PDA

View Full Version : www.kariarcher.com

finn's mom
03-04-2008, 11:51 PM
That's my site, so if you get a minute and want to see how I see the world, please check it out. It's pretty simple right now and I have many more ideas on how I want it to look, but at least it's up! Let me know what you think, either by emailing me (my address is on the site) or publicly or privately messaging me in here. :)

It's a photography site, by the way. :) I am hoping to get into children's and family photography as well and will be updating my portfolio and the site as that progresses.

Thanks for checking my stuff out, I appreciate any and all feedback!

Laura's Babies
03-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Did you take those pictures yourself? They are wonderful pohot's!

finn's mom
03-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Did you take those pictures yourself? They are wonderful pohot's!

Thank you! :) Yeah, they're all mine. I have more, but I just need to get them up there. I'm just using Photoshop's web gallery creator, so it's extremely basic and limited, but it looks nice enough, for now. :) Thanks for checking it out and commenting on it. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Awesome site. I think my favorite by far was the picture of the zebra in Fauna. The colors and contrast are amazing.

Nice job! :)

Husky_mom
03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
photos are great!!... do I peek a husky pup??.... YES I DID!! :D

just a few input on the site itself... at first I thought I should click the door to enter... but no.... so I was wondering what do I do?? where do I click??

later I barely saw the greenish words so I clicked on them and voíla!!... perhaps itīs my monitor.... but in case it isnīt maybe make them come contrasting so they are easier to see ans click....

also the email is rather small and "blending" into the background, but again, it may be just a thing of contrast among text and background...

Freedom
03-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh pooh, I can't see it from my lap top screen! It is too large, but no scroll bars appear for me to get down to the clickable stuff. I'll have to wait and check it out on the desktop; that is a standard size screen. This one is just 17 inches. With the tool bar and then a two inch line of ads on your site, I can't access it.

pitc9
03-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Ah Drat! :mad:

I'm on a computer at work that doesn't have Flash player so I can't see your site. :(

I'll have to check it out again when I'm at another computer.

finn's mom
03-06-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm so sorry, guys. :/ It's a free site right now, so there are ads at the top! :/ I am still working on getting a better site up and running, so one day, those ads won't be there. I hadn't heard that about the email being hard to read, though, I'll look into that. I'm sorry it requires flash, I'm not even sure if my computer has flash on it right now, we just did a huge overhaul on it. :) I did originally have the door as a clickable option, but several people told me that they didn't know they were supposed to click on the door, hahaha. Can't please everyone I guess, but I'll sure keep trying. ;)

The zebra is a favorite of many. :) Thank you!

pitc9
03-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Woo Hoo!
I was able to look at them today!
All the pictures are beautiful!!

I love the Zebra also... wow... it's amazing how everything can turn to art with the correct person behind the camera!

Great Job!!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Incredible, I could look at them all day - in fact I think I will!

Gracefulsarah
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Is the site just to show your work? It doesn't say anything about what state you live in if someone wanted to contact you to take pictures. I also think that you need to have a link on the page that says "back to home" or something like that. It took me a while to figure out that I had to hit the back button on my browser.

That being said, they are lovely pictures. :) You're very talented.

finn's mom
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, the site is just to show my photos for now. The email is there for anyone who wants to contact me, and, again I'm using Photoshop to display the images, so my options are limited as to what I can do. I don't know that I have a way to show my geographical location.

I would love to have a link offering a "go home" option. I'd also like for people to be able to go to each gallery without even having to go back home. But, for now, that's what I have available. :)

Thank you so very much for looking at the site, simple as it is, and for the awesome compliments. :) I am excited about developing it further! :)

finn's mom
03-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Just giving this a little selfish bump. :)