PDA

View Full Version : Finn's most recent Dock Dogs event was a huge success!

finn's mom
03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
We just returned from Gonzales, Louisiana (it was our second event last year, and what a way to celebrate one year with Dock Dogs!). Finn really pulled out all the stops, and jumped over 20 feet seven or eight times this weekend! He only had 20 footers a couple times in his entire first year, and his best jump of the weekend is now his new personal best (21'3") so it was a HUGE weekend for us!

We came in second in the Semi Pro Big Air Finals (where it's all about distance), with a jump of 20'6 (1st was 20'7!). In the Pro Finals, the winningest team jumped 23'10"!

Our best Speed Retrieve time (which is all about speed) was 7.4, which put us in the final 8, but Finn seemed tired and didn't better that time in the finals, putting him out of the top four. The winner did it in 7.1 seconds.

In Extreme Vertical (all about height!), we didn't do well enough to get into the finals, but it was a good day for Finn, he's never jumped three different heights before! We jumped 5'0, 5'2, and 5'4! The winner in that event got 7'2"!

All in all, it was an outstanding weekend for Team Super Finn! :) He is truly a blessing and such a good, fun dog. It was our best event to date! :)

I didn't get video this time, but David did get a couple good photos, so I will try to get them online this week.

Not sure where we'll go next, but hopefully, we won't have to wait more than a month for our next event.

gemini9961
03-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Way to go Finn and Kari! :)

Glacier
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
GO Finn!!!!

pitc9
03-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm SO happy and proud of you both!!

I can't wait to see pictures!!

GO TEAM SUPER FINN!!!

Karen
03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
That's just amazing! Way to go, Finn! And mom, too, of course, after all you should get some credit as chauffeur and trainer, right? ;)

Alysser
03-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Good work, Finn!! You seem to have a GREAT knack at Dock dogs, eh? Congratulations to you and your mom! :D

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-10-2008, 06:51 PM
YAY FINN!! Wow that boy can jump. He is such a studly boy. I love him! I hope you post some pics of him soon :)

finn's mom
03-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks, guys! I still haven't gotten the images off my camera, yet, but I will! There are only a couple, but they are decent. :) :)

cyber-sibes
03-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Congratulations Finn! We like to watch the dock dog events on TV, maybe one day we'll see Finn "catchin' some air"!

Freedom
03-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Your excitement and enthusiasm is just LEAPING off the screen! :D Such a good time for you and Finn. Remember this, the hard work DOES pay off, he hee. Congratulations, extra treats for Finn -- yes, give him another one, from me in RI!

vinjashira
03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
well done Finn and Finn's Mom :)

finn's mom
03-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you! :D We are pretty proud of our boy. :D

We are getting ready to finally add the Springer to his exercise regimen. :) The attachment that goes on your bike. It will definitely be good for me to get out and ride, and it will be great for Finn's endurance.

We're considering getting him a pulling harness as well, and hooking up to a weighted wheeled cart to build his strength as well. If we had an ATV of some sort, we'd use that, but alas...we don't! So, we'll have to just put something together for him to pull if we're going to add that to his training.

dukedogsmom
03-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Hurray for Finn! You don't put nearly enough pics of him here. I'll look forward to seeing the dock diving ones but can we have some others, too? I've always been a fan of his.

finn's mom
03-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Hurray for Finn! You don't put nearly enough pics of him here. I'll look forward to seeing the dock diving ones but can we have some others, too? I've always been a fan of his.

That's the ultimate compliment, Val. :) Nothing could be finer than to show off my boy. :) I'll post a thread with some dock jumping photos, as well as finding some recent ones that aren't from the event, if I can. :)

Thanks again, you guys, for checking in our Finn's progress!

RobiLee
03-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Excellent job, Finn and Kari! Good work. You guys should be so proud of yourselves.

I'm also a Finn fan and would love to see more pics of hiim.