PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS games

slleipnir
03-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Any recommendations for DS games?

I recently picked up a DS along with Elite Beat Agents. Very amusing game. Just curious what other DS games people are interested in?

Freedom
03-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Brain Age is great!

I also like Freedom Wings!

Tetris was way too boring, wished I realized it was available on line I'd never have bought it.

Sudoku Gridmaster is fine UNLESS you have Brain Age; the Sudoku functions are SO sophisticated on Brain Age that I am disappointed each time I open Gridmaster.

I bought Nintendogs Dachshund & Friends, but haven't opened it yet; I've had it over a year.

If you haven't already, spend the $2 or so and buy a screen cover for the touch pad. It is just a thin piece of plastic, but over time you will be GLAD you have it.

Jessika
03-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Nintedogs, obviously, though I got bored of it quickly.

But ones that I didn't get bored of for a looooong time was Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. Even then, Animal Crossing is boring to me now but Harvest Moon is addicting. Those are two games that "never end". :)

Uabassoon
03-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I really liked the Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Mario Cart (http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-73590-Mario-Kart/dp/B000A2R54M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205160537&sr=1-1) is my favorite followed closely by Super Mario Bros. (http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-NTR-P-A2DE-Super/dp/B000ERVMI8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205160580&sr=1-8) . (Super Mario Bros. has mini games on it that are fun too.) I haven't played it yet, but Justin likes Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (http://www.amazon.com/Capcom-32001-Phoenix-Wright-Attorney/dp/B000B69E96/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205160446&sr=8-3) .

Rachel
03-10-2008, 04:42 PM
I have Brain Age 2 and Brain Age Academy, parts of which can be humbling to say the least.

Freedom
03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I just picked up Brain Age 2 today! :p

slleipnir
03-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I just picked up Brain Age 2 today! :p

Me too! I like it so far :D You all should look into Elite Beat Agents. It's amusing xD

Freedom
03-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I like many of the new training modes in Brain Age 2. Can't help feeling some of them are "fillers" which didn't pass muster for Brain Age (1).

Word Blend, ARGGH, I can't get this no matter how long I work at it!

Did you find the 'relaxer' at the bottom yet???

Rachel
03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
\
Word Blend, ARGGH, I can't get this no matter how long I work at it!

Did you find the 'relaxer' at the bottom yet???

Ah, virus buster. Once I got into that, I didn't want to concentrate on the training modes any more. Good thing they MAKE one do at least one training before you can relax.

Clock spin is my nemesis. I hate it. And don't expect me to do the hard versions of anything.

Freedom
03-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Te hee, yes, virus buster. Relax??? No, I get all worried I'm not going to 'get' all of them! And I end up playing it for . . . um, too long!

I just succeeded at having clock spin opened last evening. Oh yuck I know what you mean!

sirrahbed
03-28-2008, 09:39 AM
I tired Barin Age 2 when I was in Texas with my daughter. It told me my brain age was 85 and that was the end of that :p I am 53.

sirrahbed
03-28-2008, 09:39 AM
I tried Brain Age 2 when I was in Texas with my daughter. It told me my brain age was 85 and that was the end of that :p I am 53.

Rachel
03-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Don't fret. I had the brain age in the 80's too when I first started out. I got mine down to to 48 and I'm not taking the test any more since I'm a lot older than that and don't want to risk a higher score.

I don't do well on the word spin one. Even when some of the same words come up that I didn't get previously....I still don't get them. If it weren't for some of the other games I do really well on, I would be depressed. Anybody need change made at record speed?

Freedom
03-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Anybody need change made at record speed?
LOL, ya know, they don't even teach that in some schools anymore? The computer does it all!

I bought a Game Boy Advanced game, as you can also use it on the DS. The Bible. I really enjoy it, but I am stuck on level 2. Just spent some time looking for 'cheats' on line, will see if that helps me out later tonight.

Pheonixflame_25
03-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I like the Avatar game series. You'll probably like them if you watch the show. If not, you'll probably be lost to the storyline!

Zippy
03-29-2008, 06:30 PM
The Phoenix wright games are really fun.You can most likely find them for around 20 each.
Professor Layton and the curious villiage is a fun game also.
As is Trauma center-under the knife and Mario Kart DS.

ramanth
03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I had thought about getting a Ninentdo DS and when some coworkers swore by Brain Age and Flash Focus, it sealed the deal.

I got a $125 in gift cards to Meijers at Christmas and headed over. No DS's. Waited a couple of days, and the pink ones were in. Had my heart set on red. Pinks were gone in a day. Then Jan, Feb, and March went by and no DS's in stock.

I spent the $125 on something else.

This past week? Over 50 DS's in stock. In red too. :eek: :mad:

Kicking myself doesn't begin to cover it. :rolleyes: :o :p

PhoenixFlame, I love Avatar and have the PS2 games. I hear the storyline is slightly different for each platform, so if I ever do get a DS, I'll be picking it up. :D