PDA

View Full Version : Dear Eddie

Edwina's Secretary
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Dear Eddie,

Thank you very much! Yes,I do believe that is the largest lizard you have ever made friends with. Yes, it is very pretty. But....

What happened to its tail?

Do you really think it belongs in the house?

Why am I the one who has to catch it and put it back outside?

Can't you and Edwina do something other than watch?

Are there any others?

Love,

Meowmie

Freedom
02-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Are there any others?

HA ha haaaa!! Where is the photo? Did he EAT the tail??? Oh the joys of kitty presents, he he hee. How on EARTH did he find a lizard in the middle of winter in Chicago? Silly boy.

Bengalz
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
OMG Sara I laughed so hard I almost choked :D Eve has a habit of 'finding', in our case, baby salamanders and YES, in most cases the tail is missing :rolleyes: She will carry it around in her mouth, drop it at our feet, then pick it up and run around with it again until one of us (usually my sweet husband :p ) picks it up gently and returns it to the creek below in our garden. The poor lizard 'plays dead' the entire time Eve is having her way with it :rolleyes:

Dear Eddie: Please be gentle with the lizard(s) and all will be fine :)

P.S. Lizards drop their tails (in defense) in an attempt to get away from their attacker; I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) the tail grows back ;)

Oh the world of cats :D What would we do without them??

Randi
02-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Dear Eddie, Fister says he's so envious that you have lizards to play with, but I'm glad HE doesn't bring any in! :eek: You should be nice and put Mr. Lizard back out where he belongs, it's not part of your secretary's job, you know! ;) Hope his tail will grow back and you'll be gentle with them in the future.

catmandu
02-29-2008, 04:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats101896.jpg
I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED THAT TO BE TRUE THAT THE LIZARDS TAIL WILL REGROW AS THEY USE THAT TO ESCAPE PREDATORS.
BUT EDDIE, MY CAT BROTHER IN LAW, YOU SHOULD LIVE AND LET LIVE.
JOSEPH , WHOSE TEETH AND MOUTH ARE MUCH BETTER NOW , THANK YOU.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_a30a1878.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=1179411770.pbw)

Killearn Kitties
02-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh Eddie, it is so sweet of you to bring all your new friends in to meet meowmie. :p You have not told us yet whether you have some others stashed behind the settee.

Catsnclay
02-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Our RB Fluffy always brought us lizards - with and without tails.

Yes, I do believe the tails grow back - providing the lizard is still alive.....:p

As creepy as it was........ I sure do miss those days! :(

Edwina's Secretary
02-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Trust me...the lizard was very much still alive...I know as I had to catch it and put it back outside.

A couple of time Eddie has brought me just the tail....which continues to move even without the body.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Eddie has a very gentle mouth! :)

ramanth
02-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh Eddie! You are just a riot! :D

Randy_K
02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
My mom's kitty Pookie brings in grasshoppers, field mice, small birds and on one occasion, a pygmy hamster. All were alive and undamaged as though they were presents for my mom. Where he got the hamster is unknown but it was tame and obviously someone's pet. It found a new home with an assistant district attorney for the City of Los Angeles who prosecutes animal abuse cases. He just loved little "Peanut".

Barbara
03-01-2008, 09:40 AM
In the British "Your Cat" magazine they had the amazing story of a cat who brought home a stray kitten. The kitten was sick and would have died but this cat rescued him and they lived happily ever after.
So be glad if Eddie's friends don't decide to stay ;)

catmandu
03-01-2008, 09:47 AM
I BELIEVE THAT STORY AS TIGER WHO WAS A PORCH CAT BROUGHT SCRAPPY 2 ON THE PORCH AND KEPT HER WARM , AND HE CAME IN WITH HER ONE DAY, AND SHE STAYED.
I HAVENT SEEN HIM LATELY , I PRAY THAT HES WELL.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/sc2scratchy.jpg
I THINK HE HAS A HOME ACROSS THE TRACKS, AND I HAVE A FEELING THAT THE ENCLOSED PORCH PUZZLES HIM. I HOPE TO SEE HIM AGAIN.

pitc9
03-01-2008, 10:20 AM
A couple of time Eddie has brought me just the tail....which continues to move even without the body.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ahhhh!!! :eek:
That would freak me OUT!!!!

(I know this is the cat side... but I felt the need to share)

Being that I have German Shepherds, their "Prizes" they bring to me are much larger than lizzards or mice. Normally a shovel is required to remove their "prizes" from my kitchen floor, side walk... etc. :o

I WISH they'd just bring me little lizzards!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Just one thing to say.....

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

So far I've only seen a few of the little lizard thingys running around, and fortunately Jackie hasn't seen any at all. He did run into a humungus toad tonight on his nightly walk, but he just sniffed, the toad jumped into the flowers and that was the end of it - whew!

Laura's Babies
03-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Those lizzards run across the screens here and my babies go wild! They will run back and forth across the screen, I think they know the babies can't get to them and are getting revenge. :rolleyes:

Vio&Juni
03-08-2008, 06:21 AM
What a mighty hunter you are, Eddie!