PDA

View Full Version : Missing person - UPDATE Queen of Poop is ok - post #21

Catty1
02-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Her name is Gayle and she lives in Calgary.

You would think that since I live really close to there, I could track her down - but I can't.

She posted once after coming back from a holiday where her *supposed* ex had beaten her - thrown her against a piece of furniture.

Last post was that he had promised to not drink anymore, had lasted two days so far, and was weighing her options.

If anyone here has been in touch by phone or letter, please contact her and see if she is ok! :(

Or PM the info to Karen.

thanks....

dukedogsmom
02-28-2008, 10:10 PM
I was wondering the other day if law enforcement in that area should get involved. I wouldn't want to jump the gun on that but I would hate for her not to be safe. On the other hand, if they did go to her house and she was alright, that might make matters worse. I just wish she'd check in.

Catty1
02-28-2008, 10:24 PM
The police HAVE been there before (she said in one thread they had taken him away). She said the bruises would heal.

I spoke with an officer in Calgary a couple of weeks ago, and she said if we were concerned, that they would need the address and they would send a couple of officers to check on her.

But - Karen DOESN'T have the address, and canada411.com doesn't seem to have it...but the Calgary Police do, and this one officer didn't know that!

Unless Gayle was in any swaps - which I don't think she was - we are stuck.

I will try emailing the Calgary Police and explaining the circumstances, and giving what little information I do have.

*sigh* :(

dukedogsmom
02-28-2008, 10:26 PM
They could have someone from the police dept. talk to Karen about getting the IP address here. That should help them locate her.

Daisy and Delilah
02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
I've been thinking about her for awhile now. I feel like she would have checked in by now. I won't be around for a couple of weeks but I sure hope someone hears from her soon.

Does anyone out there know her? I hope someone has had her address at one time or another. :( It's very worrisome. :(

Is she possibly listed on Kirsten's site? Does she take addresses or any information?

ramanth
02-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Was she ever involved in the Christmas Card Swap? We'd have an address to give to police that way.

I wish she'd check in. Been thinking about her.

dukedogsmom
02-28-2008, 10:57 PM
If anyone would have her address, I would think someone in the cat section would. I wish it wasn't in Canada. I could at least call and talk to them to get advice on what to do. They might talk to me more since I work for law enforcement. Though I wouldn't be able to say where I worked or use my job to help find her, unfortunately.

Edwina's Secretary
02-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Some years ago I had a girlfriend who asked me if I thought she should get back with her guy. I did not like him. I told her I did not think, after what he had done, she should.

She did.

I never heard from her again. That's not entirely true. About a year later he died of a heart attack and she did send a thank you note for the condolences we sent.

Maybe Gayle has other things to do. Maybe Gayle is embarrassed to post.

Maybe Gayle would not like the police showing up at her door.

Karen
02-28-2008, 11:14 PM
She has never taken part in the card swaps. I do have what might be her last name, but am not sure of her address. I wouldn't want her to feel like we were persecuting her by having the police show up with no warning. I'll try emailing her again, and will let you all know if I hear back. That said, if she's gotten herself out of the situation, she may be somewhere with no Internet access right now, or have been warned against posting for her own safety. Like I said, I'll let you all know if I hear anything.

Catty1
02-28-2008, 11:33 PM
And maybe Gayle is dead. I am not about to call the cops on her...but embarrassment is preferable to a funeral, by me anyway.

Emeraldgreen
02-29-2008, 12:05 AM
It's hard to know the right thing to do at this point. If things are okay and she is trying to be private, police showing up might turn her life upside down. I hope that she has some offline friends that call on her, especially if they haven't seen her or heard from her in awhile.
I looked through some of her posts to see if there was a way to try and find her phone number. There is a post about a reading that Nancy did for a pet named Bon and Gayle mentioned that she was wondering if Nancy did readings for Canadian pets and someone PM'd her Nancy's info to which Gayle responded that she got the PM and had sent a query to Nancy. If that reading happened, I'm guessing that Nancy spoke with Gayle by phone or received a payment with a last name on a cheque or credit card? My thought is to try and contact her by phone if a last name can be found through Nancy.

Lori Jordan
02-29-2008, 12:35 AM
I use Canada 411 daily,If you look there is a reverse lookup,When the number is found,You can type her number in,And if she has registerd her address with the number it will come up,Some dont..I dont have my address appear in the phonebook.

This first one is for the address
http://findaperson.canada-411.ca/reverse_phone

http://findaperson.canada-411.ca/reverse_address

I dont know if that will help,hope it does

Karen
02-29-2008, 02:04 AM
Upon further searching, I have a number that is likely hers, that I will try Saturday, if she doesn't respond to my email.

robinh
02-29-2008, 06:36 AM
It is possible that she is not posting because she thinks we don't "know" him. It's a very common defense mechanism. You don't want to believe that you will have to do something.

He may have convinced her that she can't possibly make it on her own. That she is too ______ (insert word ugly, stupid, etc.) to get another man. This is all her fault, if she would only ________ (insert word), things would be OK .

I know the last time my ex hit me, it was like hitting a wall that said "I can't do this anymore. Being alone HAS to be better."

Gayle;

If you're reading this, we miss you and we're worried. Just let one of us know you are OK. No judgments - just concern.

Robin

pitc9
02-29-2008, 10:42 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Gayle.

Please check in Gayle, we're all worried SICK about you. :(

DJFyrewolf36
02-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I do hope she is ok for sure. Abusive situations are no good for a multitude of reasons, and sadly she could not be posting for a multiude of reasons. Gayle, I do hope things are going better for you and you found a solution that works and is healthy for everyone involved. Please, if you need help your PT friends are here for you. Even if you can't reply for some reason, do know you are not alone in this!

*HUGS* from Oregon

beeniesmom
02-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Hoping you are so busy with good things that you haven't had the time to check in.
Hugs

lizbud
02-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Upon further searching, I have a number that is likely hers, that I will try Saturday, if she doesn't respond to my email.

Thanks for doing this Karen.

Kater
03-01-2008, 01:35 AM
She is certainly in my thoughts! :( I'm glad Karen has found some way to get in touch with her....

Catty1
03-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Karen.

Karen
03-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I just spoke to Gayle. She is fine, and was just having some quiet time on the couch with Diego when I called. She is just taking some time to get her head together and decide what she wants to do next. She does thank everyone for worrying about her, but says she is fine, and I even gave her a good chuckle.

So she is not missing any more, just taking a bit of a break from everything at the moment.

dukedogsmom
03-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Karen. Glad to know that she's ok. I hope she can get out of that relationship.

jennielynn1970
03-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm glad to hear that Gayle is at least safe for the moment.

Let's hope she will get help and be strong enough to get out of an abusive relationship.

Alysser
03-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Karen, thank you for telling us. I am glad to hear she is fine and hope things continue that way.

ramanth
03-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks Karen. Glad to hear she's well. :)

Catty1
03-01-2008, 04:17 PM
*whew* Thank you SO much, Karen!

I am so glad she has her critters, and was actually worried about them as well.

Pardon my nosiness...just wondering if she is living on her own. I think she was anyway, and the 'ex' had gone to live elsewhere.

HUGS to Gayle. Sweetie, if I could hug you I'd be crying right now.

Freedom
03-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Thank you, Karen.

Medusa
03-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes, I'm glad, too, that Gayle is well. Isn't it nice to have such a wonderful PT family? I've had a devil of a year so far and the comfort and encouragement that I've received from PT has really kept me going. Just logging on and knowing (ok, hoping) that there will be a post to brighten my day and lift my spirits makes the difference. I'm sure she realizes that, too.

Laura's Babies
03-01-2008, 05:55 PM
PHEW! Thanks Karen.

phesina
03-01-2008, 07:53 PM
So glad to hear she is all right. Thank you, Karen.

Pat

*LabLoverKEB*
03-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh my gosh thank you so much, Karen!

gini
03-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Karen, thanks so much for taking the time to find her phone number and call her.

All of us are worry-warts - and need to have the follow through to be sure everyone is alright.

pitc9
03-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks Karen!