PDA

View Full Version : Camera help.

buttercup132
02-27-2008, 06:35 PM
I just took my stupid Canon Elph back (was terrible).
I got the Canon SX100 IS.
I have pictures I want to upload but it won't upload themhttp://pbsmiles.org/pbsmiles/upload/smilies/new/dunno.gif
I turn the camera on, a window pops up asking how I want to download the pictures and I click what I want.
Then nothign happens, my camera stays on and nothing else pops up.
The little button that is supposed to light up when the camera is connected to the computer isn't lighting up either.
Anyone have any idea what's going on?
I read the manual and it wasn't much help.<!-- / message -->

Catlady711
02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Did you need to download any special software first? Or does it need a specific destination folder to download them to?

BTW what was wrong with the Elph camera? I'm told they are great and I've seen some terrific pix from them online.

buttercup132
02-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Yes you have to download a bunch of stuff that comes on a CD and I did.
The Elph, I know alot of people think they are good and I was convinced that they were but they aren't.
They are terrible for taking pictures unless you outside and it's sunny out.
I know I'm not the only person with this problem, Jessika on here said the same thing. The person who sold it to me said you shouldn't be taking pictures inside without the flash but I shouldn't have to use the flash when I'm in a lit up room.

Catlady711
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
A room that seems 'well lit' to the human eye can be quite dark to a camera.

Hmmm It might have helped with using flash, but a higher ISO should have allowed you to at least get pix.

CountryWolf07
02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
If you have a memory card and use pictures ON it, you can put it in your computer or laptop and upload your pictures that way. :)

Cinder & Smoke
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Buttercup ~

CALL the Tech Support Folks at Canon >>>

For toll-free technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040
during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight. EST,
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., excluding holidays).

Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired Monday - Saturday
(excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752

Technical Support for Customers in Canada
at 1-800-OK-CANON
They're available *right now* till midnight, Eastern time.

Listen and follow the phone tree steps - and you'll be connected to a real, LIVE,
Tech Supporter who will know what they're talking about! They are GOOD!

And they'll hang on while you DO the steps they suggest.

PS: Have you camera (batteries charged), all the cables, the Disc, and your computer all
at the phone when you call.

Try either the USA or Canadian number - I think the USA folks will talk to you Canadians, too. :D

;)