PDA

View Full Version : Look what I woke up to.....

catnapper
03-10-2008, 08:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Pillow.jpg

Yup, Cam's back home SAFE ,where he BELONGS.

Ashley called the other night and offered him to us. Then called back and said he could spend the night. My Spidey-sense was tingling, because all along getting him for just an hour was like pulling teeth. Now she was offering him to us for an overnight? Something was up. As it turns out, her new home was in chaos and she left yesterday morning.

Cam is SO SO SO happy to be back home. Every time Ashley tried to take him out of our room, he threw a fit. Even if she took him for his bath or food, he didn't want to leave the room. His first night back in his crib was terrible. He cried all night long, so somewhere in the middle of the night last night (night #2 back), we broke down and brought him in with us, where he slept peacefully for the remainder of the night.

He woke up with LOADS of smiles, then crawled out of bed to give Nicki a huge hug (who by the way has perked up MAJORLY since he came back Saturday afternoon) then he went and said "HI!" to every one of his kitty friends.

Of course that means his mom is back too. I hope she learned some major lessons. I can definitely feel a difference with her attitude and she does admit she has an emotional problem and will go for therapy. She also has a plan for a real job. One with benefits. The hours will be hard on her (graveyard shift) but it will definitely keep her from going out partying all the time.

I pray this "break" was what she needed to see clearly and realize that we weren't the terrible people who were out to get her. She's clearly humbled and very ashamed (as one should be in an instant like this)

PS: I'm thrilled Cam's home again!!!!!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif

Karen
03-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Oh, thank you for sharing such good news. Poor Cam! I am so happy for him to be back with his fur friends, and glad Ashley is "seeing the light."

Scooter's Mom
03-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I am so thrilled to see Cam is home - SAFE. I have been very worried and have kept you all in my prayers. I will continue to do so.

YAY!

ramanth
03-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Great news for you!! Such a wonderful sight to wake too. :)

Taz_Zoee
03-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I have been waiting to see this wonderful news! :D
I am so thrilled for you. :) I hope his mother will get on the right track.

Catty1
03-10-2008, 11:57 PM
YAAAY! I do hope that Ashley gets some pro help...she is young and can have a happy terrific life! :)

With Cam's reactions, good and bad, I am sure she can see that he knows where 'home' is.

Ashley - you go, girl! Life can be better than you dreamed. Just keep going forward. ;)

Kim - {{{{hugs}}}}

jackie
03-11-2008, 03:49 AM
Fantastic news. :)

jenluckenbach
03-11-2008, 05:17 AM
OH happy day!!! :D :D

Pawsitive Thinking
03-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Let's hope she has learnt her lesson the hard way. At least she has the sense to know where her real home is, maybe she will appreciate all you do for her now

Good luck for the future :D

Medusa
03-11-2008, 06:22 AM
I'll admit to knowing only a little bit about this story because I didn't follow the entire thread. I only started reading and posting on General a few months ago. But it sure is good news when I hear of a baby that's safe and secure and a mom who is working hard to get herself together for her child's sake. (and hers, too) You sound happy as can be and this is good!

Pam
03-11-2008, 06:44 AM
This is wonderful news Kim. I am so happy for everyone! It sounds like this break was just what Ashley needed and she is on the right track. What a great thread to read this morning. :)

Freedom
03-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Yippee!

pitc9
03-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh what WONDERFUL news!!!!

moosmom
03-11-2008, 10:38 AM
*doing a BIG happy dance!!!!!*

What wonderful news! That poor little boy has been through so much. I'm glad you gave in and put him in bed with you. The one thing he needs right now is security. And if it means sleeping in your bed for a while till things calm down, then so be it!

You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. Here's praying that Ashley has finally gotten her act together and realizes that it's not just about HER anymore.

Husky_mom
03-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Iīm so happy!!.... not only for you but for us too.... I love seeing Cam....

I canīt describe the excitement here.... but Iīm sure you know it better ;)

awwww...... such a cute pic of him.....awwww.... and I picture him hugging and kissing his furry buddies and canīt help but put a smile on my face and awwww....

krazyaboutkatz
03-11-2008, 11:49 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D

mruffruff
03-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Now I know why I was thinking about you all week end!

I'm so glad they are home. I'm sure you are too :D

Rachel
03-11-2008, 03:47 PM
What wonderful news. Is there any way the whole family could meet with a counselor for help in establishing some ground rules for making this work? Ashley's going to need on-going support and Cam needs continuity and you and the rest of the family need peace of mind. Those are a lot of needs to be considered and perhaps a objective third party would have some suggestions on how to make this home coming a successful long term arrangement.