PDA

View Full Version : Daisy and Delilah's mom

beeniesmom
03-01-2008, 09:41 AM
If I remember well, your knee surgery was yesterday (2-29).
I hope it went well and that you are pain free now. Get well soon Terry. :)

Alysser
03-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Hope everything is okay with you Terry! (((hugs)))

chocolatepuppy
03-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Hoping everything went well Terry. :)

pitc9
03-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Thinking of you!

Rachel
03-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Me too. Hope that all went well and your recovery will be swift and uneventful. We will feel especially relieved when you are able to check in.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-01-2008, 11:31 AM
:) Get better soon Terry!! I hope you will feel better soon :)

fritz03
03-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Mom,me and Fritz thinking about you.Hope everything went well with the surgery yesterday.Hope the recovery goes well and we will be seeing you soon.

Catty1
03-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Terry - gentle {{{hugs}}} to you; drop in and say hi only when you feel up to it. :)

Freedom
03-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Heal well, Terry! You have 2 excellent nurses to snuggle up with and help you.

cassiesmom
03-03-2008, 04:29 PM
thinking of you this afternoon!

CountryWolf07
03-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi! :)

Hope everything went well!

Daisy and Delilah
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks everybody!!

I posted in Lut's thread because I hadn't seen this one. Thank you for starting it, Carmen.

As I said in the other one; surgery went well on Friday. They took the failed knee out and put only a spacer in and took a culture to check for bacteria. Yesterday morning I was given the best possible news. No infection at all and I get my new knee on Wednesday morning. I feel like I'm home free now and all is well with the world :)

I can't thank all of you enough for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes. You're all the best people on the earth!!! I love you all. I'll come back and update as soon as I can. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-04-2008, 10:25 AM
That is great news :)

lizbud
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Great news to hear no infection. I hope the replacement goes smoothly
tomorrow &then a quick recovery. Hang in there. :)

Ginger's Mom
03-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh my gosh, I almost missed your update. I am so glad to hear from you Terry and to hear that everything went well. Yay. Prayers continuing for you that tomorrow will go just as well, and that you will have a relatively pain free recovery this time. {{{hugs}}}

pitc9
03-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm happy to read your update!! :D

cassiesmom
03-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Yesterday morning I was given the best possible news. No infection at all. :)

YEEEAAAAAY!

Pam
03-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Wonderful news Terry! I know the girls are ready to provide a little extra lovin' for you as you recover from the surgery tomorrow, even if that just means keeping your lap warm. :p Soon you will be the bionic woman! I shouldn't poke fun because the way my knees feel at times I will be right behind you. Hope to hear that all went well!

Randi
03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm so glad to hear it went well. :) I hope you are pain free now and will get better each day!

beeniesmom
03-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Glad to hear that you are doing well! :)

Good luck for part two tomorrow.

Alysser
03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
What a great update, Terry! I am happy to hear you're okay. Update us tomorrow when you get your new knee.

cassiesmom
03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
I came home last night for one day (my insurance wouldn't pay for me to stay there for no reason). I was thrilled to see my girls. They were happy to see me too. Their nursing skills are great!! :)

First. Dear Daisy and Delilah, I knew you would be great nurses!
Second. Dear D&D's Mom. The insurance wouldn't pay for one overnight. On the one hand, this makes me want to stand up and shout things it's not appropriate to type into my post. On the other hand though, since your knee is not infected, it makes me want to say good, get the heck out of there, because hospitals these days are good places to get infections. Buh-bye, hospital. D&D's Mom, I'll keep praying! HUGHUGHUGHUGHUG

Karen
03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Wheee - it is just one more day until you have a new knee! And I am glad you are home with the fur-nurses. The two times I was hospitalized for my asthma, I spent the entire time saying "I'd get better faster at home ..."

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Glad to hear so far so good. Thinking of you and hope you heal quickly.

Felicia's Mom
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Terry, I am glad you are doing well.

Rachel
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Thinking of you this morning. Hopefully your hospital stay won't be too long as we will miss you something fierce. I can't imagine what it must be like having *no knee*. Yikes.

Rachel
03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
I see you have been posting some today. How about a little uppydate on how you are doing with the new parts? I know you haven't been gone all that long, but even so, we've missed you.

lizbud
03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I see you have been posting some today. How about a little uppydate on how you are doing with the new parts? I know you haven't been gone all that long, but even so, we've missed you.

You sure are missed here. I hope things are going smoothly & you'll soon
be on the mend & feeling better. :)

Ginger's Mom
03-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for bumping this back up, Rachel. :) Actually, I got excited for a minute thinking that it may be an update. But let me add my voice to those that miss you and are hoping that your recovery is easier this time. Take it easy and let the girls help you out a little.

Daisy and Delilah
03-14-2008, 10:59 AM
First of all:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! to all of you. You are a great bunch of people.

I am, of course, back home now and on the mend. After two major surgeries in a week, I actually feel pretty great!! I have been so fortunate to have this thing work out as well as it has considering all the darkness that I experienced prior to now.

I have the new knee in and it feels so solid and wonderful. I have a nurse and physical therapist coming over to monitor me and all is well.

I try to post as much as I can in one sitting and I'm sorry if I don't get to all the threads I would like to. Those days of alot of posting are coming soon.

I want to thank all of you again for all the support I have gotten. It's been such a comfort. My two nurses are on the job 24/7 and doing a wonderful job. What would I do without my girls? Through all the darkness, they were always a bright source of light for me and could always put a smile on my face. I missed them so much while at the hospital but I told them I'm here to stay now.

I love you all!!

Terry

AdoreMyDogs
03-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm so glad you're doing well and the surgeries went well. You are very brave! I'm also glad the girls are being such good nurses. Our furry babies are good at turning frowns upside down :)

Keep up the good work on the recovery and keep your wonderful spirits up, too. Your high spirits is doing wonderful for your mending body :)

finn's mom
03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm a terrible friend for not keeping up with the progress of your surgery, but I am sure relieved to find out that you are on the upswing now! Great news, and happy healing to you!

Rachel
03-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the uppydate. It was good to hear a positive vibe in your *voice*. I can't wait for the day where you get to say unequivocably that you have no more pain.

chocolatepuppy
03-15-2008, 05:37 AM
I'm happy to hear things are going well Terry and that your 'nurses' are doing a great job! :D

Pam
03-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Those days of alot of posting are coming soon.

YAY!! I'm so glad that and that you are doing so well already. I hope the physical therapy won't be too hard on you. Give D&D special hugs from me for being "on the job" 24/7. Aren't they just the best medicine? ;)

Daisy and Delilah
03-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks again to all of you!! I can't believe how wonderful this great community is. It's so comforting to have so much support.

I have delivered special hugs to D and D with pleasure. They are the just what the doctor ordered. It's times like these when you realize, even more, how precious your little buddies are. Without them, I would have given up. They provide unconditional love and support. They're always by my side. I need to get them something special when I am able to go shopping-it shouldn't be too long :)

anna_66
03-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Terry, I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner:o

I knew you were supposed to be having the surgery, but didn't remember when it was.

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and the you have a couple of great nurses with you 24/7!

(((HUGS)))
Anna

lizbud
03-15-2008, 12:27 PM
It is so good to hear that you are doing so well. I'm hoping that each
day thing are looking better & you are feeling stronger. Then , look out
shoppers, here you come. :)

Catty1
03-15-2008, 01:15 PM
HUGS! Any idea when physio starts...or are they letting you go jogging on your own? :D

You were so worried about your job - the way things are going, you'll be ok! :)

More prayers for continued wunnerful healing!

Daisy and Delilah
03-15-2008, 01:35 PM
More thanks going out to everybody :)

Candace, physical therapy started the day after the first surgery. They even have you do PT with no knee. It consisted of nothing but moving sideways and forward by sliding your good foot but they have to keep you moving.
PT started the day after for the 2nd one too. They start it in the hospital and assign a home health care agency to you if you're going home. I'm already having pretty heavy workouts when the PT lady comes to visit. She is amazed at how much I can do after only a week. I told her that I am so ready to get up and get moving again, nothing will stop me. Pain, what's that??

Fortunately, everything has gone so well, my job is going to let me come back. They have been super nice about it and I couldn't be more thankful. I have been reminded of how great my workplace is and how many wonderful people I work with. With Pet Talk and my family and friends, I am blessed and surrounded by wonderful people. :)

beeniesmom
03-15-2008, 03:30 PM
YEAH!!! So glad you are on the mend! Hope you are up and runnin soon! :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you and I hope that you'll recover quickly.:)