View Full Version : Tortured by music?

RICHARD
02-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I didn't want to hijack the music thread by Brody's Mum....

Did anyone hear about the Torture Playlist?

I had to laugh.

It's he music that is supposed to be played in the jails where they are keeping terrorism suspects.

One of the tunes is the Meow Mix song, Born In The USA and Living in America.

I tried to find the whole list but couldn't.....

I thought this was kinda funny.

Karen
02-29-2008, 12:10 AM
The songs that get stuck in my heard are assuredly not on that list - they tend to be ones I cannot remember the last verse for, or ones that I have rehearsed too much, or ones that repeat!

DJFyrewolf36
02-29-2008, 01:54 AM
I had a spanish teacher in high school that played Faliz Navidad over and over for an hour and a half. Suffice it to say, I learned what it meant...

Everyone passed the test on the song though lol.

Maybe they should put THAT on the torture list

Fuzzybuns
02-29-2008, 02:07 AM
I have the playlist and you're welcome to PM me for the link but I should warn you that at least one of the song titles isn't suitable for young or sensitive folks, which is why I won't post it.

However, the Barney theme song is also on there! :D

I love you.
You love me.
We're a happy family.
With a great big hug and kiss from me to you,
Won't you say you love me too!

Earworm anyone? ;)

moosmom
02-29-2008, 08:55 AM
I was in my car the other day and the station started playing a weird song called "Detachable Penis". I almost drove off the road when I actually listened to the words. And to think I THOUGHT I heard everything in my 55 years. What next?????

pitc9
02-29-2008, 03:12 PM
I was in my car the other day and the station started playing a weird song called "Detachable Penis". I almost drove off the road when I actually listened to the words. And to think I THOUGHT I heard everything in my 55 years. What next?????

Ah yes... that's a classic! LOL! J/K!!
I remember hearing that one!

Husky_mom
02-29-2008, 03:25 PM
OMG!!!... donīt ya hate that the song that gets stuck in your head itīs the one you hate the most.... there are several songs that I have NEVER listened to... but yet I have the m stuck in my head.... either someone sang them or something (so I did really heard them but not on purpose :p)

heres a link the the Torture Playlist

Torture Playlist (http://www.motherjones.com/news/featurex/2008/03/torture-playlist.html)

there are also "songs" that just get soooo annoying because itīs the same after the same after the same..... just ike Invaser Zim dum song.... LOL

you had me LOLing at the Feliz Navidad one... I hate Christmas time because you can hear that and a few other songs....EVERYWHERE....ALL THE TIME!!!!

cloverfdx
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Enter Sandman is one of my favourite songs ;). I think the list is pretty tame.

RICHARD
03-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Enter Sandman is one of my favourite songs ;). I think the list is pretty tame.

That and the Meow Mix song!

Notice there was no rap on the list. That stuff makes you more violent. :confused:

jackie
03-01-2008, 05:11 AM
LOL AT THE MEOW MIX! hahaha