PDA

View Full Version : Your dogs favorite toys?!

tikeyas_mom
03-10-2008, 11:16 AM
What kind of toys does your dog enjoy.. to distroy or play with :D.

What seems to last the longest out of all the toys?

Does your pooch love squeeky toys, or chew toys?

finn's mom
03-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Finn will play with anything. He is a destroyer (not an eater) of all toys, though, so I don't leave anything out for him unless I can supervise him. For dock jumping, he prefers long toys (like a bumper or an Air Kong). The longest lasting toys for Finn seem to be the Kongs. He loves squeaky toys and stuffies, as well. :)

Ramble On Rose
03-10-2008, 12:38 PM
My pug, Murphy loves fleese toys and occationaly naws on a bumpy nylabone. Bosco isn't particular about the shape or material, but it must squeak. The louder, the better. Chloe wants whatever Murphy has because that must be the best toy if he has it. Other than that, she loves tennis balls and is also a fan of squeakers.

Pam
03-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Bella's favorite is balls - ANY ball!!! She lives to fetch and when she sees me with a ball in my hand she just goes into orbit. :)

Ripley has formed a very strong attachment to his nylabone barbell. It just fits his little mouth and he has to run with it and throw it up in the air and listen to it clank on the kitchen floor several times a day. If he can't find it right away he will take another nylabone and use that.

They both love stuffies but Bella is so destructive that I seldom get new ones. She wants to be in the Guinness book to see if she can break the record for geetting the squeekie out. I think she probably holds the record or comes in a close second to whoever the winner is. :p

They both go totally crazy over bully sticks. :)

pitc9
03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Sierra loves to destroy stuffies!
She'll play with them for a few days, then she'll rip out the squeaker and all the stuffing.

She likes tennis balls and is getting better at throwing them back to you!

Buddy doesn't play with toys. Once in a while he'll pick on up and walk around with it in his mouth but that's about it!

They both like chewing on Nylabones.

Taz_Zoee
03-10-2008, 01:22 PM
When Zoee was younger she would destroy a stuffie. Or when she is at my brothers house her and Lucy will destroy them, playing tug.
But now, she has two stuffies and the frog is still in one piece and the hedgehog just has a small hole in it. When we first come home she will run and get one of the stuffies for us to either play tug with her or throw it down the hall so she can fetch it. :)
We are trying to teach her how to tell the difference between the two stuffies - frogger or hedgehog. She gets it right sometimes.

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Chopper's favorite toy is his two little balls (lol, sorry mind in gutter :D), they have bumps on them so when you toss them they bounce in all directions. (shhh, don't tell him they are cat toys)
Duke likes soft babies and I find that the ones that hold up the best I get at wal-mart made by FAT CAT.
Champ loves tug toys, especially tug ropes.

k9krazee
03-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Kyra is the only true toy nut around here. She likes balls...bouncy balls, tennis balls, golf balls, basketballs, volleyballs, nerf balls...

Mini is a stuffie destroyer. Squeaky ones are her favorite. She also loves her milk cartons and tosses them around in the yard a lot.

Jack's favorite toy is the toy that somebody else is playing with.

Micki loooves soft or fuzzy toys. He'll suck and nibble on them, and pull off the fuzz.

And Shadow likes to chew on nylabones once in awhile, but she's never really been one to really play with toys.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Sadie almost always has a tennis ball in her mouth.... and Rita loves squeeky toys, and tennis balls.

Freedom
03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Lacey is the only one to use toys here. She loves a ball with a squeaker in it. They tend to be soft plush but we do have a few which are not. Regular tennis balls are too tough for her to squeeze. so I can throw one, but she just watches it and then looks at me. :rolleyes:

We have an Air Dog Squeaker, several plush (including some from the recent gift swap) and one from PetCo which is not on their web site and I can't recall the name of it.

They tend to last 3 weeks with intensive play 3 times per day. Once she breaks the squeaker, it is 'no good.'

lute
03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
My dogs all love the giant rope tug. Bought it at a dog show and every dog, including rescues, love this toy.

kallisto4529
03-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Reilly loves stuff that squeaks~!!!!!! his favorite one we call "squeaky" is this long blue thing that is actually starting to tear and i cant find another just like it :eek: he also loves balls that squeak and have bells in them, and he loves to play with tug toys.

bckrazy
03-11-2008, 03:31 AM
My dogs both love stuffies... they will eventually de-stuff anything soft, but most of the stuffies I get them are super durable. They have a bunch of Fat Cat stuffed toys, and those are the best! They've yet to destroy any of them. They have all the cats, the raccoon, and the yankers. Fat Cat Website (http://www.shopfatcat.com/dogtoys.html)

Besides those... they also love their Jolly Balls (with ropes), fleece tugs, and all of their Planet Dog toys. Gonzo loves the Orbee balls, and Fozzie loves the rubber toys. The eggplant in particular. C;

They both love soft frisbees, too. Gonzo actually catches it, Fozzie chases him after he catches it and steals it.