PDA

View Full Version : A real scare lastnight.

angelbow20
03-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Lastnight my dog Chance went into a seizure.. It was so horrible and sad.. He kept trying to crawl to me and almost looked like he was having a stroke, my dad, mom, sister and a friend all were around him trying to calm him since we had no idea what was going on and I called the ER vet. This was the first time this has ever happend before. The ER vet said to just watch him and if he happens again make an appointment. Right after he was done having it he ran right over to me and laid on me, I think he knew I was very upset and crying and scared himself so we comforted eachother. Everywhere I went lastnight he followed and wouldnt leave my side. I just hope it was a once in a life time thing and never happens again. :(

Seravieve
03-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Thats awful. I'd be scared out of my mind...
I'd probably take him to the vet anyways.. just because that's me though.
I hope he's ok now..

angelbow20
03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah this month he has to go for his yearly check up anyway so next time I get paid im going to make an appoinment and then tell them about it when im there... Unless he gets more then I will be taking him much sooner.

CountryWolf07
03-02-2008, 10:54 AM
What kind of dog is Chance?

My boyfriend's dog, Dozer, who is a Black Lab, had a episode like your dog did over Christmas. He had no history of seizures, so it was his first one. It was rather, short and he is doing fine. The vet thinks it was a one timing thing. He may have eaten something.

Freedom
03-02-2008, 11:48 AM
oh how scary for all of you!

Prayers that it was a once in a lifetime thing and that all goes well at the vet check.

angelbow20
03-02-2008, 12:31 PM
What kind of dog is Chance?

My boyfriend's dog, Dozer, who is a Black Lab, had a episode like your dog did over Christmas. He had no history of seizures, so it was his first one. It was rather, short and he is doing fine. The vet thinks it was a one timing thing. He may have eaten something.

he is a 3 yr old golden retiever. I heard its more common in retieving dogs. My best friends lab has to take many pills everyday for the rest of his life and he is only around 5 yrs old, its sad he almost died from his and suffers from them from alot of different things.

CountryWolf07
03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
he is a 3 yr old golden retiever. I heard its more common in retieving dogs. My best friends lab has to take many pills everyday for the rest of his life and he is only around 5 yrs old, its sad he almost died from his and suffers from them from alot of different things.

Dozer is 3 or 4 years old. I'm just glad that he is OK, that dog means a lot to Mike. He's a big sweetheart, a total baby and loves to be cuddled and get attention whenever he can. :) I'm glad to hear Chance is fine, but I am sure he will be. Let us know how he is doing!

Here's a picture of the big boy:

http://xs323.xs.to/xs323/08015/CIMG1030.JPG