PDA

View Full Version : Update Creamsicle From Bellefonte Rescue

Anikaca77
03-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Hi all,

Well some of you may of read my post about the new bellefonte rescue I was trying to help out and well the lady who is fostering him at the moment e-mailed me this morning. This is what she had to say about him.

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for all your help. I'm just emailing to let you know that I've decided if we can't find Creamsicle a home this week, I'll have to put him outside. I can't keep him here when I start chemo. He bites once in awhile and takes a lot of my energy. I can't risk getting bit when he gets cranky. I've put out some feelers too, but if nothing comes back, he'll just be my outdoor kitty. I'll still feed him and stuff, he just won't be inside. Besides, this neighborhood here is his home. It's what he knows. And he's healthy now. But I'll wait another week. His face is almost completely healed.

Shaunna

Creamsicle is 4 years old and he deserves to have a home indoors so if some of you could please please post something about him around to your friends. I'd really like to find him a home.

Creamsicle was fixed at the vets and he was negative for FIV/FELV. Creamsicle has a little bit of frostbitten ears at the tips.

I have already posted on every website I can think of and cross-posted to all my friends asking for help as well going around to local stores and hanging up signs.

I just don't know what else to do, especially since I am still currently fostering Athena which means I have 7 cats in a one bedroom apartment.

Help,
Melissa

Catty1
03-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Have you tried Petfinder?

Contacted the vets in town?

The only other thing I can think of is someone who has a secure warm shed where Creamsicle could live and get food and attention...or that a few volunteers get together and build a homey outdoor enclosure for Shaunna.

Chemo can be really exhausting, I understand, and I appreciate that she knows what might happen - she really is looking out for Creamsicle's best. At least she is not dumping him at the shelter.

Prayers that an answer turns up!

Medusa
03-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Like it or not, some cats are just happier outside, especially if Creamsicle is a biter. If she can put out a shelter for him w/warm bedding, he should be ok. She's got her own health and chemo to consider now and it appears that she's doing the best she can. If no one takes Creamsicle, it won't be as bad as if he was an indoor cat, then put outdoors. As long as he has food, water and shelter, I think he'll do pretty well.

catmandu
03-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Its A Shame That We Are Not Closer As I Think They Would Do Well At The Hotel. If Big Feral Tubster Panther Can Adjust , Then Anyone Can.

Catty1
03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Does she have a porch where she could put a house for Creamsicle? It can be really cheap - a large styrofoam picnic cooler turned upside down with a door cut in one end. A couple of old towels in there for comfort. And a couple of feeding/water bowls.

It could even go near her house where she can see it.

Hugs and prayers that all turns out well.

Anikaca77
03-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I know some cats are happier outside but this guy has been through too much and I hate to see him put outside especially since he could get run over by the cars that never go the speed limit..

I might have one person in mind hopefully but we'll see.

Melissa

Like it or not, some cats are just happier outside, especially if Creamsicle is a biter. If she can put out a shelter for him w/warm bedding, he should be ok. She's got her own health and chemo to consider now and it appears that she's doing the best she can. If no one takes Creamsicle, it won't be as bad as if he was an indoor cat, then put outdoors. As long as he has food, water and shelter, I think he'll do pretty well.

Medusa
03-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I hope it works out for him. Perfect world, all cats would be indoor cats. All of mine are rescues and even now a couple of them look longingly at the outdoors and once in a blue moon, one will try to make a dash for the door. But it's a dangerous world out there for kitty kats sometimes.

Anikaca77
03-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Well I talked with Shaunna today by e-mail and she informed me that PAWS is going to be taking Creamsicle today.

Catty1
03-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Is PAWS a no-kill? Sorry, I don't know a lot about them.

Maybe your other possible adopter will come through.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Anikaca77
03-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Yes Paws is a no-kill shelter. She said he will get his own room after his isolation period. They screen people very well sometimes a little too well but at least we know he will never be put out on the streets again.

Melissa

Is PAWS a no-kill? Sorry, I don't know a lot about them.

Maybe your other possible adopter will come through.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Medusa
03-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Well, we'll keep praying that someone will see Creamsicle and fall in love. As long as we know he's off the streets and safe, better things are ahead for him.