PDA

View Full Version : Another product warning.

RICHARD
03-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Microfiber blankets are very dangerous, especially to cats.

---------------

There are two small 4x5 throws that my mom keeps in her living room.

One is tan and the other gray. The tan throw is the oldest one-every time I'd drape it across my lap, I have a cat in my lap seconds later. The throws get used daily and pass back and forth, from couch to recliner.

Last night Ed climbed up on the couch next to my mom, got on top of the tan throw and passed out.

In the time that we have been visiting with her I have seen him in the couch with her a handful of times-He will climb on the sofa back to look out the window but ED HARDLY EVER GETS ON THE COUCH WITH HER-

After a short biscuit making session, I looked and saw that he was sound asleep-when I started to say something to my mom, she looked at me and shushed me----DON'T MAKE ANY NOISE!!

I also got the evil eye when I got up to get a drink. I left the room in disgust.....when I came back 45 minutes later they were both passed out-both wrapped in microfiber.

-----------

Microfiber will make you lose you blankie, the ability to make noise and damage your family ties-imagine that- losing the Edster to nylon! :mad:

DJFyrewolf36
03-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Aww maybe you should start wearing microfiber pants? ;)

Jessika
03-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh no... I'm going to go through and pack 'em all away as soon as I can! That's horrible :(

Freedom
03-03-2008, 09:42 PM
He he he heee! Sounds like they may be dangerous to mothers, as well! ;)

Laura's Babies
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I love it when they have to do the happy feet before they pass out! If I had one of those blankets, I bet it would make me pass out too... My rag quilt has that effect on me too.

Anikaca77
03-04-2008, 06:53 AM
I actually had 2 of them, one when I rescued Pumpkin so she had something soft to lay on and it went with her when she moved into her new home.

Also, I purchased another one for $3 and well the 2 boys I just rescued that blanket went with them.

Medusa
03-04-2008, 07:32 AM
I knew that microfiber had some sort of mysterious quality because mine is always covered w/cats but it seems to repel humans, unlike yours. I've never observed a human near mine because the static cling attracts cats instead. Hmmm, interesting......

RICHARD
03-04-2008, 10:37 AM
LOLOLOL,

I went to my mom's house to pick up the Edster.......

He was on the recliner back.....I sat down and made sure that he saw me put the MFB in my lap.

Not even 15 seconds later, he was on top of me. mysterious? You betcha!

moosmom
03-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Microfiber will make you lose you blankie, the ability to make noise and damage your family ties-imagine that- losing the Edster to nylon!

Nylon beats spandex by a long shot!!!

orangemm
03-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Hmmm, I guess I'll have to invest in a couple of these! :D Cat magnets!

catmandu
03-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I KNOW THAT MICRO FIBRE HAS THAT SAME EFFECT ON THE FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS, AND THEY COME THERE AS THOUGH A SIGNAL FROM THE ANGELS.
THEY LOVE THEM THIER BLANKETS!!!!
:) :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :cool: :cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I have a microfiber throw that I try and use over my knees when my arthritis is really bad. I look down from the recliner and there is Luke with his big old sad eyes like: What about me mommy? I'm an old boy now too and would love the warm fuzzy thing to lay on. (he doesn't like to lay on my lap)

So, I give up, put it up and go turn the electric blanket on and crawl in bed. We can all snuggle under/on the electric blanket and enjoy that! :D