PDA

View Full Version : They Just Hate Tires

lizbud
02-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Dogs trap mail carrier, flatten tires

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 08:51 AM EST

HANOVER, Pa. (AP) - A mail carrier was trapped inside her car for nearly two hours at a home near Hanover after a pair of dogs attacked her tires, flattening three of them.

Robin Barton had to summon help by cell phone on Wednesday. When the police arrived, the dogs attacked the cruiser's tire as well.

Authorities were preparing to tranquilize the dogs Judge and Justice, a Rottweiler and a pit-bull mix, before the surprised and apologetic homeowner arrived.

Stephanie Dekelbaum, the dogs' owner, called them "generally sweethearts" and blamed the attack on a tire toy the dogs had recently been given.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Ginger's Mom
02-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Okay, I admit I giggled at that, although I am sure I wouldn't have been giggling if they were attacking my truck/car. It just goes to show you that you shouldn't buy your dogs toys that resemble items that you do not want them chewing on (it also shows that you shouldn't leave your dogs outside unattended, but that is for a different thread ;) ).

Karen
02-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I do hope whoever gave them that "tire toy" sends a letter of apology! I laughed reading, thinking of the poliecar pulling up and the dogs thinking - "Wow, they brought 4 more toys!"

Freedom
02-29-2008, 08:34 PM
the dogs thinking - "Wow, they brought 4 more toys!"
Te heee! Oh gee, I laughed as well.

Poor mail carrier, though, they seem to have a natural fear of dogs to start with (well earned, unfortunately) but can you imagine a rottie and a pittie attacking? She must have been terrified, at least initially.

RICHARD
03-01-2008, 12:50 AM
I guess that postal carrier is looking at retirement?

Just think about this...what would have happened to the Goodyear Blimp? :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
03-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Postal carriers do not neccesarily have a fear of dogs, they are required by management to avoid them while on their routes.

joycenalex
03-01-2008, 10:14 PM
....so who had to hose out the mail truck.? and the cop car? ...ROLF. an ex of mine was a letter carrier (and for the record, an excellent human, just not the right one for me.) one day while leaning forward to place mail in the slot on the enclosed porch, their dog stuck their head OUT of the door frame and barked into the exs' ear.....i still giggle on recalling the conversation that night at dinner.... :eek: :D