PDA

View Full Version : www.TheMuttlies.com

Kfamr
03-08-2008, 09:12 PM
A friend of mine purchased a .com for me a couple months ago and I just now got to actually working on it. He asked what I wanted it to be called and of course, The Muttlies were the first to pop into thought.

So here it is... http://www.themuttlies.com/

They now have their own little corner of the internet that needs A LOT of work!

dab_20
03-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Very cool, looks great so far!!

I've always wondered... how does someone get a website? I wanted to make one for my photography.

bckrazy
03-08-2008, 09:52 PM
That is awesome, Kay! How nice of your friend. The Muttlies definitely needed their own website. : D

I love the picture slideshow! When you get around to adding fans, count me in.

chocolatepuppy
03-08-2008, 09:58 PM
How cool! :cool: Will be watching it. ;)

ramanth
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Very cool! My websites need a lot of work too. :o

Karen
03-08-2008, 11:31 PM
dab-20 - first you need to register a domain name - http://godaddy.com is about the cheapest place to do it. Then you need to host it somewhere, and you're ready to go!

Animalhouse26
03-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Yay! Looks good. I Like the picture section how it changes..Very Nice!

BC_MoM
03-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Looks GREAT, Kay! Can't wait to see it when it's all done!

I've always wondered... how does someone get a website? I wanted to make one for my photography.

Simple. Register a domain name with Netrillium.com (they're the cheapest and most reliable) and you can get hosting for $2 a month at FrozenMidnightHosting.com. :)

K9karen
03-09-2008, 12:16 AM
#1 FAN CHECKING IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks great so far, Kay! Now I'll have 2 places to visit every night!!!

dab_20
03-09-2008, 01:14 AM
dab-20 - first you need to register a domain name - http://godaddy.com is about the cheapest place to do it. Then you need to host it somewhere, and you're ready to go!
Thank you, Karen!

vinjashira
03-09-2008, 04:13 AM
nice website Kay - well done! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
03-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Wow! Looks great Kay! Can't wait to see it when it's all done!

M&M's Mommy
03-10-2008, 03:26 PM
It looks great!!!!! The muttlies (and your talent in photography) deserve their own website :)

1 minor thing though... Since the pictures are set to change every 5 seconds, but on my computer it takes more than 5 second to load.. --> I can't see any of them.. The pic will load half way, then blink, and the second one load.. Is there a way you can change that to 10 seconds?

cassiesmom
03-10-2008, 05:01 PM
#1 FAN CHECKING IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks great so far, Kay! Now I'll have 2 places to visit every night!!!
Another fan of the precious Muttlies, checking in! Hello, Muttlies!

Jessika
03-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Simple. Register a domain name with Netrillium.com (they're the cheapest and most reliable) and you can get hosting for $2 a month at FrozenMidnightHosting.com. :)
Ugh I DO NOT recommend Netrillium!!!!!!! Initially the domain may be cheap, but to renew it every year thereafter it costs nearly double. PLUS their customer support is just terrible... I had purchased both a domain and hosting through them years ago and it would take days or even WEEKS for them to reply to tickets, if they ever replied at all!! And if they did reply, it was usually very unhelpful, and by the time they did reply I usually had already figured out or fixed the problem myself. PLUS my server was always down... And I'm not the only one who has these complaints, many many many others do as well, just google 'em and read some reviews.

I recommend yahoo.com for domain purchases, adn for hostin HANDS DOWN I recommend http://surpasshosting.com. They are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, not to mention CHEAP for what you get! They are always fast to reply to tickets and will usually bend over backwards to help you with ANYTHING. I've been with them for three or four years now and will never go with another company. I have a reseller through them, so I can host multiple domains on my account. I host a few domains for friends and family, as well as a PT-er or two so if you're looking for FREE web space, all you need to do is purchase your domain and contact me :)

Kfamr
03-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks everyone who made comments about my website in this thread, I appreciate it. :)

M&M's Mommy, I'll change that for you. :) I might eventually just make it a gallery (where you can click a thumbnail photo to see a larger size.)

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I love it Kay. Your pups always take the best pictures. Please pass out some snuggles from me to all your pups.

Jessika
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks everyone who made comments about my website in this thread, I appreciate it. :)

M&M's Mommy, I'll change that for you. :) I might eventually just make it a gallery (where you can click a thumbnail photo to see a larger size.)
Aw I'm sorry, you know how it is when one person says something, that leads to something, that starts a whole different conversation altogether... :)

I will say it's a great start and having your first domain/website is very exciting, especially learning how to code it and such. Are you using a program to code or doing it "by hand"?

DJFyrewolf36
03-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Awesome! Looks great so far! I'll be checking back for updates often :D