PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea how I did this....

catnapper
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
but I somehow sprained my left shoulder! :rolleyes:

Its been bothering me for a few weeks, but yesterday I went to lift a heavy mirror at work and was in sudden pain. I called the doctor and got an appointment for this morning, where I was SURE he was just going to tell me that I pulled a muscle and to take Advil and take it easy. Oh no, it can't be that easy.... I did a nice little number to my shoulder and he gave me a steroid injection while in the office. He pulled out a 6" long needle :eek: and asked me to remove my top..... all I could think was how glad I was to be wearing a new bra! :p

In the meantime, after he needled my shoulder and yanked my arm around for 20 minutes, my shoulder hurts worse than it did before the appointment and I plan on taking some of the painkillers he gave me and go to bed!

How do I get myself into these things? :rolleyes: I honestly have no idea how I managed to sprain my shoulder. Like I said, its been sore for a couple weeks, but the mirror just put me over the top. Chances are, I did it at work moving sofas and such around. My boss said to file an incident report and make a worker's comp claim. I won't because I'm the stupid idiot who tried to move a million pound mirror by herself (ok, so it wasn't exactly a million pounds, but it sure felt like it in retrospect! :p)

Karen
03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
File the Workman's Comp claim - that is what it is there for. And because you likely injured the shoulder by moving a sofa at work originally, there is nothing false about it. Your employer has to pay Workman's Comp insurance, so you might as well use it.

moosmom
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Nice going, Ace!!!

Catlady711
03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Yes as Karen said DO file the incident report and file for workers comp. You never know what kind of reprocussions (sp?) this injury could have even years down the road. You wouldn't want to be stuck being unable to work, or having to pay later for something that happened now.

BTW I can sort of empathize with you, today I went to get a carrier out of the basement, and in the process disloacated my ribs. Most excruciating pain I've ever had.

Medusa
03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Sometimes the simplest of movements can cause the worst pain and/or damage. A friend of mine bumped her laptop and lunged to get it before it fell of her desk and, in the process, tore her rotator cuff. It didn't hurt at the time but she's had 3 unsuccessful surgeries since then. File for workmen's comp and be careful. :)

catnapper
03-08-2008, 06:44 AM
My shoulder is feeling fantastic lately. Not sure if its the pain killers or the shot he gave me (or both) I'm not going to be stupid and push myself to do things just because its feeling good again.

As for filing a workers comp claim, I'd be stupid to do so. My contract and the employee handbook clearly states I'm not allowed to move furniture. I'm supposed to wait for the delivery guys to do that. When I want it done I'll do it myself because the guys don't want to do anything outside whats on their paperwork. I technically could get written up and reprimanded if I filed a worker's comp claim for something I'm outright told I'm not allowed to do. Darn women's movement! Making me think I'm superwoman who can move furniture with sheer will power! :p

jackie
03-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Ouch ouch ouch.

Just take it easy and make sure you don't put any strain on it.