PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of dogs to be poisoned in India...

moosmom
03-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Although there have only been 2 dog bites in a long time, the residents of India are planning on poisoning MANY dogs as they consider them a nuisance.

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/world/asia/2008/03/06/Kashmir.Killing.Dogs/

The poisoning is very cruel and inhumane. Animal rights groups all over the world are trying to file court documents to have it stopped.

This truly makes me sick.

pitc9
03-06-2008, 01:39 PM
It's so sad that all they think about is "What is the easiest way."

I pray that they find another way to go about the problem of strays, but if they are not stopped... I pray that the suffering that the dogs go through is as quick as possible. :(

I know it's another country and they view dogs as "just dogs" and not like us here in the US and other countries where they are not only a part of our family, but they are also a part of us.

Hellow
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I dont understand why everyone in the world does not view dogs as family and recognize pets as living things :(. I wish that the people filing court documents will get this stopped before it happens.

moosmom
03-06-2008, 02:31 PM
AMEN TO THAT, Reggie!!!!

caseysmom
03-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I dont understand why everyone in the world does not view dogs as family and recognize pets as living things :(. I wish that the people filing court documents will get this stopped before it happens.

Because many of these people cannot feed themselves, one must meet the basic needs before thinking of owning pets.

cyber-sibes
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
That's very sad. About 30 years ago while driving onto the freeway, I looked down & saw at least a dozen dogs lying in the snow next to the on-ramp loop in Cleveland OH. I freaked out, my husband said "Oh, they're just sleeping", but the news reported that the city was poisoning packs of stray dogs because they were considered a menace by local residents... so this kind of thing doesn't just happen mile away. :(

Karen
03-07-2008, 01:47 PM
From CNN.com:

SRINAGAR, Indian-Administered Kashmir (AP) -- Authorities in Indian-Administered Kashmir's main city have canceled plans to poison nearly 100,000 stray dogs as part of an anti-rabies program, an official said Friday after protests from animal rights groups.

moosmom
03-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Karen,

That is good news!

Hellow
03-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Because many of these people cannot feed themselves, one must meet the basic needs before thinking of owning pets.

Well, as most of you say on here, if you cant even afford to feed yourself you surely should not have a pet.

That is very good news Karen!!

Lori Jordan
03-08-2008, 08:24 AM
That is really sad,that they have to go like that.The poor things already have it hard and it has to end like that.

They have a different way of thinking then we do.

IRescue452
03-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Reality check: Our government poisons hundreds of thousands of native wild animals and stray pets every year as well. Its supposed to be to control coyotes and wolves, but tons of other species die from the poison too. And what's worse, there's no map of where they put the poison. One minute you're camping with your dog in a wooded area, the next he's eating poisoned meat placed there to control wild populations of a species that I'd still consider threatened.

What else do you expect them to do anyway? With such a massive stray problem and nowhere near the resources we have to take care of it. This is nothing like anybody here can even imagine in real life. Should they build a giant fence and herd them into it? And then what?