PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #255- Dedicated to Mario!!!!

RICHARD
03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Ugh, it's almost time for that time honored tradition, Daylight Savings Time!

It's that wacky American tradition where we move the clock in 48 states- I think that Hawaii and New Mexico are the only ones that do not have to worry about this.....I am too lazy to find a link.. ;)

It's a time honored tradition and a good reason to show up late for any thing you may have planned for Sunday morning-the time change happens at 0200 hours (2 a.m.) on Sunday morning.... :confused:

-------

I don't care, as long as my newspaper is in the driveway and sports are on the tube....

We haven't had a good Bloody Mary as the drink of the day in a while..
and believe it or not..

I WANT QUICHE!

Spinach quiche......and some Eggs benedict.

ANyone?

Karen
03-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Spinach quiche sounds good - I'll take some!

RICHARD
03-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Spinach quiche sounds good - I'll take some!
And a large chai tea?

DONE!

Randi
03-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Daylight saving time? You're a bit early, aren't you? No, you're right, it's the second week in March over there. Here, we wait until the last week in March - but I'm looking forward to it, although I sleep an hour less.

There's even a history about this event! http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/e.html

A quiche? Oh yes, please! I haven't had one of those in years! - What can you suggest I drink with that?

I'll go and put some music on, played by a man who is 62 today.... :)

RICHARD
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
I'll go and put some music on, played by a man who is 62 today.... :)

Thanks for the link-One spinach quiche?
DONE!

Oh,
I have been on a bread and cheese diet lately!
Dig in!

Here are a handful of coins for the juke box!

cassiesmom
03-06-2008, 03:30 PM
(Elyse cues up a Dame Kiri te Kanawa CD for playing after Randi's music ends... I heard on the radio this morning that it's her birthday too)

Spring ahead? Okay, great! I'd like to spring ahead to mid-May, please. I'm tired of gloves, scarves, boots, and even socks. Is it sandal weather yet? Oh, wait, it's only 30 degrees outside. I'll take coffee, please. Decaf.

slick
03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
You have no idea how much I've been waiting for Spring. This winter has been quite depressing for me....don't know why.

Yes, one very large BM for me please, and don't forget my tomato and prawn skewer, please.;) Richard, make it like you did at Gini's...with horseradish. Yummy!!!

The quiche smells divine and I've not had lunch yet. I'd love a big piece of that with a sprinkle of Tobasco. Mmmmmm good!
I thought real men didn't eat quiche???:p :confused:

**waves**
Hi everyone. W-U-R-K is going well for a change but very busy. Will try and check back later.

Randi
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Yuhuu!! I'm still here - and so is Fister! :cool:

That quiche was yummy... now, can you give me something to knock me out? It's 23.30 and I'm not sleepy at all. Should've got up earlier this morning!

cassiesmom, I hope it's some sleepytime music you put on! ;)

Hi Slick... wawes! :) It's good to hear things are better at work.

Oh, this is not good... now I'm getting hungry!!

RICHARD
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
(Elyse cues up a Dame Kiri te Kanawa CD for playing after Randi's music ends... I heard on the radio this morning that it's her birthday too)

Spring ahead? Okay, great! I'd like to spring ahead to mid-May, please. I'm tired of gloves, scarves, boots, and even socks. Is it sandal weather yet? Oh, wait, it's only 30 degrees outside. I'll take coffee, please. Decaf.

I was thinking about her yesterday...what a voice!

Decaf coffee! DONE!

LOLOLOL, Slick, I don't care too much for horse racing but I was watching the races from Bay Meadows -one of the horses is named Comet Slick..I laughed and had to watch...They are at the gate....

One BM, horsey, shrimpy and tomato-ey! Quiche and Tabasco.

OH OH, Comet Slick almost fell at the start....4th place.....Oh well.... ;)

Randi, Sit here at the bar and I'll tell you stories....THAT will make you pass out!
DONE?

trayi52
03-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I have bad news about Mario. We found him dead, It is so sad, he looked like a little human. It was so sad, I just can't stop crying. I know that all of you will miss him here.

Willie :(

slick
03-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Oh my God Willie.....I'm so very sorry. LES :( :(

{{{hugs}}}

RedHedd
03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh No! Tray, I'm SO sorry for your loss. How old was Mario? I know his memory will live on here @ Thursdays for a long time. He was a very special member of our nutty group.

lizbud
03-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I responded in the other thread in General but, I want to say again how
sorry I was to hear this bad news. I hope his passing was peaceful. :(

I think Mario deserves to have a portrait hanging in a place of honor
here at Thursdays. he will be greatly missed by all of us.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh, No!!! Willie, my heart is breaking right along with yours. :( :( :(

RICHARD
03-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Triple LES....

Tray,

I am so sorry. :(

Catty1
03-06-2008, 11:28 PM
I apologize for crashing the party dear Thursday people...I will just be here the once, posting a bit of a tribute to Mario. Thank you for your tolerance.

Here is Mario - in a picture worthy of being framed and hung at Thursdays, and with a grandson named Dakota. Mario saved Dakota from falling out of the chair! ;) A beloved hero...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/IMG_2061.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/Mario/IMG_0990.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/Mario/IMG_0991.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/Mario/IMG_0996.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/Mario/IMG_1002.jpg

Mario and apples.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/Mario/IMG_0755.jpg

And it wouldn't be Mario without the blueberries.

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/Mario/IMG_0633.jpg

RICHARD
03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
I apologize for crashing the party dear Thursday people...I will just be here the once, posting a bit of a tribute to Mario. Thank you for your tolerance.

Thank you for posting those.

You are always welcome here-there are no rules to be part of Thursdays.

DJFyrewolf36
03-07-2008, 12:17 AM
A toast to dear Mario, you will be missed but never forgotten.

Randi
03-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Trayi, I'm sorry you have lost Mario - what a shock! :( I have not seen many pictures of him before, but he looks such a sweet boy, and how cute that he is holding Dakota's arm.

I hope it will be a comfort that he went quick and didn't suffer a long illness.

May he rest in Peace!

(((hugs)))

dukedogsmom
03-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Just stopping by to say goodbye to Mario. He made for a lot of fun here. Have fun at the RB, sweet boy.

moosmom
03-07-2008, 08:04 AM
I think we should dedicate this week's Thursday to our buddy Mario.

Here's to you Mario *raises glass* Thursdays will never be the same without you.

trayi52
03-07-2008, 08:09 AM
What are we going to do without Mario being here? It just won't be the same. He was always here to lend a helping hand, and of course, he sure did love those cherries, and popcorn. Our Mascot is gone.. God I'm going to miss him.

smokey the elder
03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm so sorry about Mario. He helped me learn about monkeys, and sounded like a lot of fun!

pitc9
03-07-2008, 10:54 AM
I just wanted to stop by the Thursday thread to check out Mario's pictures.

He was a wonderful part of Pet Talk and will be missed like crazy.
:(

momoffuzzyfaces
03-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I was hoping I would come here today and find I had a horrible nightmare but, sadly, it's a real nightmare. :(

The picture of Mario with the blueberries is the pic I always keep of him in my head. He will be so missed.

For some reason, I have a feeling the Rainbow Bridge is being turned upside down right about now. Mario, Sophie bunnie, Boots da kat, Bowser, Stewie, Leroy ... so many of our precious pets are there ; mercy me what a party must be going on over there!

Holidays won't be quite as festive here without Mario's decorating touch. No one can decorate a ceiling fan like Mario.

slick
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh yes Momo, I remember so well seeing Mario swinging from the rafters. As a fashion statement, he even wore some of the "unmentionables" that were thrown up there!!! :D Dear sweet Mario, I hesitate to say that Thursdays may still hold laughter, but it just won't be the same without you here.

I know he will be here in spirit though. Some dim evening when we are all sitting around enjoying our onion rings and beverages, that ceiling fan will move...seemingly all on its own. Or maybe we will hear strange noises coming from the L & F...wait a minute...we already hear strange noises, especially when Richard is locked in there.

Point is, Mario will make his presence known in a very subtle way. Here's to Mario! None of us actually "met" you but we all "know" you and love you.

**raises glass**
Cheers Mario!!!!!

Now, let's send some strong healing vibes to Willie and the family. We all know the hurt of losing a pet. Perhaps our prayers will help ease the pain for all of them.

catland
03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
A cyber-candle is lit for you Willie, for your loss of Mario.

Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing Mario with us. He will always be part of the spirit that is Thursdays. (les)

RICHARD
03-07-2008, 05:32 PM
For Fits and Shiggles I threw my car keys on the roof... ;)

Mario,
Man?
Myth?
Monkey?

Cinder & Smoke
03-07-2008, 08:17 PM
What are we going to do without Mario being here?
He was always here to lend a helping hand, and of course,
he sure did love those cherries, and popcorn.

Our Mascot is gone ... God I'm going to miss him.

Don't despair - Mario isn't *gone* ...

As long as we keep an open jar of Pitted Cherries, some Olives, and a bowl of
Warm Popcorn on the end of the Bar ...

Dear Ole Mario will be happie as a Klam to drop in to *munch* whilst he works on
*polishing* his lil Halo.

May ALL your days at the Bridge be Happy Ones, Dear Mario.
;)

Karen
03-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Poor Lady is still looking for Mario! Come here, girl, Mario has gone to be with your friend Pippin, okay? Go snuggle up to Willie, okay, girl? I'm sure she could use some furry love right now.

trayi52
03-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the hugs Lady, I know Mario just thought the world of you. I'll take those hugs and kisses.

gini
03-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, I had a dream last night. It was about the Rainbow Bridge. Apparently there is a new bar there that just opened.

It is called "Mario's Monday" - he never could figure out why we waited until Thursday to open the bar.

There is a long, long line to get in - the word has spread like a wildfire that it is the place to be. Mario has filled the place with huge comfy dog beds and blankets. There are large wonderful cat trees - enough for everyone. Everyone is welcome - all of our beloved pets we have seen cross the bridge are there - everyone is having so much fun.

There is a dog bisquit bar - the catnip corner - the timothy hay corral - and something is hanging from the rafters - what is it?

Oh Mario has discovered Angel Hair - yes angel hair pasta and it is hanging everywhere with the lights playing on the strands - making the place look like a magical wonderland. Only our Mario could make that happen.
We salute you Mario. It is only fitting that you have your own bar now - you took such good care of ours.

Mario? Are you trying to fling some of that pasta down on us?????? Oh, you were trying to hit Willie - so she knows that you are alright and miss and love her too.

You will never be forgotten Mario.

Cincy'sMom
03-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I haven't stopped by Thursday's in a while, but wanted to make sure to be here for a toast to Mario. You sure were a great part of PT and you will be missed. Congrats on your new bar at the Bridge, I know it will be a hug success and one day we will all stop in for a drink with you!

Willie, lots of hugs coming your way.

RICHARD
03-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I watched A Night at the Museum and got a little misty eyed.

I'll never look at a jar of cherries the same again. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
03-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I watched A Night at the Museum and got a little misty eyed.

I'll never look at a jar of cherries the same again. :(
I got the dvd of A Night At the Museum mainly because the monkey in it reminded me of our Mario. It will be a while before I can watch it again.

Gini, do you know that Mario's Monday has a peek hole to earth? My Leroy popped by late this morning in my dreams and told me they all gather around it and keep an eye on us. It's sort of like a one way window. So we best behave ourselves. ;)

I made a blueberry smoothie this morning to toast Mario with. Some of the blueberries disappeared. I know the cats didn't take them. I wonder who did? ;)

lbaker
03-10-2008, 07:11 AM
*sniff* mixed with a sly smile remembering ~ so many things and places and times. Some private (Slick, with you and Mario at the hotel in Seattle ;) ) and the BBQ at Gini's - thank you Gini for taking care of him and helping him home. Oh dear, I am supposed to work today. Where are my keys to the desk? MARIO, you imp. God Bless you and yours Willie.

L.
Laurie

RICHARD
03-10-2008, 02:48 PM
*sniff* mixed with a sly smile remembering ~ so many things and places and times. Some private (Slick, with you and Mario at the hotel in Seattle ;) )

DO not mar my memories of the little guy. :D

RICHARD
03-10-2008, 03:00 PM
*sniff* mixed with a sly smile remembering ~ so many things and places and times. Some private (Slick, with you and Mario at the hotel in Seattle ;) )

DO not mar my memories of the little guy. :D

slick
03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh my, Laurie and I did have "phun" with Mario in the Seattle hotel.....http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Momo, that sounds wonderful. Could I please have a blueberry smoothie???

RIP Mario. You may not be on this earth physically, but I can feel your presence everywhere.

RICHARD
03-11-2008, 02:22 PM
One BB smoothie?

DONE!

------------

I need all you all to be prepared for this next Thursday, I have something special planned.

Tennis shoes, sneakers, sweats or shorts.

It's a kind of field trip/project. ;)

Lady's Human
03-11-2008, 03:58 PM
RIP Mario, play hard at the bridge.......and don't be to hard on the blonde fuzzy cat.

Field trip? We bringin the seement mixer for the slushies>

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I need all you all to be prepared for this next Thursday, I have something special planned.

Tennis shoes, sneakers, sweats or shorts.

It's a kind of field trip/project. ;)
Aw, ya mean we have to get dressed up???? ;)

(Actually, I about live in my sweats! So no problem there) :D

slick
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Tennis shoes???? Shorts????
Sorry Richard, I don't do sports....unless it's the art of "arm bending"....:p
Then again, I do like to see those husky football players bend over...:eek: HIKE!!!

Maybe he's going feed us some of Mary Ann's pot, then drop us off in the middle of a "field" and make us "trip" our way home????:p :D

Oh bartender, may I please have an ice cold beer in a frosty glass??? Thanks.

RICHARD
03-11-2008, 07:55 PM
RIP Mario, play hard at the bridge.......and don't be to hard on the blonde fuzzy cat.

Field trip? We bringin the seement mixer for the slushies>

It's not so far afield! ;)

And the seement mixer would be welcome. :D

--------------

Actually it's not really sports....

A frosty beer? DONE!

Here's a hint.

FUN!