PDA

View Full Version : Do you teach your pet tricks?

Former User
08-19-2002, 09:44 AM
NO! My godness, they have more than enough tricks on their own already ;) :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
08-19-2002, 04:10 PM
My poor girls know so many tricks, that it is difficult to teach them new ones...they try so hard to please but don't know what you want when you try to teach a new one, so they go through everything they do know...but they eventually catch on. Recently we were trying to tech Sadie to "Swing" which is when she is facing you to come around into heel position. She was so confused at first, she was rolling over, twirling, laying down, playing dead, shaking, hi-5-ing...anything she could think of! Little food motivation and she got it though :)

Kfamr
08-19-2002, 06:38 PM
No, he teaches me the commands to give him when i want him to do something.

Aspen and Misty
08-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Teddy knows the basic comands, sit, stay, come Say Hi (speak) , Lay down, Stand, etc. Chewy knows Sit stay and down. Melony and Hope know Up where they stand on there back feet and they also know come when they climb onto your hand. Sadie knows Sit and Shake. Smokey knows sit and Buddy knows Sit.

lovemymaltese
08-21-2002, 03:10 PM
Yeah, Tango will learn any trick with a vienna sausage reward. He sits, speaks, shakes, dead dog, rolls over, spins, dances and jumps. And they said that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, he is a quick learner.