PDA

View Full Version : Massive Power Outage in Florida

dukedogsmom
02-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Thankfully not here. But it goes from Daytona down to Miami, leaving approximately 680,000 people without power. Looting is being feared as it gets closer to dark. And, my new "smart" phone doesn't copy/paste so I can't provide a link. There is a tornado watch for my area, though. It's so muggy and gloomy here.

Freedom
02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Here is a link:

http://rhodeisland.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D8V28C9O0&_action=validatearticle

Ginger's Mom
02-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the link, Sandie. They make it sound like it is mostly cleared up, and power should be restored to most areas by dark. My Dad lives in St. Lucie County, I will have to give him a call when I get home. I have a feeling he won't have a clue anything happened. ;)

pitc9
02-26-2008, 04:16 PM
My co-workers son was in a mall in FL today when the power went out.
I hope people don't get stupid later tonight and start looting. :(

It's so muggy and gloomy here.

Wanna come visit me? It's 28F and it's been snowing ALL day long! :D

I hope the Tornado watch expires soon Val!

CamCamPup33
02-26-2008, 04:50 PM
My school was out of power all day! It sucked...so hot, and no lights.

Medusa
02-26-2008, 05:08 PM
I hope FL can get their power restored soon. It can always get worse, though. About a month ago, it was 4 degrees here and we had a power outage at night for approx. 5 hours. Thank goodness for fireplaces.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
We weren't affected by that power outage, but we did lose power for a few hours due to the storm that's going through. Poor Nathan thought it was bedtime at 6:00.

Kfamr
02-26-2008, 08:28 PM
We weren't affected by that power outage, but we did lose power for a few hours due to the storm that's going through. Poor Nathan thought it was bedtime at 6:00.

Ditto here. We were only out for about 45 minutes, though.

Daisy and Delilah
02-26-2008, 11:58 PM
We lost power for about an hour. The house was starting to feel like a sauna. It was around 86 degrees outside. I'm so glad it came back on so quick. Listening to the news on tv(at my doctor's office)was really scary. I had never seen anything like that before and nobody knew what the heck was going on. Alot of things were going through my head.
My son's theory was that all Floridians cranked up our AC at the same time and blew the power out :p

Pam
02-27-2008, 06:00 AM
I thought of all of you Florida folks. I'm so glad it didn't last too long and affect things in the freezer, etc. That's what I worry about when we have little power failures here in the summer. Terry, I just can't relate to a house feeling like a sauna right now! LOL! :D :p