PDA

View Full Version : Bruises?

animal_rescue
02-26-2008, 09:45 PM
So I have these bruises on my leg and well I haven't really been paying attention to how long I've had these bruises but I have quite a few on the bottom part of my left leg and one huge one on my knee area on my right leg. They've been there for awhile and I don't know how I go them. I'm thinking it might be from working out since I just recently started working out about 2 weeks ago and they are mostly leg exercises that I do. Does anyone know if you can get bruises just from working out?

Karen
02-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Have you had a blood test lately to make sure you are not anemic? I don't think you can get bruises just from working out, unless you bump stuff while you do. I bruise very easily, always have, and poor Paul worries about it, even when I don't!

Catlady711
02-27-2008, 10:57 PM
I would definately check with your doctor just to be sure it isn't something else causing the bruising, especially if they've been there for a while and are getting new ones.

On a side note, I once started getting strange little bruises on my shins ( at the time I was also slightly anemic too) and I couldn't figure out where I'd gotten them from. Well one day while making the bed (a water bed with those nice wooden sides) I realized I'd been locking my legs and leaning in with my shins braced on the wood to reach the far side of the bed without having to crawl on the bed (it was against a wall so I couldn't walk around it). So that answered the where part for me. lol

kitten645
02-28-2008, 01:50 AM
I once went to a doctors appointment and was asked if my husband hit me! I was beyond shocked! Goodness no! They ran tests and said I had very "thin" blood. Goodness it's the only THIN part of me. LOL In any case, I bruise easily and shouldn't take asperin. On the pluss side, I'm less likely to have a heart problem.

animal_rescue
02-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks, yea I talked to my mom. Hopefully I can get in and get it all checked out.

RedHedd
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I've gotten bruising from working out in my knee area - mostly because I haz old knees and get strains. I know now to lay off and do just gentle yoga stretches for a bit until the bruising dies down, which it does.

Catlady711
02-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I once went to a doctors appointment and was asked if my husband hit me! I was beyond shocked! Goodness no! They ran tests and said I had very "thin" blood. Goodness it's the only THIN part of me. LOL In any case, I bruise easily and shouldn't take asperin. On the pluss side, I'm less likely to have a heart problem.

Do you take vitamin E or eat alot of stuff with vit. E in it? My mom takes Vit. E and her dr. said because of that she doesn't have to take blood thinners or asprin for her heart.