PDA

View Full Version : Its that time again (RIP Dad)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-04-2008, 09:54 AM
This Thursday will mark 3 years since my Dad passed away :(

but instead of seeing it as the day he died I am going to try to view it as the day he was finally free from the clutches of Parkinsons.....

This is for you Dad - I love and miss you always
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eivZd4j5MBs

Moesha
03-04-2008, 04:35 PM
That is a very good way to view the situation. I'm going to remember that and use it. I hope tomorrow is a happier one for you.

Scooter's Mom
03-04-2008, 04:43 PM
That's a positive way to view it.
I'm sorry I did not post a message earlier - I've been up and down with my flu bug and didn't see this post.

I am sorry about your loss. Even after several years, it really doesn't ever get "easier" just "different" I think.

Alysser
03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm so sorry. :( (((hugs))) I would have posted earlier if I would have been home.

Chilli
03-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm so happy to hear you are looking on the bright side of things. I know how hard that can be, and I wish you all the best. You will be in my thoughts.
The 10th will be the first anniversary of my father's passing.
I, too, will be trying my best to look on the bright side.
Huge (((((((hugs))))))) and good vibes headed your way. :)

caseysmom
03-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I am really sorry I thought this was a thread about taxes, I forgot your from the UK.

Big hugs to you on this sad anniversary.

Karen
03-04-2008, 06:02 PM
A nice way to remember him, and much better than just being sad. Parkinson's disease is awful, we lost my Aunt to it in December.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-05-2008, 12:48 AM
What a perfect way to tell your dad you loe him!! John Denver's music was your dad's favorite :) I am sure it brought a big happy smile on his face :) :) !

Pawsitive Thinking
03-05-2008, 04:55 AM
Thank you all for taking the time to post - it is a comfort to me at my least favourite time of the year

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-05-2008, 04:58 AM
You're welcome, Denise!! This day brings back lots of memories, it is normal. Think about all the good things you remember from your beloved dad!! :)

kittycats_delight
03-05-2008, 05:13 AM
Just seeing this now. I have never lost a parent so I can't imagine the pain. My husband has when he was 16 and it drove him into a severe depression. Only after 7 years could he recall his mom and remember the good things.

I am glad you can look at it as him gaining his freedom from that dreadful disease. I am sure you have a guardian angel looking over you with a huge smile and thinking what a wonderful girl he has. :)

(((((HUGS)))))
Michelle

Pawsitive Thinking
03-05-2008, 06:12 AM
You're welcome, Denise!! This day brings back lots of memories, it is normal. Think about all the good things you remember from your beloved dad!! :)

Thank you dear Lutje - and thanks for the chat on msn, really helped to cheer me up :)

AbbyMom
03-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Brody's Mom--I cannot say that I understand exactly how you feel as I've not lost a parent. But I can tell you loved him very much and miss him every day. So, I'm glad that you can think of him as being free from the pain of disease. Remember him for why you loved him. He must have been a special person and a wonderful father.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Thank you dear Lutje - and thanks for the chat on msn, really helped to cheer me up :)

That's what friends are for !!

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20922_big_hugs.gif

Ginger's Mom
03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope that you will have only pleasant memories that make you smile. {{{hugs}}}

pitc9
03-05-2008, 04:04 PM
{{{HUGS}}} to you!!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks again everyone. Don't feel like I've been run over by a truck this year, more like a small family saloon :D

On my way to take flowers to the crematorium Chris Rea's "Road to Hell" came on the radio!! I had to giggle....Dad would have found it funny too ;)