PDA

View Full Version : Meet Athena from Bellefonte Rescue

Anikaca77
03-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi All,

Yesterday when I got home from work Athena (female already vet checked) decided it was time for her to leave the bathroom and wondered out into the living room and surprisingly our cats didn't seem to mind. But I put her back in and last night she escaped again when I tried to go into the bathroom and she has been out all night. My husband tried to put her back in the bathroom when he went to bed but all she did was cry so we left her out and she's been out since. It's harder I think letting her mingle with our other cats and knowing we need to get her adopted out.

She's been so good since we left her out, she doesn't hiss or anything at the other cats and all of my guys seem pretty good except for 2 of them. Here is a link to my bellefonte post incase you didn't read it.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=139728&page=1&pp=15

Laura's Babies
03-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Awe! She has such a cute face! Look at that face! I reckon she was just tired of being alone and knew she couldn't win your heart if she was shut in a bathroom. It is amazing that none of yours care that she is loose now and there was no hissing.

momcat
03-05-2008, 07:48 AM
What a cutie!!! It's great that all your furkids get along so nicely. Could it be that Athena wanted to move out of the bathroom and into your heart?

Freedom
03-05-2008, 07:49 AM
It's harder I think letting her mingle with our other cats and knowing we need to get her adopted out.
I guess maybe that is what I do wrong when I foster. I always get the foster melded into the family routine as soon as possible.

She is so pretty! Glad you don't have any squabbles.

moosmom
03-05-2008, 08:36 AM
WOOHOO!!!!! Free at last!!!
She's a beauty!

catmandu
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
I HAVE A FEELING THAT MOST CATS CAN SENSE WHEN ANOTHER CAT IS NOT A THREAT AND LIKE THE FOUND CATS, YOUR CATS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO ALLOW ANOTHER CAT TO SHARE THIER HOTEL.
THERES ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE IN OUR HOMES!!!
:) :rolleyes: :cool: :D ;) :p :cool:

Don Juan's mom
03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
What a beautiful tabby! My brother Jim and his family lived many years with a tabby medium-hair Athena, whom he'd rescued from a fraternity house. :eek:

Liz