PDA

View Full Version : How does your dog let you know......

critter crazy
03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
When they have to go potty????:D I thought this would be a Funny pst!

Duke- He has three things he does. First he will give you the stare down, if you dont pay attention to that, he will then go to the door and acratch, if once again you dont pay attention, he will come over, find any place on your body that has bare skin and Slime it!! He will work up a nice drool, and run his slime over your skin!! Needless to say, we try to payattention and get it on the Stare down!! LOL!!:D

Brutus- Brutus will donce. He will just get up,a nd spin around in circles in front of you till you let him out. :D

So what does your dog do to let you know they have to go out???

sammy101
03-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Lucy will follow us around the house and it's pretty obvious when she has to potty. I ask her " Do you have to go outside?" then she'll run to the back door.
Kodie will just scratch at the door until we let him out,lol.

Ginger's Mom
03-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Very rarely does Ginger ask to go out other than our normally scheduled walk/break times. But, on those occasions when she does have to go, she will sit directly in front of me and stare very very hard into my face. When I ask her what she wants she walk into the livingroom (it's cute because she will look over her shoulder to make sure I am following) and lean against the front door. However, if she is lying down (rather than sitting) when she is staring into my face, it means that she wants me to go into the kitchen and get her a treatsie.

binka_nugget
03-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Kai will ring the potty bell by the door. Sometimes he'll abuse the "system" and ring it again, and again, and again even if he doesn't have to go potty. :p

Kaedyn and Keeva don't do anything. They just wait until Kai starts ringing the bell.

Freedom
03-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Marlin barks. No sorry, he BARK! BARK BARK BARK BARKS!

Sugar stands with her front legs on you and hammers.

Lacey also puts her front legs on you, and whimpers.

Ozzy heads for the living room and goes. :rolleyes: He's not house trained and at 15 I don't even try, he already has too many health issues. I do keep a belly band on him most of the time indoors, and I try to take him out every 2 hours. In between, if we see him going into the living room, we run, grab him, and take him outside. (Picking him up will stop him thinking about what he was 'going' to do until we set him down again.)

Pam
03-13-2008, 02:44 PM
If I am downstairs they will simply leave the room and head to the back door and come back and then leave the room and head to the back door. Eventually I, the human, will catch on. :rolleyes:

If I am upstairs Ripley will start walking in little circles and looking at me. Bella rarely asks when we are upstairs but, for the few times that she has, she just walks over to me and does a little muffled growl, sort of sounds like ERRR. :p

Taz_Zoee
03-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Zoee will sit at the door and whine or whimper. If we aren't paying attention she will give a small bark. Or if we are in the office she'll come in there and whine then when we stand up she runs to the door.
She does the same to get back in the house. Whine or whimper, then BARK! Because it's not as easy to hear her through the door. :)

caseysmom
03-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Both of mine will just go stand by the back door.

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Duke and Champ used to come over and lie their head in my lap and stare up at me with big eyes. Now they have a doggie door so they have unlimited access to our fenced in back yard, they come and go as they please. Chopper has a potty box to use if he needs to.

kittycats_delight
03-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Artica literally bounces off the door. She runs to the door and tries the handle first. We have to keep the door locked at all time cause she can open them. We have lever like handles. When she realizes she cannot open the door. She walks back into the hall and runs and launches herself at the door and bounces off with all 4 feet. :rolleyes:

pitc9
03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Buddy wants to go outside once an hour I SWEAR!
He'll sit at the door and stare at me, but when I ignore him he'll run full speed at me and pounce and give me a low long "wooooof". I tell him to lay down and he will for about 10 seconds. Then he'll come back to me and give me a huge and very startling BARK. Then I know he means it. As soon as I start to get up he RUNS to the door and bolts through the door once it opened, makes a quick lap around the yard, waters a few trees and runs back in the house. :rolleyes: (this happens at about 1am and again at 4:am every night) I think he takes his security job a little to seriously.

Sierra almost never asks to go out becuse she goes out everytime Bud does, (goD forbid he isn't in her field of vision for 30 seconds :rolleyes: ) But once in a while she'll ask. All she does is lay her head on my lap and looks up at me with sad puppy dog eyes.

Rachel
03-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Hannah uses a variety of the methods already mentioned.

Coming into my office an staring at me.
Throwing herself up againg the front door (which isn't the door she goes out).
Standing by the back door (which is the door she goes out).
Standing by the back door and barking.
At night, she jumps off the bed & shakes her head to rattle her collar tags.

GiantSchnauzer
03-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Eika will put her head in your lap, pace from the door to your lap, nudge the door knob, and/or stare at the door. When you ask her if she wants to go out she'll bark and whine. Lily will sit at the door when she wants out. Whens she's asked if she wants to go out she spins in place.

Seravieve
03-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Zeke rarely lets us know that he needs to go outside.. He holds it forever.. and then when he goes.. he REALLY goes.. "marathon pee-er" is what we call him.

Bunny will sit in the doorway between the living room and kitchen (patio door is in Kitchen) and just stare at us. If that doesnt work, she'll sit by the patio door. We'll be in living room.. and wonder where she is.. Ahh hah.. Potty time.
Eli will generally stand by the back door.. or stand oddly in the living room. (Instead of cuddling or playing, etc..)

They all answer to "You gotta potty?" and "You need to go outside?".. they'll run circles and rush to the door when either is said.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Mine don't let us know at all, ever. We just let them out periodically throughout the day.

beeniesmom
03-13-2008, 07:19 PM
During the day...
Beenie stares at me until I ask her "what?" and then she jumps and runs for the back door.
Frankie will sit near the back door and look over his shoulder to see if anyone "notices" he is there.

At night...
Beenie will rub her back on you, if that doesn't work, she starts pouncing on you or face licks until one of us is awake.
Frankie will sit near the back door and whine until someone hears him.

Sometimes I think Beenie was a cat in her last life. :D

chocolatepuppy
03-13-2008, 08:23 PM
My dogs seldom ask to go out, I suppose because they go out frequently. On the rare occasion Lacey or Layla do want out, they go to the door and either whine or bark. Jake has learned to go to the door and try to turn the door handle, which I can hear jiggling. ;)

K9karen
03-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh our babies have trained the hoomans well!!! :D

Usually, Logan will do a staredown. When I ask her "Wanna pee?', she indicates that this stupid girl got it right and jumps up and down and heads to the outie door. Sometimes, when she's reoccupied with playing, or eating her rawhide, or on the big bed, taking a snooze, I have to remind her or she'd hold it in forever. She rarely wakes me at night, but when she does, it isn't until I hear a teeny bark, feel a wet nose under the covers, that I realize she gave me a staredown (I was zonked out).

cali
03-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Rusty, Happy, Perky, and Ripley all scratch at the door

Electra just cries, or sits silantly at the door lol. and Misty never asks, she just goes flying out the door everytime someone else asks to go out :p

elizabethann
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Fenway sits and stares at me.....just stares and stares and stares.

Lori Jordan
03-13-2008, 09:56 PM
All four of my guys are different.

Maggy-starts pacing,and jumping around all excited.

Lacy-She either whines at the door,or will sit and stare at you.

Molly-wages her tail to hit the bells on the back door.

Stormy-(little Brat) will bark non stop.

There all great though,I have never had an accident since Storm was a puppy,but he was easier to train then the girls were.

crazyboutanimals
03-13-2008, 10:38 PM
aaah the 2am potty... LMAO :rolleyes: when i have to get up in the middle of the night to PEE, well, then i wake up the little ones.. and of course THEY HAVE TO GO TOO :rolleyes: .. so, i open the back door and then run to my potty to go. then, we get settled in again... basically, as it stands right now, They go when i GO. so, in a sense, it is the twins that tell them The pups need to go, :eek: :eek: whooo. that made sense huh.

cyber-sibes
03-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Star will find me and stare at me, then turn & start towards the door. she'll look back, if I'm not coming, she'll come back & stare again till I get up and follow her. Jack just goes out whenever Star does.

kallisto4529
03-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Reilly is not quiet about it at all...lmao He comes up to you and does one of two things, either nudges you with his nose while barking, or he takes his right paw, I do believe he is right pawed....lol and he scratches at your thigh and barks at the same time. Trust me whenever he wants to go out you and the whole world know it...lol of course when he wants anything you and the whole world know it.. :D

Ramble On Rose
03-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Murphy will stand at the door with his snout a millimeter away and just stare. If that doesn't work, he'll scratch at the door.

Boscoe will sit in front of the door and looks at us. If we are upstairs, he'll come and nudge, whine and pace around in circles. Then jump for joy when I ask if he needs to go out.

Chloe who is new doesn't ask yet. Sometimes she acts nervous so i let her out, but usually she just runs out when the other dogs ask.