PDA

View Full Version : Coffee stain in carpet... help - best way to remove?

CountryWolf07
02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
My clumsy self, I accidentally spilled coffee last night while I fell asleep for a nap, I must've knocked it over, so, I have a stain, I have tried to remove it with laundry detergent, seems to work, but I can still see it. However do you have ANY better tips to get this god forbid stain out of my bedroom carpet? It needs to be gone by the time I move out in June. Thanks! :)

caseysmom
02-26-2008, 07:13 PM
I dilute some stuff I think its called oxyclean, its a powder...

Taz_Zoee
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
I use Resolve carpet cleaner (in the spray bottle) on my carpet. But you can also try Oxy Clean. Comes in powder form in a small bucket. Test it on a small area first. You can get either of these cleaners at a regular grocery store, I believe.
Others may have more options for you too.

ETA: LOL, Caseysmom, you posted while I was still composing mine. Yes, Oxi Clean (I just looked and noticed I spelled it wrong before).

caseysmom
02-26-2008, 07:23 PM
hehe great minds think alike! Resolve works well too.

Taz_Zoee
02-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I think Resolve works well if you get it right away. I have a spot in the bedroom that I think is Zoee puke, it is still there. I think I'm going to try the Oxi Clean on that spot. If that works then that is the miracle stain remover. :)

joycenalex
02-27-2008, 09:20 PM
oxiclean and a steam cleaner. alex the wonder dog helped himself to a cuppa while we lived in the apartment several years ago, the oxyclean and little green machine lifted the spot/sploch right out beautifully.

Catlady711
02-27-2008, 10:03 PM
This may sound a bit nuts but...

I use the same product for getting kitty vomit stains out as I do for my regular carpet stains. I use Vet Solutions Carpet Stain and Odor Eliminator. I've taken ketchup and mustards stains out of a light colored berber carpet with it before.