PDA

View Full Version : My grandmother has passed on

DJFyrewolf36
03-10-2008, 06:52 PM
This morning my brother found that my grandma had passed away in her sleep. He went over just to get her grocery list and he found her in bed. Of course my dad is upset, as my grandpa on his side died around christmas four years ago. My brother is beside himself. I really can't go down there so all I can do is be supportive over the phone and online. It sucks I can't do more :(

My grandmother was one of the strongest people I've ever known. She had been through so much in her life but always kept a positive attiude. RIP grandma Gloria, you were always an inspiration to me and encuaged me to follow my dreams.

Alysser
03-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I am so sorry for you and your family. {{{hugs}}} to you and your family at this time. :(

Catlady711
03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandma. At least it sounds like she went peacefully in her sleep and didn't have to suffer through a long illness. My condolences.

moosmom
03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
DJ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

((((((HUGS))))))))

Freedom
03-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Such a shock for your brother.

Prayers for all of you at this difficult time. RIP, Grandma Gloria.

Chilli
03-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Huge (((((hugs))))) and good vibes headed out to your family in this time of mourning. I wish I could give better words to help, but I can't find them... I'm sorry. :(

Karen
03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Your family and you will be in our prayers. If it is any comfort to him, she went the best way possible - in her sleep, no pain and suffering.

As for you not being able to help- it's likely even if you were physically there, there wouldn't be a whole lot you could do. But why not get a notebook, and jot down all the nice memories of her you can think of, then you can share that with you Dad and brother some day, and maybe your own grandchildren or grandnieces and nephews if they happen!

Catty1
03-10-2008, 07:53 PM
{{{hugs}}}

I hope your brother can come visit you for a while...and you can remember your glorious Grandma Gloria.

My condolences...

DJFyrewolf36
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I had a very nice talk with my dad a little bit ago and even he said the best thing I can do is honor my grandmas memory by doing what I dream of doing and have dreamt of since I was little, Music.

dukedogsmom
03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear about her passing but glad to hear she wasn't ill and passed on peacefully. She must have been a great woman. I'm sure she will be greatly missed.

Vela
03-10-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. My prayers for you and your whole family.

Felicia's Mom
03-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I am sorry your grandmother passed away. May she R.I.P.

Ginger's Mom
03-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

RedHedd
03-10-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss

Twisterdog
03-11-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

My father passed away a month ago, so I know painfully well what you are going through.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Glacier
03-11-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Your grandma sounds like a wonderful woman. May she rest well.

Medusa
03-11-2008, 06:25 AM
How old was your grandmother? This reminds me of how my own father passed at age 88. He was canning vegetables and told my mother that he was going to take a nap. He took the big one. What a way to go, peacefully, and that's what we want for our loved ones, isn't it? This was your grandmother's reward for her years of hard times; she deserved to leave peacefully. I know that she's as proud of you as you were/are of her.

pitc9
03-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Passing in your sleep... what a peaceful way to leave this earth.

{{{HUGS}}}

BitsyNaceyDog
03-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Randi
03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your grandmother, but I hope it's a comfort to you and your family that she went peacefully.

My thoughts are with you - take care!

AmberLee
03-11-2008, 10:15 AM
{{{gentle hugs}}}

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family now.

gini
03-11-2008, 11:05 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. In time I hope your grief can be replaced with all of the wonderful memories that you have of Grandma Gloria.

DJFyrewolf36
03-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks again guys. My grandma was 89 and honestly it does comfort me that she went peacefully. She had been having some medical issues for some time but nothing that really drug her down (not that you'd notice anyhow lol). My grandfather was in and out of the hospital before he died so it was a releif that my grandma didn't have to go through that.

fritz03
03-11-2008, 03:50 PM
My condolences to you and your family over the loss of your Grandmother.I know how it is,I lost my Grandmother(Dad's mother) 23 years ago March 1.I think about her this time of year,I missed her a lot after she passed on and it eventually got a little as time went along,it will be the same with Dad,it will be 1 year on March 27 since he passed and miss him as much now as I did then.