PDA

View Full Version : Saturday and Sunday have been adopted!!!!

momcat
03-08-2008, 04:39 PM
We had intended to keep these little sweeties but it would have caused problems with our landlord's wife who doesn't even like Groucho being here. Earlier this week we were approached by someone in our neighborhood who wanted BOTH of them. After a detailed discussion about their veterinary needs, what we know about their history and the kind of home we want for them, they are going to their furever home!!! There are no other pets with this family right now but this couple loves animals and have wanted to take them for quite some time. We talked for quite a long time about this and we're comfortable with letting them go. They already know a good vet and an appointment will be made early next week. They also know that Saturday and Sunday aren't competely socialized but are willing to take them on and work on that with the vet. Saturday did let this man pick him up then snuggled on his shoulder for a few minutes, he was so gentle with Saturday and spoke softly while gently stroking him. I hope this will work out well for all involved and Saturday & Sunday will be happy. By the way, they're going to be spayed/neutered indoor kitties. I hope and pray we made the right decision for our "little campers".

Medusa
03-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Sounds like it's going to work out for everyone. Good news!

Freedom
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a good match all around!

Congratulations; I have never successfully fostered. :rolleyes:

Catty1
03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Great news! They sound like they will be very gentle with the kitties...and they will be together! :)

momcat
03-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Great news! They sound like they will be very gentle with the kitties...and they will be together! :)
From the day we found them in our yard, Soncat and I tried our best to care for them and keep them safe. We've lost count of how many rescues and shelters we contacted about them but sadly none of the places had any room for them. Soncat and I are strong supporters of spay/neuter and what makes me so mad is if just one owner bothered to do the right thing and spay/neuter, these poor babies would never have had to go through any of this. On perhaps a more selfish note, Soncat and I would never have gone through the worry, frustration and heartbreak of trying to give Saturday and Sunday a fighting chance at the life every kitty deserves. I only hope we didn't let them down.

Laura's Babies
03-08-2008, 11:06 PM
No one wanted them before (rescues and such) because the timming was not right and they needed a special place, when the time was right, it happened!
Congratulations! They are close enough that you can go see them from time to time?

catmandu
03-09-2008, 03:09 PM
ITS A SHAME THAT THE LANDLORDS WIFE CAN CAUSE YOU SO MUCH TROUBLE. IF YOU ARE A GOOD TENANT AND PAY YOUR RENT, THATS ALL THEY SHOULD ASK OF YOU.
GAIVE HER ONE UPSIDE THE HEAD FROM US.
POOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!! :cool: :D :cool: :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
03-09-2008, 11:41 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D It sounds like they found the purrfect loving forever home.:)

rg_girlca
03-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh this is such great news Momcat. :D I know you and Soncat were really worried about these two.
Thank you both for caring for them.

Do you think the people would have a problem if you went to visit them and see how they are adjusting to their new home? This way you could also update us on how they are doing.