PDA

View Full Version : planned trip to OZ going ahead.......

carole
03-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Some of you will remember i was in the early planning stages for a trip to the Gold Coast Australia for my two children,Scott will be taking his girlfriend Amber and his sister Melissa for a week in the July school holidays.

This will be Melissa's first time out of the country and on a plane, it is her early sixteenth birthday present from us and a very much belated one for Scott.

They are all very excited now, as i have finalised everything, airline tickets all booked with Pacific Blue, and accommodation, i missed out on the original apartment i was after, but found an even better one,the building itself is rather basic, but the apartment is rather nice, in great location,opposite the patrolled beach, close to shops and transport, as they are busing everywhere that was a top priority.

Melissa has been saving hard for her spending money from her little job at the hairdresser, she has been getting more hours so she is managing to save rather well at this stage.

They are going to have a ball,the theme parks are top on their list, along with some shopping and swimming,they can choose the beach or the pool at the complex,they will be leaving the NZ winter behind,so that in itself will be nice.

,If you want to check out the apartment, go to www.holidayaccom.com.au click on holiday lettings, then click on burleigh heads (71),go to the second page, it is the Oceania unit 11,it has all the mod cons, very comfortable and pleasant decor, i got it through a realty agent, they are privately owned and if you book through them you can get them for almost half price in some cases,well worth it, the resorts charge so much more,$700 NZ for the week is pretty good, the cheapest i could find after heap of research was $800 AUD,which is around 1100 NZ,so i am more than happy with the cost,so what you all think?

Karen
03-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Sounds great, they must be very excited!

carole
03-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes they are, it is a first time they have all been to Aussie. :)