PDA

View Full Version : 800 dogs seized from a triple wide home OMG

beeniesmom
03-13-2008, 10:31 AM
This is really incredible. :eek:

http://www.kpho.com/news/15579448/detail.html

Freedom
03-13-2008, 11:24 AM
We had this story in our morning newspaper today as well.

They were overwhelmed? Gee, ONLY 800???

Talk about understatement! I have my hands full with 14 pets. And how the heck do you stuff up to 2 dogs in one crate, unless it is mom and puppies???

Those dogs are finally going to learn about good care and thank goodness! - and the parrots, too.

Ginger's Mom
03-13-2008, 11:26 AM
So sad. :( I will have to keep an eye on this, see what happens to those poor dogs.

Medusa
03-13-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't buy the story that they were overwhelmed. They sold a puppy to a woman and the pup got sick; she took it to her vet and told him about the deplorable conditions there and he advised her to call in law enforcement. Personally, I think it's a puppy mill. I feel sick about these poor dogs and the 82 parrots that were there as well. If I had the money, I'd pay for the vet care and placing into permanent homes every one of these poor sweeties. They showed a video of one of the puppies pushing on the roof of his carrier, desperately trying to get out. What are these people made of anyhow?

lizbud
03-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Unbelievable and so sad. I watched the film clip. They look so sweet
& glad to be out of there, I'm sure.

cassiesmom
03-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I read in the paper that the Humane Society of Southern Arizona had over 500 calls from all over the country from people wanting to see about adopting the dogs. So I hope they all go to homes where they are wanted and loved. I think it said the humane society reps were contacting another rescue specializing in bird care as far as what the birds might need before they could be adopted.

buttercup132
03-19-2008, 06:18 PM
There was a thread in dog rescue about a bunch of the Chi's getting adopted from that case :D