PDA

View Full Version : Picture I made

slleipnir
08-20-2002, 07:03 PM
http://www.catastrophic.pure-ecstasy.net/group.jpg

I made this to..er..'represent' me in some way lol. I guess that sounds weird but I don't know what I'm talking about half the time. Things I love I guess. :] Don't ask about the bg..I don't know LOL, it just looks cool I thought..

Aspen and Misty
08-20-2002, 07:32 PM
They took a long time to download, but boy were they worth it! They are so nice! your animals are very cute!

Ash

Rottieluver45
08-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Wow!! looks Great! I love the horses!

anna_66
08-20-2002, 08:37 PM
I like it! It looks way cool!

wolf_Q
08-20-2002, 11:43 PM
LOVE it! You did an excellent job, and I think the background looks awesome! What program do you use again? You just inspired me to change my siggy pic......getting sick of it heh. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-21-2002, 06:20 AM
Great picture!

primabella
08-21-2002, 08:04 AM
:p*salutes canadian flag*:p hehe, very nice job:)

slleipnir
08-21-2002, 10:56 AM

Amy: I use Adobe 6.0..it's a great program :] What do you use?? (Love your new sig btw ;])

wolf_Q
08-21-2002, 12:01 PM
I use Adobe Photoshop 6.0 too. :D Actually I've just barely started using it, I had 5.0 before.......so I have to figure out all the new stuff.

Thanks about my siggy.....the white background is actually supposed to be transparent though....I can't get it to work. In photoshop it says it's transparent, it's saved as a .gif But when I upload it to imagestation it has the white back. ??

Former User
08-21-2002, 12:22 PM
It's a veeeeery nice pic, I actually envy that you can do things like that LOL! But, did you check the size of it? It's huge, 110Kb... NOw, I Have dsl, but still it took a while to come. How about those with slower connections?
There used to be a post on general that the size of the signature should be about 30Kb, so that the loading time would be done in timely fashion.

We have Photoshop 7, I haven't checked all the goodies out yet, but I surely could use a new signature too.... Any hints you have?You sure have eye for nice designing stuff. :)

wolf_Q
08-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Which siggy are you talking about? Mine says its 41kb in photoshop. Audrey's siggy didn't take any time to load on my computer, and I have a cruddy 56k lol.

Former User
08-21-2002, 12:56 PM
I can see that your signature is 113Kb... I right click and go to properties....

wolf_Q
08-21-2002, 01:28 PM
That's weird because I swear when I opened it in Adobe Photoshop it says its 41kb...I checked again.....I guess it gets bigger when I upload to imagestation, lol, I don't know.

Are gif files bigger then jpg? I can save it as a jpg I just had it as a gif because i wanted the background transparent (which I can't get to work anyway...)

Former User
08-21-2002, 01:54 PM
Generally gif files are bigger than jpg. A lot depends how many colors you use...

slleipnir
08-21-2002, 02:30 PM
Amy: I've tried to do transparent thing too, but, I didn't save it as gif and it didn't work. Do you have the pic on your desktop as it being transparent?? if you do could you send it to me on aim? I can try something if you want..

Mine sig is big too, you can use adobe to lower the resolution, which all it does is makes the image smaller, but not really how it looks. Atleast I don't notice any diff?? Mine seems to take a while to load on mine, and I have dsl too, but amy, yours loaded really fast for me..lol!

slleipnir
08-21-2002, 02:32 PM
BTW, the pup in your sig pic, the lab, looks so much like jo as a pup! It's too cute ;] -attacks it-

wolf_Q
08-21-2002, 02:45 PM
OK I'll send it to you.....I don't ever add anyone to aim (keep forgetting) so IM me when you're online, I don't know when you are online. Or I can email it to you.

Maybe I'll try making it a bit smaller or lowering the resolution...It's odd they load slow on dsl. Because I have a crappy 56k AND a really crappy slow free internet service, and I have no trouble loading them.

Thanks about the lab pup drawing! I believer her name was Joya, and she was from Switzerland. :D

lovemymaltese
08-21-2002, 03:01 PM
That is very creative, I like it. Thanks so much for sharing.