PDA

View Full Version : Spring IS coming!

Freedom
03-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Watching The Weather Channel, I know so many of you are buried in snow just now.

We are getting rain. No, not rain, DOWNPOURS. I will have to get a picture of the back yard, there is a solid 4 inches of water back there now. The winds are howling and flooding is happening all over the area. Roads are closed due to flooding "in all the usual places," as one local anchor put it.

So I ran out this afternoon and snapped these pictures to give you some "hope!" Spring really IS coming!!!

Tulips:
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2008/mar%208%20clean%20trim%20dogs%20and%20spring/IMG_1142.jpg

Daffodils:
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2008/mar%208%20clean%20trim%20dogs%20and%20spring/IMG_1143.jpg

You can see the water droplets on the daffs. I got SOAKED getting these photos for all my PT friends. :D

Sure hope my bulbs don't drown or rot with all this water!

elizabethann
03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow. At least you can see the ground. We're still covered with snow. It's melting, but not fast enough.

Though I have to admit I hope it snows a few more times and we get some significant amount from it. I think we need 10 more inches to break an all time record. That would be kind of cool if we did.

This time last year I was bringing Fenway to the beach because it was so warm. I did bring him about 2 weeks ago cause it was 40 degrees - a heat wave. :) But last year I think I brought him a dozen times.

I can't wait till mud season. I love mud.

Medusa
03-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Spring.....spring.....I vaguely recall.....that's a season, right? W/warm weather and blossoms and robins.....AND NO SNOW?! When exactly does it appear? I was thinking late March but we're almost there and we're buried in white stuff, so maybe I'm wrong or maybe that's when it arrives on planet Earth. I'm thinking I've been transported to another planet during sleep and any minute now the aliens are going to appear and fill me in.

Lori Jordan
03-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I am so jealous in the worst way!You should see the snow we got over the weekend.

Argranade
03-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Wow,

We just had a HUGE snow storm yesterday, snowed for over 8 hours straight!

I can't wait for spring! even still I love the snow :D

Just wait till summer, everyone will wish winter lasted longer lol.