PDA

View Full Version : Surgery on friday 29th!! NEW UPDATE : #64 !!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
It is almost February 29th. For those who remember what happened in december, my waiting period of 3 months is over now.
It is a double surgery. Doc #1 inserts electrodes behind my bone marrow in my spine. This is extremely painful, because I have to stay awake during this procedure.
Doc#2 implants a neurostimulator, and makes a connection between this thing and the electrodes. General anaestesia this time.

Please say a prayer for me, and send me tons of positive vibes :)

THANK YOU !!!

JenBKR
02-27-2008, 03:19 PM
YAY it's almost here! I know that the surgery will be painful, but think of how wonderful you will feel afterwards - you've been waiting for this! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Just think, next week at this time you will be completely pain-free! ((((hugs))))

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Just think, next week at this time you will be completely pain-free! ((((hugs))))

Well, not completely painfree! It is only the pain that is caused by that damaged nerve that will be gone...! But hey, I will be oh so happy for this!!

Karen
02-27-2008, 03:27 PM
We are excited for you, and will keep you in our prayers that everything go as well as it possibly can!

Felicia's Mom
02-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Sending good vibes your way, Lut.

cassiesmom
02-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, not completely painfree! It is only the pain that is caused by that damaged nerve that will be gone...! But hey, I will be oh so happy for this!!
As close to completely pain free as possible, then! I'll be sending positive thoughts and I'll pray. Please tell the nurse-kitties they're on duty again! [[[hug]]]

Pawsitive Thinking
02-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Everything crossed for you - fingers, toes, legs, eyes, pawsies - the lot!

phesina
02-27-2008, 04:44 PM
We're all praying for you and sending you good wishes and strengthening, healing, calming energies, Lut. This is a big day that will be the start of a whole new life for you!

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel (who will be purring to you as they stick those icky electrodes into your back)

Catty1
02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I am praying for you, Sis - I hope during the first part they can at least sedate you a bit or SOMETHING...and I hope it is a quick part of the surgery, so you can be asleep for the rest of it!

As my other late sister used to say about anesthetic(which she liked): "I don't want to be in the room when they're doing that!" :D

Looking forward to having the nerve pain gone for you - and then maybe regular painkillers will work on the rest.

HUGS!

chocolatepuppy
02-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Prayers for you Lut. Hopefully,after this surgery, you will be doing much better! :)

Cincy'sMom
02-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Lots of thoughts and prayers for you Lut!! I sure hope this brings you some much deserved relief!

Medusa
02-27-2008, 06:47 PM
I will be doing a special healing session and a prayer for you that all will go quickly, easily and in peace w/no complications and no pain. I'm excited and happy for you.

lizbud
02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Lut, you have my prayers & best wishes for a completely successful
result with your surgery. I'll think of you on the 29th.

Kfamr
02-27-2008, 06:53 PM
We've got two PT'ers going under the knife Friday - Daisy and Delilah's mom, Terry, is having surgery as well.

Here's to a safe surgery and a quick recovery for you both!

cyber-sibes
02-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Lots of prayers & healing vibes to you. Hope you will finally find some relief from pain. I'll be thinking of you Friday!

slick
02-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Major prayers for you dear Lut coming your way from KA-NA-DA!!!

Gentle {{{hugs}}} to you.
slick xoxo

Daisy and Delilah
02-27-2008, 08:54 PM
You're right Kay!! thanks!

Lut, I will definitely keep yu in my thoughts and prayers. Too bad we aren't closer together, we could be roommates. :) I know you will be so happy to be free of pain.

{{{{{{LUT}}}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
02-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Lut, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I sure hope that everything goes well. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Killearn Kitties
02-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Many healthy vibes coming your way Lut, along with lots to Daisy and Delilah's Mom! I very much hope that you both have a successful day tomorrow, and a speedy recovery. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
02-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Everything crossed for you - fingers, toes, legs, eyes, pawsies - the lot!

And for Terry too :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-28-2008, 04:06 AM
You're right Kay!! thanks!

Lut, I will definitely keep yu in my thoughts and prayers. Too bad we aren't closer together, we could be roommates.

Yes, that would be super!! Would be a very special PT-meeting :)
I want to wish good luck too !!

Daisy and Delilah
02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks everyone :)

Lut, we are getting closer. Are you scared? I'm not so scared of the surgery but the afterwards. I am getting a spacer put in which is no knee at all. No walking for me for an undetermined amount of time. I know we both know that the end result will be worth all the other stuff we have to go through.

We can be strong and we can do this!!

kb2yjx
02-28-2008, 11:44 AM
WOW!! I usually do not meander over this way, but I sure am glad that I did!! Lut, prayers for you! And sending healing vibes, too!!! Sandra

cassiesmom
02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll be sending positive thoughts and I'll pray. [[[hug]]]
Doing both again this evening.

Catty1
02-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Prayers and hugs to both of you!

How long will your hospital stay be?

A pre-Easter pic to cheer you:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-easter-egg-birds.jpg

Daisy and Delilah
02-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Thank you, Candace. The last time I had this surgery, it was the two of us going in at the same time.
I'll be in the hospital for 3-4 days and in rehab for a week or two. It all depends on what the doc finds when he goes in.

We're almost there now, Lut. Be brave! {{{{{HUGS}}}}
I'm looking at mine as the beginning to the end of a nightmare. :)

Ginger's Mom
02-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Thinking of both of you ladies today. {{{hugs}}}

Rachel
02-29-2008, 06:02 AM
Ladies, I don't know the times of your surgeries, but both of you will be in my heart all day. For some reason, I get a lot of comfort from knowing others are praying for me. I hope my prayers can add just a bit of the same for you two.

kittycats_delight
02-29-2008, 06:27 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/Lut.gif

kittycats_delight
02-29-2008, 06:29 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/Terry.gif

RobiLee
02-29-2008, 06:35 AM
You both will be in my thoughts today.

kb2yjx
02-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Extra prayers for you both today!!

Laura's Babies
02-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Thinking of you today, hoping everything goes well for you!

Sonia59
02-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Thinking of you! I hope you feel better soon.

phesina
02-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Prayers and good healing wishes for both of you.

gini
02-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Heartfelt prayers going out to each of you. May this just be the beginning of many years of painfree living. You have been through so much.

xxoo♥♥♥

dukedogsmom
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I hope you made it through this without too much pain. Thinking of you.

ramanth
02-29-2008, 09:09 PM
I hope the surgery went well. *HUGS*

Catty1
02-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Terry and Lut - thinking about you, and prayers that it's all over with and you can HEAL!

Your furry nurses await. :)

gentle {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

cyber-sibes
02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Been thinking of you both - hope all went well!

Felicia's Mom
02-29-2008, 10:06 PM
I hope the surgery is over and was a success.

pitc9
03-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Thinking of you both!!!!

And wishing you both the speedy recoveries!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-01-2008, 09:41 AM
:) I am back home! Everything went well! The first part of the operation went better than first time. Of course it was painful again, but shorter. I sure did NOT feel lonely in that operation room; there were at least 4 extra surgeons, who almost didn't stop talking in English! Why? They all were there to follow and learn all about this new kind of operation.
I am so happy that it is all over now. But I cannot tell yet if it will be a success, because the doctor still has to "activate" that neurostimulator. This will be done during an appointment on monday morning 11am.

Rachel
03-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for checking in. I think you had plenty of *company in spirit* too from all us PTers.

Catty1
03-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Lut! SIS! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I went to find a Welcome Home pic...but saw this and it looked perfect...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-kitten-sleeps-on-dog.jpg

cyber-sibes
03-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Yippee! You sound great, Lut, we'll keep praying all goes well on Monday, too.

Ginger's Mom
03-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Good to hear from you, and I am glad to hear that things went better this time. I hope that you will find things are even better on Monday.

Karen
03-01-2008, 04:51 PM
We are so glad everything went well this time. And hopefully life will get even better after Monday's appointment.

Laura's Babies
03-01-2008, 05:53 PM
GOOD LUCK on Monday! Fingers crossed that this is the relief you need and it works like a charm!!! Glad you are home and doing fine too! As you can tell, we were thinking about you.

krazyaboutkatz
03-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Lut, thanks for checking in with us and I'm glad to hear that everything went well.:) I hope that your doctor's appointment on Mon. also goes well and that you'll be painfree very soon. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

*LabLoverKEB*
03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Prayers and good vibes on the way! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Lut! SIS! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I went to find a Welcome Home pic...but saw this and it looked perfect...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-kitten-sleeps-on-dog.jpg

Awww Candace, what a super-sweet picture!! Thank you so much :)

Thanks dear PT-friends for caring so much about me, I am so thankful !!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Excellent news! good luck today too

JenBKR
03-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Wonderful! Thanks for the update - hope all goes well today. ((((hugs))))

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-03-2008, 08:31 AM
All went well this morning! My neurostimulator is working now. I have a remote control to put it on or off, higher or lower. This is what I was waiting for!!! :)

mina'smomma
03-03-2008, 08:37 AM
We're still keeping our fingers and paws crossed here that everything keeps going great for you hun. It sounds like you're adjusting great. Cadience sends you a big kiss and hug from her to you and the girls send headbumpies.

anna_66
03-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm glad your surgery is over and hope your feeling better:)

Catty1
03-03-2008, 10:16 AM
WOOHOO! And your own switch to flip!

SO glad it is working! *whew* a long wait for you...

Welcome back to life! :D

pitc9
03-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm SO happy to hear everything went well!!

Don't lose your remote!! :D

cassiesmom
03-03-2008, 10:35 AM
We're still keeping our fingers and paws crossed here that everything keeps going great for you. It sounds like you're adjusting great. Cadience sends you a big kiss and hug from her to you and the girls send headbumpies.
Same here and headbumpies from Cassie Cat, too. hughughughug

Randi
03-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I hope the surgery went well for you both and you will be painfree after.

Now, rest up and get better! :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Lut, I'm glad to hear that your neurostimulator is now working. I hope you'll continue to be pain free now.:) Take care. (((HUGS)))

phesina
03-03-2008, 06:21 PM
SUCCESS!!!!! THAT'S SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!

Lut, we wish you the greatest happiness in your new pain-free life.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat and cats

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Extra update

The pain in my leg is GONE GONE GONE !!! Halleluja!!
Of course not all my heath problems are gone; but I am OH SO HAPPY !!

Thank you to everyone who prayed for me! You ROCK !!

anna_66
03-04-2008, 06:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/a-exclaim12.gif

That' awesome to hear Lut! I'm so happy!!!

chocolatepuppy
03-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm so happy for you Lut! :D

Daisy and Delilah
03-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Lut, I'm so glad all went well for you. You deserve to be pain free and feeling great.

Thank you to everbody for all the well wishes and prayers. Once again, the power of PT prayer is amazing!!!! My surgery went well. Yesterday morning I was told that I have NO infection at all in my knee and the best news of all........he had a cancellation for tomorrow morning to put my new knee in!!! YAY!!!! Thanks for all the PT prayers!!!!!!!!

I came home last night for one day(my insurance wouldn't pay for me to stay there for no reason). I was thrilled to see my girls. They were happy to see me too. Their nursing skills are great!! I'll be going back tomorrow morning for another 3 or 4 days and I don't know how much time I can spend at the computer. Right now, I just have a spacer in there and no knee at all. It's not too safe for me to do anything.

I just wanted to update and thank everybody. I agree with Lut-----PT ROCKS!!!! :) :) :)
I'll update when I can. I'm gonna miss my girls again but they are in good hands with family and friends. :)

Medusa
03-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm so happy for you! You sound so good and to have your furkids as nursemaids is just the best. Add PT prayers to the mix and ya can't lose. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Gret, great, great, great, great news! :D

Catty1
03-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Great news all around! :D

Of course, you had the best care:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-kitten-doc.jpg

lizbud
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Great news all around! :D

Of course, you had the best care:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-kitten-doc.jpg

I can see you both are in good hands with great Doctors like that. :)

cyber-sibes
03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Yippee! Now you can get back into the swing of things & enjoy life again! I'm very happy for you, Lut.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/blinkies/SwingKittyV.gif
Daisy & Delila's mommy, that's great news, too. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/blinkies/hands.gif How long till they can put a new knee in?

Sonia59
03-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Great, great news! I think you will enjoy the coming spring very much :)

Logan
07-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Rachel (bless her heart) reminded me this morning that you had this procedure. I had completely forgotten.
Are you still happy and comfortable? Anything about it that you wish were different?
Is the stimulator implanted in your hip with the leads elsewhere?
How long did they make you be inactive after the actual surgery? Do you remember? Seems like I read 2 weeks for the permanent surgery and my doctor's office told me 2 days with the trial. That is a lot of time off of work, but so worth it. I've had every kind of injection (epidurals and facet) and none gave me even a minute's relief.
I am going through the trial for the SCS for 4 days beginning August 4. Mine will be directed at my upper back/neck, where I have so much pain, even after having disk replacement surgery on two disks last year. I am excited, but don't want to get too excited until we see if it works. If it does, then I will go through with the surgery as soon as it can be scheduled with my neurosurgeon. My pain management doctor is doing the trial run and will perform the procedure in his office. My doctors do not believe in treating my pain with heavy narcotics because I have arthritis and it will only get worse over the years and the pain meds will lose their effectiveness.

I would love to hear your thoughts about this since I am facing it in a little over a week. You can read about mine at www.controlyourpain.com .

Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I would love to hear your thoughts about this since I am facing it in a little over a week. You can read about mine at www.controlmypain.com .

Logan

Aw Logan, I wish you ALL the best with your operation!!! I wish the same fantastic result as I have gotten!!
Yes, I am still oh so happy with the result! My life is so much more comfortable!! My stimulator is on my hip, on the left of the backsite. It never annoys me at all! It is connected with electrodes, which are situated behind the bone marrow all the way at the height of my lowest backrib.Is this translated well??? So your stimulator will treat your neckpain? Mine is treating the pain of damaged nerves I got because of a hernia between disc L5-S1.

I don't know what you mean with your question about being inactive after surgery... :confused: . I was in the hospital during 2 days, and I was able to do a little homework after a few days. It took me a while though to get my strenght back, because I had been inactive for such a long time..........

You say that you have got all possitive injections, both facet and epidural. Same thing with me!! It almost nEVER gave me relief too! I was pretty desperate at that time, and so unhappy:(.
But, since the succesful placement of that neurostimulator, My life is back on tracks!!! No more nerve-pain there, strenght in muscles is back, and I was able to get rid of nearly 20kg, a weight I had put on because I had to take so much strong meds years ago!!

Dear Logan, I wish you ALL the best!! I will pray that it will all go as good as for me! I know, the first round went wrong for me, but second time it was perfect!! I will be thinking of you sweety!!!:love:

ps.you may always pm or e-mail me if you need more information!! I can give you my mobile # too if you want!!

Logan
07-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Oh thank you, Lut. You give me hope!!! It has been 2 years, next month, since this round of pain began and it has gotten increasingly worse. My leads will be implanted in the vicinity of C5-C7, so a bit higher than yours. I am so anxious, Lut. I want it to work so badly. I think my situation is so much different than yours as i am able to do things. I just suffer for it afterward; like today when I just had to mow the grass. I can't seem to learn my limitations.
I got the website wrong, earlier. It is www.controlyourpain.com . That's where I read about post surgery recovery being 2 weeks. Here is what it said:
Post Operative. During the two weeks following surgery, it is important to use extreme care so that appropriate healing will secure the implanted components and close the surgical incisions:
Do not lift objects of more than five pounds.
Do not engage in rigorous physical activity such as twisting, bending, or climbing.
If new leads were implanted, do not raise your arms above your head.

We'll see what happens. If you want to, send me a private message or email with your information. I can email or call you with an update after the procedure. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Thanks again, Lut.
Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Post Operative. During the two weeks following surgery, it is important to use extreme care so that appropriate healing will secure the implanted components and close the surgical incisions:
Do not lift objects of more than five pounds.
Do not engage in rigorous physical activity such as twisting, bending, or climbing.
If new leads were implanted, do not raise your arms above your head.

Thanks again, Lut.
Logan

These limitations are absolutely correct Logan!! The worst one, in my opinion, was that I wasn't allowed to raise my hands above my head...! Not easy to wash hair!!!
I will send you a pm!