PDA

View Full Version : What about some COMMON SENSE????

Freedom
03-04-2008, 07:56 AM
This article is in today's newspaper, here.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/SEX_OFFENDERS_03-04-08_OR8KUUH_v10.349dbc1.html

Basically, a local building has 2 tenants. At one end, is a HIGH RISK sex offenders program.

At the other end, is a day care center for preschoolers.

Hel-LO???? :eek:

The preschoolers are under guard, have an expensive security system, key card door entry, cameras, fenced in play ground.

Do preschoolers really NEED this early introduction to life under prison like settings? :(

Do high risk sex offenders really need temptation staring them in the face?

I am stunned (which often happens when I read the news, sad to say.) :rolleyes: :mad:

smokey the elder
03-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Say WHAT?! :eek:

Laura's Babies
03-04-2008, 01:10 PM
I thought sex offenders couldn't be in the area of schools... and day care is like a school! That is something that needs to be FIXED!

IRescue452
03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
That's strange. They must have very relaxed rules. Especially with high-risk offenders. I know some low risk offenders, 18-20 year olds having sex with 17 year old girlfriends, and even though they aren't sexual predators, they still can't go near schools. The entire sex offender system lacks common sense.

Catlady711
03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
I know some low risk offenders, 18-20 year olds having sex with 17 year old girlfriends, and even though they aren't sexual predators, they still can't go near schools. The entire sex offender system lacks common sense.

That is exactly part of the problem with the 'sex offender' lists.

An 18 year old sleeping with his 17 or 16 yr old girlfriend with angry parents gets lumped into the same catagory with the worst you can imagine.

Mention 'sex offender' and people immediately think of either a creepy preverted old man, or a person preying on little kids. Very rare does anyone think of the 18 year old who made the mistake of letting his hormones get the best of him with his underage but CONSETUAL girlfriend.