PDA

View Full Version : What do you make of this??

Sirrahsim
03-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I saw this ad in the local paper and thought it sounded a little fishy... The people sound really nice but it sure feels like a puppy farm to me :(
http://www.maggicpets. com/

Denyce
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Absolutely. I never see that many breeds being bred by a responsible breeder. It is so CLEARLY a puppy mill. I wish places like this could be shut down more easily.

pitc9
03-11-2008, 02:44 PM
I didn't spend too much time looking at the site, but just seeing how many breeds they breed and the fact that they breed "designer breeds" they don't look like ethical breeders.

Without doing extensive research, I would assume they are a backyard breeders or a puppy mill.

Freedom
03-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Site won't load. Based on the above comments, I suppose that is a GOOD thing!

Ginger's Mom
03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Yep, that is a puppy mill. They have an Eskie girl on their website with valentine decorations (I guess they were suggesting she would be a great valentine's gift :rolleyes: ). All it says about her parents is that they are small and good with kids. Certainly not a good sign. Poor baby girl. She will probably be used to make Eskie-poos if someone doesn't buy her in the next five months. :(

Karen
03-11-2008, 03:18 PM
The site loaded fine for me. A red flag is that their pups are CKC - Continental Kennel Club registered, not AKC ... it looks like a puppy mill, or at best a backyard breeder.

Sirrahsim
03-11-2008, 03:29 PM
it makes me so sad :( :(

Jessika
03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm with Karen -- when the first thing I saw on the site was that they are registered through CKC and not the AKC or equivellant, that immediately raised a red flag. Then the list of breeds... NO RESPONSIBLE or LEGITIMATE breeder would "breed" that many breeds! They stick to one or two, at most!

SEVENTEEN BREEDS, Holy freakin' cow!!!!! Are they a pet store or a breeder?!?!

lizbud
03-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Responsible breeders don't have to put an ad in the local paper to
find owners for their dogs. They would probably have a waiting list for
their animals.

buttercup132
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Looks like a mini Wizard of claws/paws.
So sad:(

hugapet
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
You are all correct...and it is estimated she now has over 400 dogs she is breeding. disgusting place that needs to be shut down. She also has 2 websites. Please tell anyone and everyone that they do not want to support the misery she places on these poor dogs. It is called Heddins Ranch and Kennel, located outside the city limits of Bowie, TX in Montague County Texas.

lute
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Poor dogs! This person has a problem! No reputable breeder would have this many breeds and ABSOLUTELY no good breeder would cross breed! CKC registered dogs are also a bad thing. STAY AWAY from this breeder!

dreamparkingspace
08-05-2008, 07:27 PM
What is the CKC? Never heard of it. Also, what the heck is a "mini-beagle" or an "eskipoo." There website also isn't very professional. A lot of things are spelled wrong and some pictures don't load up. Oh yea, and their Pug puppy looks like a full-grown Pitbull er something...

Jessika
08-05-2008, 07:35 PM
What is the CKC? Never heard of it. Also, what the heck is a "mini-beagle" or an "eskipoo." There website also isn't very professional. A lot of things are spelled wrong and some pictures don't load up. Oh yea, and their Pug puppy looks like a full-grown Pitbull er something...

CKC is the Continental Kennel Club, which is in my opinion NOT a legitimate registry

It is commonly mistaken with the Canadian Kennel Club, which IS a legitimate registry.

shepgirl
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Didn't load up for me either, but from the comments I take it it wouldn't be a responsible breeder.
I agree that a responsible breeder doesn't have to advertise. Usually have a waiting list before the breeding even takes place.

Giselle
08-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Here's a trick whenever you see "CKC":

CANADIAN Kennel Club = CanKC
CONTINENTAL Kennel Club = ConKC

;)

lute
08-06-2008, 10:03 AM

There is no such breed as a Eskiepoo or a mini-Beagle or a Puggle. They are mixed breed dogs with a fancy name to get people to buy them. The Eskiepoo is a mix between an American Eskimo Dog and a Poodle. They are no less genetically sound or better than any purebred dog. Just another way for stupid people to make money.:mad:

Jessika
08-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Here's a trick whenever you see "CKC":

CANADIAN Kennel Club = CanKC
CONTINENTAL Kennel Club = ConKC

;)

lol nice!