PDA

View Full Version : Several computers questions, guidance, please

Freedom
02-28-2008, 08:51 AM
I need a bit of guidance from folks with more experience than I have.

1. Firefox. Where do I find the spell checker? I type quickly and really need to run spell check before I actually post an item. I searched through TOOLS and TOOLBARS, but I must be passing right over it as I can't locate it.

2. My laptop will randomly, on its own, decide to type in all uppercase. This means I cannot get numbers as it only uses the top line of those keys. I can type lower case by using cap lock, but it is a nuisance. And using the cap lock does not allow me to use the number keys. Similarly the apostrophe is not available as it is locked on the upper stuff so all I can get is quotes.

As a part of this problem, I cannot move the cursor to fix a typo. Backing up highlights everything and hitting any key deletes what is highlighted.

This problem also goes away on its own, I have no clue how I get it to stop. Sometimes I have to reboot to get it to stop.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

BitsyNaceyDog
02-28-2008, 11:58 AM
1. Firefox. Where do I find the spell checker? I type quickly and really need to run spell check before I actually post an item. I searched through TOOLS and TOOLBARS, but I must be passing right over it as I can't locate it.
I'm not sure if you're on a Mac or a PC... but it may be the same on both... on a Mac you will find the spell check by right clicking. Make sure "spell check this field" is checked. When it's checked it will underline any misspellings, then you can right click on that word to get the correct spelling.

ChrisH
02-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Can't help with the upper-case problem - perhaps look in your manual?

Firefox spell check.
Tools>Options>Advanced>General. Put a tick in the box 'Check spelling as I type'

When/if you get a wrong spelling it places a red dotted line under the word, right click on said word to get a suggested correct spelling.

Freedom
02-28-2008, 12:41 PM
oh good, thanks. I did FINALLY find all that, clicked it and guess what?

IT WORKS! :eek: