PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a cellphone PLEASE READ!!!!!

moosmom
03-11-2008, 09:33 AM
http://mailcenter2.comcast.net/wmc/v/wm/47D6972A000C8F120000355E22007511509C9C01049F0A0B?c md=Next&no=1&sid=c0

Logan
03-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Where are we supposed to be looking? I didn't see an article on cell phones.

Grace
03-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Okay - I'm at the link. It's the front page of Comcast. Don't see anything about cell phones.

moosmom
03-11-2008, 09:59 AM
I got this in my email. I wish I could post the pictures so you could see.

I am VERY guilty of doing this. I'd talk on my cellphone while it's charging.

Do not charge your mobile phone the whole night and DON'T keep it near you while charging. IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY!

I HOPE YOU'RE NOT DOING THIS!!! Never, ever answer a cell phone while it is being RECHARGED!! A few days ago, a person was recharging his cell phone at home. Just at that time, a call came in and he answered it with the instrument still connected to the outlet. After a few seconds,
electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud. His parents rushed to the
room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers.

He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival. Cell phones are a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death. Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet!

kitten645
03-11-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/cellcharge.asp

moosmom
03-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I had a FEELING it was a fake but...live and learn. Thanks for posting SNOPES. I just called the person who sent it to me and told them. She was surprized but said she'd never talk on her cellphone while plugged in again.

Looking more closely at the pictures of the hand, it looks like it happened during a lightning storm.

Lady's Human
03-11-2008, 01:07 PM
That story is an absolute impossibility. The cell phone charger would be a pile of charred plastic long before it sent that kind of current into the phone.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2008, 01:20 PM
My cell phone has to be turned off to be charged anyway. No way it could ring.

jackie
03-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Cell phones are a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death. Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet![/B]

HAHAHHAHA! :p

Jessika
03-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Even if this were true, I'm sure it was such a fluke chance of ever happening that it would be a minute percentage of cell phone users that it shouldn't cause for alarm.

It's kinda creepy to think about , though. My phone doesn't even charge plugged in to the wall, I charge it via USB hooked to my computer, so lets say we DID have an electrical storm and/or power surge, my computer would fry before I would.

Cinder & Smoke
03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
That story is an absolute impossibility.

The cell phone charger would be a pile of charred plastic long before
it sent that kind of current into the phone.

Given the sketchy details of the original story, I will agree that being "injured" by
talking on a Cell Phone while only the two factors of 1) The phone was being charged,
and 2) the phone *RANG* is rather far-fetched.

First: The phone won't *RING* if you're talking on it - the second call is announced by
a tone or a *beep* - softly, in your earphone.

Secondly: "Charging" isn't a high-voltage or high-current event ...

POSSIBLY: You could have a defective or poorly made BATTERY - they have been known
to either explode or burst into flames ... probably not *phunn* if you're holding the phone
to your ear when it goes *Zapp* or *BOOM*! :(

The Greatest Danger is using ANY Appliance or Device that is connected to any WIRES
during an electrical / lightning storm! :eek:
If it "plugs in" to the wall - be it land-line telephone, cell phone connected to a charger,
hair dryer, microwave oven, or coffee pot ~~~
Do NOT Touch it if you see lightning or hear thunder!

Lightning travels in Very Strange Ways - you're at risk if you're just touching ANY electrical
or electronic device during a storm.
Go sit in a soft chair and *pat* a Dawg or a Kat --- THEY aren't too dangerous in a storm.

:D

moosmom
03-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks Phred. I'd rather pat a cat anyway. Cellphones don't purr.

Catlady711
03-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I'd rather pat a cat anyway. Cellphones don't purr.

True, mine doesn't purr either, but it does play the meow mix jingle instead of ringing. ROFL :p

vinjashira
03-12-2008, 04:03 AM
you can have a purring mobile phone now http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

here is the link to download the mp3 (http://www.freepolyringtones.co.uk/truetones/animal.htm)

Jessika
03-12-2008, 04:38 PM
you can have a purring mobile phone now http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

here is the link to download the mp3 (http://www.freepolyringtones.co.uk/truetones/animal.htm)
Have you heard the "meowing" one that comes on some Samsung phones? For years my friend had it as his ringtone and it would trick me every time!! It was especially funny when we were out in public, people would stop and start looking around for a kitty hehe

slleipnir
03-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Do not charge your mobile phone the whole night and DON'T keep it near you while charging. IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY!

I HOPE YOU'RE NOT DOING THIS!!! Never, ever answer a cell phone while it is being RECHARGED!! A few days ago, a person was recharging his cell phone at home. Just at that time, a call came in and he answered it with the instrument still connected to the outlet. After a few seconds,
electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud. His parents rushed to the
room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers.

He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival. Cell phones are a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death. Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet!

I do this a lot too :o