PDA

View Full Version : Morning TV viewing

Pam
02-26-2008, 09:17 AM
We have a TV in our kitchen because hubby and I like to watch the morning and evening news while we eat. That said, I find that my co-workers are pretty much like we are with their TV viewing habits. It seems that at my office Good Morning America is the preferred morning program. I thought a poll might be nice here. Which program do you prefer if you ever get the time to watch - - Good Morning America or The Today Show or something else?

Oops I was going to add a poll but I did something wrong. :rolleyes:

moosmom
02-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Pam,

I think all you have to do is go into "edit" then scroll down to the bottom. It'll ask you if you want a poll. Not sure if you can only do it at the very beginning of a thread or at the end as well.

Grace
02-26-2008, 09:21 AM
One vote for something else.

If I should happen to turn on the TV in the early morning hours, which is highly doubtful, I tune in either CNN or ESPN Sports Center. I want real news, not the fluff stuff on the alphabet networks.

Pam
02-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Pam,

I think all you have to do is go into "edit" then scroll down to the bottom. It'll ask you if you want a poll. Not sure if you can only do it at the very beginning of a thread or at the end as well.

Thanks but I don't see where I can add one. It looks like I could add an attachment though. :confused: (something I don't want to do :p )

beeniesmom
02-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I prefer CNN in the morning, if I have time to turn it on for a few minutes before I leave for work.

Randi
02-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Pam, I believe once you have posted a thread, you cannot put a poll up, neither in Edit. You have to do it when you start the thread. What you could do is delete this one and put it up again. ;) Then you will have the option.

Concerning morning TV, I don't even have space for one in my kitchen, and if I had, I doubt I'd look at it in the morning - unless some very exiting Breaking News was on.

RobiLee
02-26-2008, 09:54 AM
I hardly ever turn the tv on in the morning. In fact I don't really turn it on all day unless it is to listen to one of the music channels. It seems lately I only watch tv in the evenings and I am ashamed to admit that lately I haven't been keeping up on the news. :o

I use to watch the Today show all the time in the past and then I would watch Regis and Kelly and liked listening to their first part of the show where they do all the chatter stuff.

Then I started working days and just never really watched morning tv again.

Trisst
02-26-2008, 11:58 AM
If you want to start over to add a poll delete this thread and make a new one. If you want you can copy paste your words so you dont have to bother writing it all over again! :p

RICHARD
02-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Dang, I multimedia!

I radio for a few minutes :eek: I usually watch 4 different new channels to see if the world ended while I am asleep and to see how many different versions of one story there are.

We have one of the most obnoxious news/a-holery programs on Fox-mornings.

Good Day L.A. - My mom tunes it in to see the 'fashion' of Jillian Barberie.
She has the filthiest looking hair on TV and dresses like a hooker on a budget. :rolleyes:

I love Robin Meade. :D

Logan
02-26-2008, 12:03 PM
We watch our local news, then the beginning of The Today Show when we're getting ready in the morning. I like the Today show much better these days with Meredith and my husband does too. When Katie Couric was on it, he refused to watch. :p Back then, we usually watched Fox and Friends in the mornings, but I didn't like it when ED Hill wasn't on it.

AdoreMyDogs
02-26-2008, 02:54 PM
I absolutely love the Today Show. I usually have PBS on for Quinn now, though, even though I'd prefer to watch Today show over Sesame Street :)

Ginger's Mom
02-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I watch the local NBC news from 6:30-7:00 then I usually take the dog out for a walk and get ready for work. However, having said that Today Show is what is on in the background while I am getting ready to leave.

Moesha
02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Good Morning America for us.

Freedom
02-26-2008, 03:39 PM
The first hour of the Today Show is news and such and I like that. I used to watch it every morning, did that for years.

Dad prefers Headline News, CNN and others, so I don't get to see it as much now. And I much prefer Katie over Meredith!

Alysser
02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I usually watch the travel channel in the morning or Nickelodeon, whatever is on. Sometimes I'll watch the news but I prefer CNN over the today show or any of those other news shows.

Edwina's Secretary
02-26-2008, 04:09 PM
The only time I watch the morning news is when I am traveling...then my preference is CNN Headline News.

In Chicago we would watch Good Morning America on weekend and holidays. I have no idea why we do not do so here. My husband is in charge of the t.v. (I think it has something to do with the t.v. scheduling here...)

pitc9
02-26-2008, 04:18 PM
If Good Morning America comes on and I'm still sitting on my arse drinking my coffee that means I'm going to be late for work!! :o

I watch my local news from 6:15am till I have to get in the shower at 6:45am.

lizbud
02-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't watch any early morning TV. If I'm home I tune in on local news
around 10:30 and CNN for world news after that.

ps I can't stand any show where the women all talk at the same time.
Drives me crazy. :p

Pam
02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
If Good Morning America comes on and I'm still sitting on my arse drinking my coffee that means I'm going to be late for work!! :o

I watch my local news from 6:15am till I have to get in the shower at 6:45am.

Your schedule sounds like mine on the days I work (I am part-time). I must be in the shower at 6:45 too and so I check the local news before then. Once Good Morning America comes on I really need to pay attention to the clock! :p

Thank you all for bearing with me about the poll. I hated to delete the thread and start over and lose everyone's replies. I will be more careful next time. It's not like I haven't posted a poll before. :rolleyes: :o

Rachel
02-26-2008, 05:31 PM
The time that I have the morning shows turned on would probably be after I start work, from 8 - 9 am. I would say that I turn on ABC and NBC equally. Since I am working, I rarely actually *watch* what's on, unless something happens to catch my eye. I think I have it on more as company than anything else.

CamCamPup33
02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
It's not exactly an EARLY morning show, but Live With Regis and Kelly! I don't think I ever laugh harder watching any other TV show...other than when I watch Ellen Degeneres in the afternoon.