PDA

View Full Version : For everyone who wanted snow in Ohio

Medusa
02-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Ya happy now?! :mad: Snowed all night, all day today and it's still snowing! Aaaaaaaaaaargh! I have a gravel driveway and most won't plow a gravel driveway. There's at least a foot w/more piled up at the bottom due to the snow plow which woke me up at 5:00 AM. Since I didn't get to sleep until 4:30 AM, I just loved that! Not! So, ok. Who wants to send me donations to buy me a new house in Hawaii? ;) :p

davidpizzica
02-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Ya happy now?! :mad: Snowed all night, all day today and it's still snowing! Aaaaaaaaaaargh! I have a gravel driveway and most won't plow a gravel driveway. There's at least a foot w/more piled up at the bottom due to the snow plow which woke me up at 5:00 AM. Since I didn't get to sleep until 4:30 AM, I just loved that! Not! So, ok. Who wants to send me donations to buy me a new house in Hawaii? ;) :p
Medusa, I can use a few donations like that, too! Your Ohio snow frequently becomes Pittsburgh snow and I'm usually the lucky guy that has to go out and shovel it!

Edwina's Secretary
02-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Please...may I have a little bit of your snow???

CountryWolf07
02-26-2008, 05:42 PM
That's what I heard.

Cleveland is getting slammed, however here in Columbus, we aren't. We always get the ice/rain/wintry mix instead. It sucks. :(

Hopefully this clears up/lightens up by the weekend so Mike can come down and visit.

RobiLee
02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't think we have had as much snow as you have had, Mary. What part of Ohio do you live in? I'm in south central Ohio and for so long the snow seemed to keep missing us. I was longing for a good snowfall. We finally got it not too long ago and now it keeps coming. Nothing major and like Rachel said mostly a mixture of rain, snow, sleet, ice. Now like you I am sick of it. I'm ready for my yard to be green again and to get my backyard nice and dry and as green as it can be. My pups have been having a blast in it but they now have my backyard a huge mess.

I've had enough!

Kfamr
02-26-2008, 05:57 PM
NO! Because I'm not there anymore. :p

Cincy'sMom
02-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I don't want to rub it in, but I just tell ya'll how glad I am to be in So. Cal. this week. :D :p What are the chances it will all melt before I arrive 3:30pm back in love Detroit, Michigan on Thursday (And Toledo Ohio, shortly after that)?

I am so glad I parked on-site in covered parking!!!

Medusa
02-26-2008, 06:07 PM
What part of Ohio do you live in?
I live equidistant to Akron and Canton. It's times like this when I question why I moved back here from Arizona.

chocolatepuppy
02-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Ya happy now?!
Sorry, but yes. :p Pm me your address and I will send you a few dollars to help you with your move. :D
Angie, where are you when I need backup? ;)

CountryWolf07
02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not happy, ha ha - I heard there's another storm coming by the weekend to hit Northern Ohio.. and I'm like, really hoping that Mike will be able to come down.. I'm being selfish.. I guess. I haven't seen him in 2 weeks. =( I can't wait for SPRING to be here so no more of this snow crap.

Medusa
02-26-2008, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=chocolatepuppy] Pm me your address and I will send you a few dollars to help you with your move. :D [QUOTE]

Ok, cool! A couple hundred thousand ought to get me off to a fairly good start. :rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
02-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Ok, cool! A couple hundred thousand ought to get me off to a fairly good start. :rolleyes:

Ah, I didn't mean quite that much money! :o I love snow but am not thrilled with the predicted total of 10-12". I'm getting too old for this shoveling! I do however love playing with the dogs in it. :cool: btw, I'd say we have 6-7" here right now.

shais_mom
02-26-2008, 10:06 PM
yupper its been snowing here since about 9pm Monday nite and its now after 11 and STILL snowing!

Marigold2
02-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Lots of snow here on the west side of Cleveland, so beautiful, so peaceful, so breathtaking. I love the snow. Bring it on.

Marigold2
02-27-2008, 07:11 AM
I can see how it would be afwul with a gravel driveway. Sorry about that. Summer will be here before you know it.

Medusa
02-27-2008, 07:17 AM
I can see how it would be afwul with a gravel driveway. Sorry about that. Summer will be here before you know it.
Yes, I've been planning on putting in a cement drive since I bought his house 3 years ago but I always end up doing some other major renovation on the inside of the house instead. I'm currently waiting for an estimate to gut and remodel my master bath. In the winter I like to do the interior of the house but it's times like this that I regret that decision. Two years ago I had a new brick walkway and patio installed and new landscaping done and I'm glad I did but I should've done the driveway, too. Summer can't come soon enough for me.

pitc9
02-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Angie, where are you when I need backup? ;)

Here I am Annette! *waves frantically* Sorry I was stuck in a snow drift and was loving every second if it! LOL! :p

Ahhh yes... THIS is why I love living in Ohio!! THE SNOW!! :D
OMG.. I am happy as can be! :D :D

I have about 6 inches on the ground at home and I'm waiting for the rest! :p

I took pictures of the pups yesterday when I came home from work, I'll post them today in Dog General!
They're just as happy about the snow as I am!

I also have a gravel drive way and a 4 wheel drive blazer. So all I do is drive up and down the drive packing it all down! Unless my nice neighbor comes over again with his huge tractor and plows it again like he has a few times this year.

cloverfdx
02-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Woohooo snow. I am getting excited because the tree's are starting to change colour and the nights are getting cold.. bring on Winter.

Pssst Angie i cannot wait to see your pics :D.

cyber-sibes
02-27-2008, 10:20 AM
:( *sigh* I wish I was still there in NW Ohio for all this snow - Star & Jack would LOVE it! Poor huskies, they've been keeping all paws crossed all winter for snow, & all we've had here is about 3 snowfalls with only a couple inches each time. Enjoy it while it lasts, you lucky Ohioans!

dukedogsmom
02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I want some! I wish I were there. Dasher and I could make snow angels and snowdogs.

Medusa
02-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Finally got my driveway plowed and it's snowing really hard again. Sure hope I don't have to get the driveway done twice.

Medusa
02-27-2008, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=pitc9]

I also have a gravel drive way and a 4 wheel drive blazer. So all I do is drive up and down the drive packing it all down!QUOTE]

I had a 4 wheel drive Blazer before I bought my new car. I'm wishing I had it now, that's for sure.