PDA

View Full Version : When They Disappear...

NoahsMommy
08-19-2002, 06:38 PM
Do your cats (or other pets) disappear? Noel and Basil like to do that, but usually come out when we call them...except for one night...

My husband's cousin came to stay the night on the way home to Sacramento from Arizona. When he came in, my husband David wanted to show him our new kitten Basil. But...we couldn't find him! I was really worried because David had opened the front door and stood there while his cousin came in. Eventually we found our little Basil: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p05415862fdea447eebb4c034b56fe983/fd6908f9.jpg
I think he is still learning his name!! :D

Lirathal
08-19-2002, 06:51 PM
So cute!

krazyaboutkatz
08-19-2002, 10:18 PM
Kelly, that picture is priceless. Basil sure is a cutie. :) Sunny is the one who will hide sometimes. It's when strangers come over or if he hears a loud noise. He'll hide under the bed and will usually come out when I call him. It all depends on his mood. Sometimes he'll fall asleep under my bed and won't come out for several hours. Pepper is so big , 17lbs., that it's hard for him to hide. Storm will sometimes crawl into a cubby hole or he'll be under my chair laying on top of my shoes. :) He likes to fall asleep in small places. :)

Miss Meow
08-20-2002, 05:13 AM
That's a beautiful photo of Basil - and a very sweet surrogate brother he has found.

C.C.'s Mom
08-20-2002, 05:40 AM
Basil is so cute!

Both cats hide, always upstairs in the studio where the slanting walls have cupboards that they can open. Very dark inside, many cosy spots for cats, mommy can't find cats in there. They come when I call them.
Rudie also has a very special hiding place: under the bed. As if I wouldn't find him!
And Eddy manages to get behind the (build in!!!) fridge. She won't come out unless we open a can of catfood.

08-20-2002, 07:54 AM
Maya goes into hiding quite often !! Especially after she did something naughty ... . Then I can shout "MAYA !!!!!!!!" as I like , she does NOT come out !!!!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerloril/emoticons/catlol.gif

Chinadoll
08-20-2002, 09:19 AM
Basil is just precious!

The 2 babies, Gigi and Bixby will hide if they hear a loud noise(ie. vacuum cleaner) or I've done something they don't like(clip nails or a bath)...but they'll come back out when they feel it's all clear.

Scout hides when something spooks him..could be loud noises(he HATES the vacuum) or company. He usually comes back out on his own, but sometimes if he's been startled badly, I'll have to hunt for him.

NoahsMommy
08-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys! I still laugh when I see that picture! :) So cute!!

Lut, I can't see your picture of Maya.... :(