PDA

View Full Version : My mom had a heart attack

Hellow
03-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Well, yesterday at about 7:00 PM i was playing my favorite game, Runescape, when i saw flashing lights outside my window. I walked into my living room to find people coming into the door with a stretcher and my mom bent over in pain. They get her onto the stretcher and take her back to the ambulance. They stay sitting there for like 5 minutes. Then 2 people emerge to say that she is fine but they want to take her to the hospital anyways. Well, we (me and my dad and my moms friend geniene, who was there the entire time) follow the ambulance to my local hospital. Well, come to find out this cheap idiotic hospital up here wont accept cardiac patients for some reason. They told the ambulance driver to go to North East Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville, Georgia which is little over 1 hour away. We get there, park, go in, sit for like 40 min (it was almost 8:30 now) waiting to go visit until we finally do. We stay for almost 30 min until we was all starting to get tired so we had to leave. They was going to keep her overnight just that night (sure they will). Today my dad let me stay out of school cause i was soo tired and both of us think that i have a cold cause i was constantly coughing. Well, the test to determine what caused it showed nothing so they are keeping her overnight again to make some more tests. UGH. The food up at that hospital is cold and half cooked. My mom is in a 2 person room with a old lady next to her. I just hope that she can get out soon :(. TOmmorow they are supposed to release her but there is a huge line of snow heading right for Georgia. Accumilation of the now around my area is going to be 1-2'' and my dads 4 x 4 truck is in no shape to drive all the way to Gainesville. So i guess we will have to go in our car. Pray that we dont have a wreck.

carole
03-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh dear i am so sorry to hear you mother is unwell, hospital's are not fun, but they can be the best place to be to get the much needed care one does,i sincerely hope your mother's condition improves and she will be on the road to a quick recovery, HUGS.

Hellow
03-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks. My mom has been real stressed about this new home decorating business she is starting plus regular stresses of life might have caused it. Im very concerned about her right now because there is a line of snow knockning on my state's door right now and accumilations are supposed to be between 1-2''.

Chilli
03-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Good vibes headed out to Georgia for a quick recovery for your mum.
I'm terribly sorry your family is having to go through this... I know it can be even more stressful when things like this happen, but try to help keep everyones' heads held high.
1-2" isn't terrible to drive in usually, so try not to worry too bad. :) We had 4" today here and it hardly affected the roads at all. Either way, you will all be in my thoughts tomorrow as you make the drive.

((((((HUGS))))))

Laura's Babies
03-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Hope your Mom is alright and that it isn't her heart. I know you are worried as you should be but don't let it make you sick. Just help her when she gets home all you can and make life as easy as you can for her. Give her a BIG hug!

Medusa
03-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Just be sure to take your time while driving. We have nearly 2 ft. of snow here, so 1-2 in. isn't all that bad, although I lived in SC for a year and we got a little bit of snow and everything closed because they just aren't equipped for that kind of weather. We're sending out lots of prayers and healing for your mom......

Freedom
03-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Prayers for you, your mom and your family, coming from RI!

lvpets2002
03-08-2008, 10:21 AM
:( Oh I am so sorry for your mom being ill.. Hope she gets well soon.. Lots of Prayers & Huggss being sent..

Grace
03-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Lots of prayers for your mom and the rest of you.

CountryWolf07
03-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Hope your mom gets better.

Catty1
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey, Reggie - as your mom gets her decorating business going, is there any computer design stuff you can help her with? Even printing out inexpensive business cards. :) That would help a lot.

moosmom
03-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Reggie,

Send thought and prayers to your family from Connecticut. We're here for ya, kid. ;)

ramanth
03-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Hope your mom gets well soon.

elizabethann
03-08-2008, 08:39 PM
I hope your Mom is doing okay.

Hellow
03-09-2008, 11:29 AM
THanks everryone for all the prayers and thoughts, they mean alot to me. She came home yesterday but the doctor told her to have limited activity during the day for 3 or 4 days.

Hey, Reggie - as your mom gets her decorating business going, is there any computer design stuff you can help her with? Even printing out inexpensive business cards. :) That would help a lot.

Yes, i am in charge of everything to do with computers until she gets her laptop. Then i will be in charge of keeping windows from dying on her. I will have to setup the network between her laptop and the internet which will come into my already wired network between my laptop and desktop and the internet.