PDA

View Full Version : Happy for my parents.

Uabassoon
03-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Today I got a phone call from my mom asking about my opinions on pitbulls. I told her that I thought they were fine dogs and asked why. I guess a few days ago a dog showed up outside of our house so she brought her some food. Since she seemed friendly enough my mom let her hang out in the yard all day. When my dad got home he asked whose pitbull it was. My mom said she just thought it was a regular mutt and didn't realize it was a pittie.

The dog seemed very submissive and my dad strongly believes it was a fighting dog that was dropped off due to her lack of aggressivness. My parents live out in the country so dog fighting is prevelant and dogs often get dumped off in front of our house. She was wearing a harness and had several bite marks on her body. So my dad cleaned her up, gave some flea and tick treatment until they figured out what to do with her.

After my mom put out word that we had a dog one of the neighbors had offered to take her. By this point my dad had already fallen in love with her and was upset that my mom wanted to get rid of HIS dog!

So I guess now she stays, and she's going to the vet this week for shots and to make an appointment for her spay! :D Hopefully my mom will send me a picture soon like she promised. Even though my mom is hesitent about having a pittie I can tell that she really likes this girl. She went on and on about how friendly and playful she is. My mom said she's great with strangers and seems to enjoy spending most of her day sunbathing out on the porch.

KYS
03-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Congratulations to your parents and for the dog for finding great owners.
Lucky dog. :)

critter crazy
03-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Awwwww....how sweet!! Congrats to your parents, and that Lucky Pittie Girl!!:)

Seravieve
03-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Wowie Thats great! I wish my mom would get a dog that easy.. ;) Im sure the pup sure is happy she was dropped off at a nice house with loving people for her to live with.

Looking forward to pictures!!

Taz_Zoee
03-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Aww that is great! Can't wait to see pictures of her. What did they name her?

ramanth
03-01-2008, 03:31 PM
What a great story! I can't wait to see photos of her. :D

Uabassoon
03-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I forgot to ask if she has a name yet! I'll have to ask the next time I talk to my mom or dad.

I'm actually really shocked that they kept her, she must have a fantastic personality. Usually my parents find a dog that's been dropped off around every other month. My dad will give them a bath, treat them for fleas and ticks then take them to the shelter. It's rare for them to actually keep the dog! Although their other dog Pepper was also a drop off that they fell in love with.

Alysser
03-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow, that's fantastic. What a lucky girl! I am so happy that your parents decided to keep her. I'll be waiting for a picture of the sweetheart. :)

lizbud
03-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Wow, that's really sweet of your Mom & Dad. I'll bet she has a super
sweet personilty. Congrats to them both. Sounds like they would both
make great PT people. :)

pitc9
03-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Oh I love stories that have happy endings! :D

How wonderful that your dad fell in love with her so quick! She really must be a very special pup! I can't wait to see pictures of her and find out what her name is!

cloverfdx
03-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Im glad your parents are looking after her for now.

Has she been checked for a microchip? and shelters been checked to make sure someone is not missing her.

Freedom
03-02-2008, 08:09 AM
What a great way to start my Sunday morning! You may have to go over and take pics yourself!

shais_mom
03-02-2008, 09:56 AM
yea! :)
looking forward to pics and what's her name?

Uabassoon
03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Has she been checked for a microchip? and shelters been checked to make sure someone is not missing her.

I'll make sure to mention to my parents to ask the vet to check for a microchip. I know that the local pound does not microchip as it just isn't common practice out there. I know that they put the word around the area that they had found her. The sad fact it that the chances of her being a lost pet are pretty slim. My parents live in a very rual area and dogs often just get dumped. People assume that someone out in the country is sure to want their dog, or they honestly think that a domesticated dog can survive on its own if it's left out in the middle of nowhere.

According to my mom her name is Molly, but according to my dad her name is Biscuit. I forget that my mom doesn't know how to email pictures even though she has a computer and a digital camera so she is snail mailing me some pictures of her.