PDA

View Full Version : Woman and cat share staph infection

Medusa
03-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Read this article this morning and thought I'd share. Makes good hygiene more important than ever.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/830611

momcat
03-13-2008, 07:54 AM
This was on our local news last night and again this morning. What's surprising is they think the cat got it from her!!!!! I find that a bit scary because when I had the flu recently Groucho turned into the ultimate velcro kitty.

Laura's Babies
03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Wow!!! That is a eye opener. I never would have thought about a cat getting it but you know how cats are, you can't do anything that they are right there, getting in the way.

Laura's Babies
03-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Wow!!! That is a eye opener. I never would have thought about a cat getting it but you know how cats are, you can't do anything that they are right there, getting in the way.

When my son was in the hospital after he was burned, he got that bad one about 3 times. They made his wife go get tested and she didn't have it. They told her you can have it and not know it and all they have to do is swap your nose and I think the treatment was a nose spray to kill it. Luckliy, she didn't have it.

catmandu
03-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I Have Had People Tell Me That I Have Too Many Cats And That They Will Make Me Ill.
I Dont Think So , They Have All Had Thier Shots , And I May Actually Ending Giving Them Something. We Share The Same Foods , On Seperate Dishes Of Course So I Think Theres No Danger To Any Of Us.

Medusa
03-13-2008, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=catmandu]I Have Had People Tell Me That I Have Too Many Cats And That They Will Make Me Ill.[QUOTE]
I think probably all of us in multiple cat households have been told that at one time or another. But, in this case, the woman gave the staph infection to her cat, not the other way around. It still pays to practice good hygiene but I'm not concerned about it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-13-2008, 01:26 PM
OMG, what a scary eye-opener...! I thought it was impossible to pass on infections from a human to a cat.... :eek: