PDA

View Full Version : Dog Food?

jackiesdaisy1935
08-19-2002, 08:54 AM
Has anyone had any experience with the natural 'Solid Gold Dog Food'? We are looking into trying it and wondered if anyone else has used it.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

turner
08-19-2002, 09:24 AM
Sorry can't say I have used that one.

I feed my dogs Nutro Lamb & Rice! I have been told that it is a very good product as it has no chicken by products in it. And it is also good for their bones (especially big dogs like rotties)

sorry couldn't be of more help...

BuddTX
08-19-2002, 03:31 PM
I do not know anything about that dog food, except for the fact that it is concidered a "super premium" dog food. Any "super premium" dog food usually has an army of supporters.

I like Neura Wellness from OldMotherHubbard. I have absolutely no affilation with the company, I just really like their dry dog food, and wellness treats.

Check them out at:

www.oldmotherhubbard.com

That said, ANY dog food, some dogs will not like, or not react well to the food, so you have to pay attention to your dog when switching dog foods.

primabella
08-19-2002, 05:35 PM
how's purina dog food? or iams? i have never heard of those products that you mentioned, sorry.

KYS
08-19-2002, 06:36 PM
Jackie, I never used Solid Gold either, but
I have heard it was a very good food.

Crikit
08-19-2002, 07:19 PM
Hey Jackie my agility parents (long story) feed solid gold to either their JRT I think it's either him or their papillions but I think they give it to Jack and they swear by it and I must say he's a fantastic looking dog great coat nice teeth all that good stuff.

wolf_Q
08-19-2002, 08:05 PM
No idea......sounds expensive though lol......solid gold ;D

Right now I'm buying Pedigree. I'm poor.

Logan
08-19-2002, 09:56 PM
Jackie, I haven't used it, but I have heard good things about Solid Gold. Any specific reason that you are looking to switch foods now? Just make sure that you make the change gradually, otherwise you might have a real "mess" on your hands!!! :o

shais_mom
08-20-2002, 12:13 AM
I have heard only good things about it!
I really like the holistic foods. I had the best luck with Shaianne on Royal Canin Holistic Blend.
Good luck and let us know!

C.C.'s Mom
08-20-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by primabella
how's purina dog food? or iams? i have never heard of those products that you mentioned, sorry.

My dog likes it a lot! At the petstore they always have a large collection of kibbles for dogs to try (dogfeeders all over the place, so it's not easy to go shopping with your dog!) and Cookie always goes to the Purina Dog Food first. Here it's sold as Premium food.

Fuzzy317
08-20-2002, 03:42 AM
We feed the 2 adult dogs, Eli and Sassee, Pedigree. We feed the puppy, Ginger, the PetsMart store brand Authority for Large Breed Puppies.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-20-2002, 06:16 AM
Drake used to get Eukanuba, and we slowly switched him over to Bil-Jac. He is on a dry/raw diet now. It's high maintenance, but he loves it and it is great for him.

I have heard great things about Solid Gold. What are you feeding them now?

TopSpoT
08-20-2002, 08:21 AM
I've heard great things about Solid Gold.

I don't like Purina or any other grocery store brand for my guys, they are allergic to corn.

I liked Iams pretty good, but I am using Diamond Pro-Premium now, but switching to Diamond Lamb & Rice.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-20-2002, 09:14 AM
We came across a brochure of 'Solid Gold' and the company is local. Right now we are feeding them 'Natures Recipe' Lamb and Rice'. In looking at the Solid Gold, it is all natural, no additives, they have canned, dry and treats and a lot of other things. Of course you have to be very careful as it doesn't keep as long as other food.
We are still thinking about it and we understand that we would have to introduce it in their diet very carefully. right now we are in the stage of looking what would be best for them.
It seems to be getting hard to find the 'Natures Recipe' and Petco and Petsmart have been running out of the canned dog food, when we need it. We aren't sure yet what we will do.
I won't be on here for a couple of days, we are taking Perry and Daisy to Palm Springs for a little R & R and leaving at noon.
You all take care.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry] http://www.solidgoldhealth.com

manda99
08-20-2002, 09:18 PM
I feed Smokey Natural Blend Puppy Food
http://www.naturalblend.com/

He likes it. I switched from Iams to Purina to this because he was too gassy with the others.

shais_mom
08-20-2002, 11:53 PM
I forgot to say that I am feeding Keegan Premium Edge Chicken and Rice made by Diamond Pet Foods but it is much better than Diamond. I buy it from a lady who raises only show-quality labradors and that is all she feeds them. Keegan really likes it, If i wasn't Premium Edge I would be feeding her Royal Canin Holistic Blend. Solid Gold isn't availbable around here other than mail order. Pet Supplies Plus had it for a very short time.
I tried Innova and Keegan liked it just ok, but she likes the Premium Edge alot better. Whatever they eat I prefer my dogs either holistic or on Lamb and Rice or Chicken and Rice, less chance of allergies.