PDA

View Full Version : Ms.Puss 08/20/2002

delidog
08-20-2002, 07:46 PM
well, it is 8:00 p.m. here now...
i put Ms. Puss to sleep at 4:00 p.m. this afternoon....i've only just come up for air...my fiance helped me bury her at the base of a maple tree in our yard...she always loved this house...she was with me when i built it....i stayed with her when she went to sleep and wished her a good journey to The Rainbow Bridge...she'll be healthier there....God, how i miss her already...
i am going to make a plaque for her grave...it will read:

For My Dear Ms. Puss:

Oh Harried Orphan
Who Found Tender Refuge in My Hungry Heart
Sleep Now in Peace
You'll Be in My Heart Forever

i don't know how old she was...she found me in dec.1994..2 months after i lost my dear 19 yr. old dog Scrubber...i rented a house while i was looking to build...2 weeks after i got there...she was on my back porch every day...maybe the tuna i left out had something to do with it...but the moment i opened the door for her to come in...she went right to the master bedroom and jumped right up on my bed...she never left...since she was full grown at the time...i never questioned her age.....the vet thought her to be alot older than the 8 years that i had her....it seems like i had her so much longer.....
i couldn't watch her suffer anymore...though she had all other normal signs....her crying for food because she couldn't eat properly...and a feeding syringe didn't work..and her hair falling out all over was something i couldn't stand any longer...she wasn't her normal self...though as the vet said...a fighter till the end...she really did just go to sleep...no suffering...no lingering....she didn't feel any pain...in the long run, i guess it was kinder.....
though my heart is breaking for her now...i can't stop crying for her....
i'm sorry to burden you all with this...but as cat lovers, i know that you'll all understand.....
please say a prayer for Ms. Puss...that her journey to The Bridge is a swift and safe one...
thanks for listening,
Nicole

This is a portion of a letter that i sent to Randi....she has been supportive and kind throughout Ms.Puss' illness....
then i realized that all good Pet Talkers are supportive and kind...i couldn't write again about my dear Ms.Puss...so i copied a piece of it...thank you

Aspen and Misty
08-20-2002, 07:52 PM
O I am so sorry about Ms. Puss. YOu did the right thing and she sounded liek a great cat. The plack is so thoughtful and I know she will love it.

Ms. Puss you are greatly missed and your owner loved you very much. I am glad you cna now roam in the heavens and have no more pain.

Ash

Logan
08-20-2002, 07:56 PM
Oh, Nicole, what a hard decision to make, but one that was in the best interest of your precious Ms. Puss. You kept her from suffering. That's a good thing, and you gave her a wonderful home to live in. I'm so glad you stayed with her until the end. I did it when my Kaycee died and I have never regretted it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.

Logan

Uabassoon
08-20-2002, 07:58 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss. I know what your feeling.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-20-2002, 08:00 PM
Oh, Nicole. You are right we understand. Deciding to let an animal go is one of the hardest things in the world. I'm sure Ms. Puss knows how much you love her and that this was done out of that love. I had to do the same for my Lucy in 1999. I bet Lucy will show Ms. Puss all around the Rainbow Bridge. Just cling to the fact she is no longer in pain. You will be together again. My prayers are with you.

Cinder & Smoke
08-20-2002, 08:18 PM
Dear Nicole ~

We're all so sorry for your loss of Ms. Puss...

Try to remember all the wonderful times She shared with you after you first rescued her.

And Ms. Puss will always thank You for this last rescue of kindness - from Her own failing body...

Safe Trip to the Rainbow Bridge, Ms. Puss.

/s/ Phred

krazyaboutkatz
08-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Nicole, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You did the right thing for Ms. Puss so that she didn't have to suffer any more. Now she can play at RB without any pain or suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

AmberLee
08-20-2002, 10:07 PM
{{{Nicole}}},

:( The new angel at the Rainbow Bridge loves you dearly and thanks you for years of love and care. I'm so sorry that she suffered so, and that you are suffering now that her pain is ended. Hang in there.

delidog
08-20-2002, 10:07 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts....i really needed them tonight....
i don't remember who suggested the petloss website...but it is very good...i can order a rainbow bridge tribute for Ms.Puss with her photo on it...so thank you again...

you are all very special and caring people at Pet Talk....i really appreciate it.....

Ms. Puss and i thank you all
Nicole

shais_mom
08-21-2002, 12:46 AM
Nicole, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how your heart is breaking. It never goes away, it just gets easier. But it takes a long long time. Keep in mind that if love kept us alive, none of us would ever die.
Godspeed to the Bridge, Ms. Puss. Give Kisses to all the pet talk babies that are there, you will know who they are. Tell them we love them and remember we love you too, and we will see you one day again. God Bless, we love you Ms. Puss

LoudLou
08-21-2002, 02:14 AM
Nicole,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. We are deeply saddend for your loss.

Katie, Kit, Louie & The Beans.

popcornbird
08-21-2002, 02:47 AM
Delidog, I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Ms. Puss. :( I know how much pain you will have to go through because of your loss, but I hope that the fact that she is no longer in pain will help you heal quickly. You kitty will always be in your heart, and she died knowing how much you love her. Ms. Puss will always be remembered and greatly missed by all of us Pet Talkers. :(

koxka
08-21-2002, 03:53 AM
Delidog/Nicole, I'm very sorry for the lost of your sweet Ms Fuss,my thoughts are with you.
I always wonder how these little criters steal our heart!
A maple,what a nice place to have a forever rest.
You meet, you share, you part,that's life! And we can't help it! You sure gave her the best of the lifes and I guess somewhere there's a sweet kitty waiting for your love and Ms.Fuss will get a big smile in her face at the RB.

Koxka :(

08-21-2002, 05:00 AM
Rest in peace , sweet Ms.Puss !!! You are happy now at the Rainbow Bridge ! Please say hello to my beloved RB-cat Sydney ! He is there since July 22 ; you will have a great friend in my Sydney !!!

Dear Nicole , be strong now ! I know that this seems impossible to you now ; you are heartbroken now and it is as if your whole world is falling apart ..... ! I lost my dearest Sydney a month ago . ALL Pettalkers were so supportive and helped me to cope with this terrible loss ( thanks again for this !!!) . Someone gave me the advise to get a new cat ; Thanks to my greatest PT-friend Niina (Casper & Kitty) , I found a cat-shelter , where I got my new cat Maya !!! Well , Nicole , believe me , this little rascal is really helping me to get over Sydney's sudden death !!! She will never replace my sweat Sydney , but I am able now to cuddle a new pet and give her all my love !!! Believe me , it helps !!

Take care , dear Nicole !! If you need someone to talk to , send me e-mails or a Private message ! I am always there to comfort you !!:)

Bye bye litle angel Ms.Puss !
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/angels/littleangel.gif

Miss Meow
08-21-2002, 06:27 AM
Dear Nicole, we're so sorry to hear about Ms Puss. What a dreadful few weeks on this forum. Our thought are with you.

Nicole

margaret
08-21-2002, 06:59 AM
I'm so very, very sorry to hear about the loss of your Ms. Puss. I know you miss her more than anything, and I wish I could ease that pain for you. The wonderful thing is that Ms. Puss will live forever in your thoughts and memories -- I think we are blessed in that sense, that we can remember our loved ones always and they never truly leave us.

I dread the day when I have to experience with my own two cats the difficult choice you made with Ms. Puss. Be strong, and remember you have friends here at Pet Talk.

Piglet
08-21-2002, 07:23 AM
So sorry for your loss :( , , it must have been a heartbreaking decision to say goodbye to Ms. Puss. I hope your family and friends are understanding and can help you cope with this.

lynnestankard
08-21-2002, 08:11 AM
oh {{{{nicole}}}} how brave of you.

that's the hardest decision to make - i know, i did it for our dear rb kisi. and you were the last thing she saw - til she opened her little eyes at rb. no more pain, no more suffering - you gave her the greatest thing we can give our beloved furkids - freedom.
the tears will fall - she'll never leave your memory. be kind to yourself - allow the tears to flow. you have lots of shoulders here at pet talk to cry on.
usabassoon's just lot her zasper too - very sad time. :(

RIP MS PUSS xxx RIP ZASPER xxx

love from
lynne xx

Former User
08-21-2002, 09:31 AM
Nicole, I'm so sorry for your loss of Ms Puss. I know it's easier said than done, but stay strong and take care of yourself, ok? You can also always PM/email me if you feel like it. I've also lost a pet, and I know how terribly painful it is. But eventually the pain will easen. Till then, just go day by day, cry when you feel like it, yell when you feel like, it's all part of the healing.

(((((((((((((((((((Nicole))))))))))))))))))))))

zippy-kat
08-21-2002, 10:32 AM
So sorry for your loss Nicole!
Aug. 25th will make 10yrs since the loss of my Tom. I think of him always, and I'm sure Ms. Puss is will always, always(!) be tucked away in your heart. It is rough for awhile, but it does get easier.

Thinkin' of ya & wishin' ya the best~
{{hugs}}
zippie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-21-2002, 12:57 PM
Nicole I'm so sorry to hear about Ms. Puss. You made a difficult decision, but you were brave and weren't selfish. I, too, dread the day when I have to make such a decision.

Please be strong and know that you gave Ms. Puss the best you had to offer. She knew she was loved and had a good home, and she also knew that you were there in the end.
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cry.gif

Take Care.

lovemymaltese
08-21-2002, 03:13 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, may you find the strength you need to carry on. Bless sweet Ms. Puss.

delidog
08-22-2002, 09:52 PM
i just wanted to let you know that right now,all of you people and pets at pet talk mean more to me than anything....all your kind words and wishes of support and show of support are the best medicine for the pain....
i now feel better about the decision that i made...the guilt was just overwhelming to me....but individually, and as a collective group you have helped me to see the big picture and erode some of those feelings of guilt....while i will always question my decision,could she have gone on longer?,was her quality of life deminished,and on and on...the ultimate question was...am i keeping her alive for me?? or for her??? thats' how i came to my decision.....
but you guys help me to support that decision...
karen and paul, i will always be greatful for your site at this time in my life...your members just don't come as better people than this....i cherish all of you...i hope that someday,i can make just one person feel the way that you all have made me feel.....

my deepest and most sincere thank you to pet talk and all its' wonderful members
Nicole

Ann
08-23-2002, 09:25 AM
Oh, I am so very sorry... I wish there was no such thing as death

Andie
08-23-2002, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear about Ms. Puss. :(
I wouldn't know what to do if we ever lost Fluffy. I can't imagine the pain you are going through but I send you all my love and well wishings. Take care and always remember You will see each other sometime down the road.

NoahsMommy
08-23-2002, 11:17 AM
Nichole,

You made the right decision. I often think about what would happen if my furbabies got sick and I was put in the same situation. It's amazingly hard to make a decision like that and it isn't happening to me. I can only imagine the turmoil you have felt. Please always know, you did the RIGHT thing. They depend on us for survival and for their best interests, this was Ms. Puss' best interest. They don't deserve to live in pain. You are very, very kind.

I am very sorry Ms. Puss went to RB so soon for you (when is it ever not too soon? :( ). But she'll always be in your heart.

I bet she loves her resting place under the tree, that is so nice. I can just imagine how peaceful it is there, perfect for your little girl.

I wish for you happiness and only to remember the good times you shared with your beloved Ms. Puss. May the saddness and guilt be washed away with time.

God Bless.