PDA

View Full Version : Marine throws puppy off cliff :( :(

Pam
03-04-2008, 06:25 AM
I just saw this on Good Morning America and I feel absolutely nauseous right now. Thank God they didn't show the actual footage. Rest in peace little puppy. Your story made me cry.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334709,00.html

I hope they find these creeps and lock them up and throw away the key! :mad: :mad:

Kfamr
03-04-2008, 06:58 AM
I was just about to post this. :( A friend of mine sent me a link.

Oh how I'd like to send this bastard hurling through the air off a cliff. :mad:

elizabethann
03-04-2008, 07:35 AM
I saw it on GMA too and it broke my heart - both for the puppy and for the Marine's who were involved. The Marine's who were involved need to be punished.

I heard that the US Government was trying to authenticate the video - make sure it was real. I pray to God it is a hoax.

To think that several US Marine's did this - like I said - it breaks my heart.

I don't think GMA ever said the puppy lived or died. I have visions that it landed in a soft spot and found a good home. But if it died, I hope it died on impact and didn't feel anything. RIP sweet thing. You are in a better place.

Just so sad.

:(

lizbud
03-04-2008, 08:40 AM
What a sick SOB. :mad: I hope Karma catches up with him real quick.

:( :( :(

pitc9
03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
OMG... :mad:

I wish the Marine would have tripped, dropped the puppy then fallen off the cliff.

Rest Easy young pup, I'm so sorry your life ended in such tragedy in the hands of an evil person.

mina'smomma
03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
What a good way to DIShonor your service!!! That poor puppy suffering at the hands of such an idiot. I hope they catch him and throw him off the cliff. :mad: I would like to know what makes ppl think they can treat animals this way. :confused:

lizbud
03-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I wish I had never viewed the film clip. The puppy's yelps are still
sounding in my head. :( I hope the Marines take this seriously.

buttercup132
03-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Alot of people are saying this video is fake or the puppy was already dead (which it obviously wasn't unless the yelps were edited in).

I was watching it and my little 8 yr old sister walked by and saw it, try explaining to a 8 yr old why people are so mean and stupid to do such a thing. She was in tears for a long time.

I really hope it's not real.
I hate marines who do stuff the stray dogs there.

Chilli
03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Disgusting. :(

I'm not going to watch the video... I think I have pictured as much as I ever want to see after just reading the article.

I hope that karma turns around and does its job to the man(or men) responsible for this.
Goes to show that those men didn't have enough work to do...

RICHARD
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Neuter the AH. With a rusty butter knife.

Catty1
03-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Make that TWO rusty butter knives, Richard.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=39099&cat=14

Marine Investigated for Throwing Puppy off Iraq Cliff

Atlanta, GA 3/04/2008 04:58 PM GMT (FINDITT)

Two United States Marines are under investigation for allegedly throwing a puppy off of a cliff in Iraq. A video of the incident was taken and shows two smiling Marines dressed in their combat uniforms standing at the edge of a cliff before throwing a black and white dog off into the ravine.

A Marine spokesman says the video is “shocking and deplorable” it is not the “high standard we expect from every Marine.”

The video shows the Marines standing on a cliff and one is holding the small puppy by the scruff of his neck. “Cute little puppy, huh?” he is heard saying.

The other responds in a child-like voice, “Oh so cute, so cute little puppy.”

The Marine then throws the puppy off the cliff. The dog is heard yelping until he hits the bottom of the rocky ravine.

The men are believed to be based in Hawaii.

cmayer31
03-04-2008, 11:13 PM
That is just disgusting :( . I hope that they get the full extent of the book thrown at them.

finn's mom
03-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Just as breeding doesn't automatically make you a good parent, putting on a uniform doesn't make you a good Marine. I hope these men are at the very least dishonorably discharged from the Corps.

shepgirl
03-05-2008, 09:55 AM
I clicked on the link to watch it and was so sorry that I did.....it looked as though they were going to take the pup with them and adopt it. When I saw the guy throw it in the air and heard the yelps I had to dash to the bathroom and throw up. That was unbelievable, makes you wonder if they would hesitate to shoot any human after seeing this.

Argranade
03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I seen the video on youtube,

Heart Breaking that someone could be so crewl!

ramanth
03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm just stunned and angry beyond words... :( :mad:

luckies4me
03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
WTH is wrong with that man?!!! :mad: he's lucky he's not anywhere near me, or I'd throw him off a cliff!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqvFNaWHdz0

Here is a youtube video. Not only do they show what happened to the pup, but they also show marines who drive by a flock of sheep and shoot at them, as well as them torturing what looks like an injured/rabid dog. :(

The pup was not dead. You can see him hit the dirt too. :( God, this is just horrible. :( I really hope that guy gets what he deserves.

CountryWolf07
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Forgive me but..
*(*(#$)(*#&$()#@&$()#*$&@#)($*&#$. is all I have to say.

BC_MoM
03-05-2008, 04:36 PM
That is so ****ing sick. I hope he rots in H***.

Jessika
03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
HJ saw this video last night on ebaumsworld.com and as predicted it got very negative responses... most were just simply appalled and disgusted by his behavior. Someone replied statin that they knew the guy personally (not sure if they were friends) and he got his contact information... a personal email address... HJ wrote it down and gave the disgustingly poor excuse for a Marine a very large piece of his mind, as I sure did a lot of other ebaums world viewers... if you would like his email address let me know, as I won't post it publically for obvious reasons (***I do not have the email address yet, as hubby is the one who emailed him and he is not home now to ask, but if you would like it I will ask when he returns home from band practice tonight***).

HJ also said that he will not let me watch the movie, as if it upset him as much as it did, he doesn't want me to be as upset as him and he knows how I handle this stuff.

I also hope that this does not make you think that all US soldiers behave this way... two of my best friends in the world are stationed in Iraq right now and both are avid animal lovers (even if one would never admit it ;)) and would never ever even joke about doing something like this to a defenseless animal.

shepsrbest
03-05-2008, 07:30 PM
I saw that on the news tonight, Wed. A black n white puppy. He held it up to show off before dropping it. They are now investagating it now and hope he gets dropped off a cliff also.

Catty1
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Those two were a disgusting exception to the rule...

http://www.oneworldmovement.org/Graphics/Soldier%20petting%20cat.jpg

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=139057 And this thread posted in General a little earlier this year.

I'd like to think some of their *comrades* like these will look after them!!!

beeniesmom
03-05-2008, 08:28 PM
To call him an animal would be a compliment.
That is pure evil.
They say it looks real but sounds fake... IT SOUNDS REAL TO ME.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Someone posted his personal info on u tube.
I wonder if it's really his info...

(personal info deleted).

sammy101
03-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Absolutely disgusting. :( :mad:
So this is how were spending our tax dollars on idiots (could use different words but I'm not going to) like these guys? I know not all of them would do this but holy, this upsets me a lot. :(

kt_luvs_kitties
03-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Absolutely disgusting. I wont watch the video , but from what I figure, he has a special place in hell waiting just for him :mad:

RIP little pup :(

Pam
03-06-2008, 07:18 AM
This world is full of a mix of people - some pure evil and some pure good. Just yesterday a fireman in suburban Philadelphia went inside a house to rescue a dog. No family members were left inside, just the dog. The fireman, a young father of two, paid with his life. :( Thank God that often a good story follows up a bad one.

pitc9
03-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I wish I had never viewed the film clip. The puppy's yelps are still
sounding in my head. :( I hope the Marines take this seriously.

I kept my finger on the close button and stopped it in time so that I didn't see the end.
:(

Catty1
03-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Someone posted here that the puppy was alive after being thrown...if I read it right.

Does anyone know if the puppy was rescued or found? Or if he had an owner?

If there was an owner - and it wasn't one of the two idiots involved - then I'd say have at 'em! :mad:

Ginger's Mom
03-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Someone posted that the puppy wasn't dead. I believe that is in response to the two men claiming that the dog was dead before they threw it off the cliff. There also seems to be an indication that it was a "stray." It really doesn't matter if they "owned" the dog or not. It is heinous in either case, and I am sad that the Marines have said that they will protect the people involved (according to the article that was linked above).

Grace
03-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Someone posted that the puppy wasn't dead. I believe that is in response to the two men claiming that the dog was dead before they threw it off the cliff. There also seems to be an indication that it was a "stray." It really doesn't matter if they "owned" the dog or not. It is heinous in either case, and I am sad that the Marines have said that they will protect the people involved (according to the article that was linked above).

Lately it seems they protect their own no matter what. There was that Marine in North Carolina who murdered, then cooked his pregnant girlfriend. Then with the help of his wife he ran off to Mexico.

Then the recent case of a Marine raping a girl in Okinawa - I think I read he got let go.

I wonder if all these guys had served in Iraq? They might all have emotional problems secondary to that. Not that that is an excuse.

RICHARD
03-06-2008, 02:18 PM
NOT DEFENDING THESE TWO AHS in the least….But here’s a few points to ponder about this story. If you look closely at the dog’s front legs, it looks like they are tied together.

I was thinking about how the dog was not kicking or squirming-have you ever tried to pick up a puppy by the scruff of the neck?
Most animals would be raising a ruckus if there were handled that way-If the dog did yelp after this AH tossed him, why wasn’t the dog making any noise before?

----------------------
Any branch of the service takes these cases very seriously- They do not want the bad rep and crap that comes with the stunts pulled by a few bad apples. They take their honor very seriously-very seriously.

In the case that I remember about the Marine in Okinawa raping the woman, the case was given to the local authority-that idiot was put into jail there. Okinawan jails are a step up from hell and I am sure he would love to be back in the good old USA-in a ‘nice’ jail.

The murdering AH that killed the woman and went to Mexico is a case that the USMC would love to close-by the way, when you cook anything, you intend to eat, he incinerated her body because it was evidence.

I didn’t want to even see this story until I channel surfed into the World of Law and Order, hosted by that stupid biatch, Nancy Grace.

I went back and watched the replay of her show to get my facts right.
45 seconds into that segment she asks, “Why hasn’t the USMC filed charges?”

Then she brings on the usual clown show/talking head group.

At four minutes, thirty seconds into the circle jerk, she makes a statement about the MC investigating the incident….DUH!

At six thirty into the segment she ‘gets’ an answer from the Marine Corps-apparently her staff-I just can’t see that princess doing any of her own work, after all, she is a new mother of twins, did all the hard stuff :rolleyes: It says the MC is investigating and will get around to pressing charges when they finish.

I sat there slack-jawed because she made it sound like she got an answer in the 6 plus minutes she was on the air.

That was precious and I have a new resentment for the media and the hosts of most news driven shows-especially when they go fan the flames inside the heads of the mindless fans.

Knee jerk reactions are exactly that, especially when you have a jerk telling the story.

lizbud
03-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I was thinking about how the dog was not kicking or squirming-have you ever tried to pick up a puppy by the scruff of the neck?
Most animals would be raising a ruckus if there were handled that way-If the dog did yelp after this AH tossed him, why wasn’t the dog making any noise before?

If you pick up a pup by the scruff properly, it will not squirm around, but
stay motionless until placed down on the ground again. It's simulates
the way the mother dogs pick up & move their pups.

Have you ever seen SNL's version of Nancy Grace? Amy Poehler does
her really well. :) I can't stand her shows.

beeniesmom
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
If you pick up a pup by the scruff properly, it will not squirm around, but
stay motionless until placed down on the ground again. It's simulates
the way the mother dogs pick up & move their pups.

I was going to post the same thing.

Jessika
03-06-2008, 10:03 PM
I was going to post the same thing.
I, too, was going to post the same thing. It's the same way with cats. Obviously my dogs are too big to pick up by their scruff, but my kitty isn't, and when I do he freezes and almost goes completely limp.

RICHARD
03-06-2008, 11:13 PM
It must be a woman thing.

Matter of fact that is the way my old GF got what she wanted from me. :confused:

Kfamr
03-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I was going to post the same, as well. All of my non-dog friends are coming to me and asking me if I think it's real with the "why isn't it moving" question.

Kfamr
03-07-2008, 11:45 AM
This was posted on one of the best message boards I'm on....

Crossposting comments below from David Motari 'US Soldier Puppy Killer' MySpace page:

"The Sergeant Major called me in today and it looks like they found out about the dog thing. I don't know who it was who put it on %#&!*% youtube, but man they are not happy... They were even talking about court martialing me, but they better not. It wouldn't be fair because they didn't court martial the last guy they caught %#&!*% with a dog.

%#&!*%, atleast i was humane about it. That guy from motor transport shot a dog in the stomach in front of the Major and everyone thought it was funny. I %#&!*% up and it gets on TV and all of a sudden it's wrong. This is some BS. POS media, always sticking its nose where it doesn't belong.

want to say first of all that I am really sorry for the whole puppy thing. I don't know why people are so pissed. It was a %#&!*% STRAY!!! Get the %#&!*% over it! You know how many people I see get blown away on a regular basis?!?! %#&!*% Man Not only the towle heads out here but my own friends!" Sorry you guys saw that, but it wasn't supposed to ever been shown. Usually what happens is we shoot them. I was being "creative" that day and decided to throw the dog instead. If i could take it back, I would. Either way, I did the dog a favor. Sorry if you can't understand that."

elizabethann
03-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Please tell me that what he posted was a joke!

His mentallity of the situation is very disturbing. I think he is sorry....sorry the video was posted on youtube and sorry he got caught.

I'm sure he wasn't the first soldier to abuse an animal in Iraq. But I demand that he be the last! My tax dollars are NOT going towards soldiers abusing animals! I do not want these abusive soldiers coming home and collect a pension that I PAY FOR WITH THE MONEY I WORK VERY HARD FOR!

That being said, for every one bad soldier who doesn't give a $hit about animals or life in general, there are thousands, perhaps hundred of thousands who would do all that they could to save an animal. Those are the ones who are my heros and I would be happy to support them for protecting my country.

pitc9
03-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh darn... you can't send him a message with out being one of his "Friends"

I hope he rotts somewhere...........

chocolatepuppy
03-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't know why people are so pissed. It was a %#&!*% STRAY!!!
And you're 'just' a SCUMBAG. :mad:

lizbud
03-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Sounds like a lot of whiney A** excuses. I do hope he gets a dishonorable
discharge. Let him explain that to his parents. Creep.

ramanth
03-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Here's the good to outweigh the bad...

Rescued Iraqi dog coming to America
'Nubs' finds something to bark about after being saved by Marine

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23295271/

http://www.cbs8.com/features/local8pets/story.php?id=120312

Hellow
03-07-2008, 10:43 PM
If i had saw that i would be saying every word in the book to that @**hole.

Alysser
03-07-2008, 11:11 PM
At first I thought the dog was dead because the puppy looked so limp but then someone posted that's what puppies do when they are held by the scruff of their neck. All I can say is SICK!! How can anyone do that, to an innocent animal nonetheless?! These idiots are such a bad image of the Army, Marines, Navy, etc. I can't believe the bastard actually posted that message on myspace. :mad: I can understand shooting a half-dead, starving, deformed, very sick, or severally injured dog just to put it out of it's misery. My brother said he witnessed that a couple of times. He and his friends in Iraq would NEVER have dreamed of abusing the strays there. He said he couldn't bare to see the suffering animals suffering anymore and most of his friends couldn't either, so they shot them to end the suffering quickly. But a healthy, tiny, innocent puppy? I don't know what to say about that. My brother actually forwarded me the story before I saw this and he was really upset by these jack asses. :(

kt_luvs_kitties
03-07-2008, 11:39 PM
That guy.. I wish someone would inhumanly shut him up.. for good :mad:

What a useless piece of garbage. I just know hell is the perfect place for him to spend eternity... Pure evil...

luckies4me
03-08-2008, 10:28 AM
So being a stray justifies killing it? :mad:

luckies4me
03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
I sent him a friends request. Maybe he'll be dumb enough to except it! :D

Catty1
03-08-2008, 11:33 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335490,00.html

http://heraldnet.com/article/20080305/NEWS01/303268761/0/news01

Hopes that it is a fake?
An apparent discrepancy is in the audio of the puppy yelping as it is airborne. Though the dog is moving away from the camera, the sound does not diminish or fade.
From: http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8V7BR5O0.htm

THIS quote is from a Daily Squib satire on this story, which makes its point but is still horrible to read. However, the very last line is worth posting this last bit, IMO:
Dick Cheney who regularly tosses puppies in the air on shooting trips, addressed the competition winners from a satellite broadcast later on in the day:

"The United States is proud of you guys for your bravery and courage. It takes a lot to do all the things you guys do while we profit off other peoples misery and pain," said the former chief executive of Halliburton, who still has not exercised his massive stock options. He then lit a huge cigar and started laughing maniacally.

The winner of the US Marine competition was then awarded a puppy shaped trophy and given $250 as prize money so he can buy some more hookers when he gets back to base.

RICHARD
03-08-2008, 03:56 PM
The winner of the US Marine competition was then awarded a puppy shaped trophy and given $250 as prize money so he can buy some more hookers when he gets back to base.

Hmmmm,

HOOKERS? As in more than one?

I always thought that the the quality degraded as the cost went down.

--------------

And everyone knows that Cheney shots birds and lawyers.

Catty1
03-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, that the guy can buy more hookers clearly shows how high-class he is (NOT).

Jessika
03-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Since you're posting his myspace and whatnot, I guess I'll go ahead and post his email:

[email protected]

RICHARD
03-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Well, that the guy can buy more hookers clearly shows how high-class he is (NOT).

I was doing the satire thing with the comments about the 250 dollars. I guess we can suppose that he drinks, gets tattooed and curses like a sailor too?

I think we also should throw him out of the service if he is being paid to kill insurgents/terrorists/homicide bombers. That's kinda cruel.

elizabethann
03-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Any more info on this story? Any updates? I don't want this story to be swept under the rug.

RICHARD
03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
There is a post on Youtube that shows two guys in a dog costumes throwing a Marine off a cliff.

-----------
\
No other news.

Lady's Human
03-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Military investigations can take months. Different rules than the civilian world.

lizbud
03-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Military investigations can take months. Different rules than the civilian world.

Not that different. The guy is known by the military & he's not going anywhere. I don't think people will forget about this.

RICHARD
03-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Going back to the hookers.

Eliott Spitzer paid 4300.00 dollars for two hours with one hooker.

And $250.00 is all we can afford for a man in uniform? :mad:

------------

My nephew has a neat USMC tattoo on his right arm.

He told me it stands for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

Catty1
03-12-2008, 10:55 AM
And $250.00 is all we can afford for a man in uniform?

I totally understand, RICHARD. But in the case of this particular individual, maybe that's all he is worth?

RICHARD
03-12-2008, 02:13 PM
And $250.00 is all we can afford for a man in uniform?

I totally understand, RICHARD. But in the case of this particular individual, maybe that's all he is worth?

I agree, my ire is about comparing a hunting accident to animal cruelty.

There is a huge group of people who see that any misbehavior in the military should be blamed on everyone up to, and including the president. Not a huge fan of GWB but I seriously doubt that he would condone this behavior.

I stand corrected, Spitzer paid 80,000 for hookers. :eek: