PDA

View Full Version : Who called the Taxi?

RICHARD
02-27-2008, 06:44 PM
A Pet Taxi even........

I recently took out the Edster's pet carrier - the Pet Taxi.

When he was younger, his mom would put him in there to cool down after his mad dashes thru the house. I called it the Sin Bin and an outrage.

After his penance the door would open, parole wafted thru the air and a calmer, toned down Ed would exit, do the walking stretch and proceed-until the devil entered his body and the hijinks would start again.

--------------------

Other than a few side trips around town, the PT has been hidden away......until now.

I took it out, washed it down and put it on the bed. After a few sniffs around it and an exploratory look inside - the Edster has a new way to get to the Land of Nod.

I propped the door open and for the last few days his afternoon naps have been spent there, traveling to the places where catnaps go and probably dreaming of what treats await him when he returns from his adventures.

In about two more hours he'll exit the 'cab', look around and head over to the Bowl-O-Food..without a word as to where he went..

I don't mind, he gets a nice nap in a cozy place, I get a few hours of peace and quiet and the Pet Taxi brings him home, every time. :D

Taz_Zoee
02-27-2008, 07:42 PM
That's nice that Ed likes his carrier. I have Taz's down on the floor in the weight room and the closest he gets to it is a quick sniff. I've NEVER seen him go inside....willingly.

columbine
02-28-2008, 07:43 AM
I keep Smudge's under Table Mountain (what used to be a work table, but which is now occupied by a mountain o' stuff) with a towel inside. Now and then I'll squirt the towel with Feliway. Sometimes he'll snooze in there. I like to have it out in the open and familiar so that the sight of it doesn't automatically trigger vetphobia and send him under the bed.

Love, Columbine

smokey the elder
02-28-2008, 08:31 AM
I have several big carriers in the cattery where I keep fosters until they're ready to go into the general population or be adopted, and they love to sleep in them. Bubba always gets into a carrier when I need to bring someone to the vet!

Freedom
02-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Aw, Richard, I think I've mentioned this before, you do have a great way with words!

catmandu
02-28-2008, 03:30 PM
RICHARD IS PET TALKS MARK TWIAN WHO OF COURSE WAS ALSO A GREAT WIT AND A DEVOTED CAT LOVER AS WELL.
RICHARDS THRAEDS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AND ARE TIMELESS AS WELL.
HE AND THE EDSTER SHOULD BE AS WELL KNOWN AS JON AND GARFIELD!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: