PDA

View Full Version : Odd thing with opening MS Word document

Catty1
02-25-2008, 10:53 PM
When I go to open a Word document - one I did a while ago, or even one I downloaded lately from an email, something funny happens.

If I double click it, it opens totally blank - not even a white sheet in it. Just the frame, and that slate blue colour.

If I right-click on it and choose "Open", it is fine.

I just started using a wireless mouse recently, but am not sure what that would have to do with it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Medusa
02-26-2008, 08:01 AM
I can't offer any theories but I can tell you that since I got a Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse, I've had more grief than you can imagine. And, of course, Dell refuses to send live tech support. I had the entire tower taken apart and strewn all over my floor while talking to tech support on the phone. Four and a half hours later, the problem still hasn't been solved. They will only send live tech support if it's a hardware problem and they claim it's a software problem. So I have my old computer guy on standby should anything happen again. I will never buy from Dell again. This computer is only a year old.

Catty1
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I have an older Dell keyboard - no problem at all! Seems since the HP mouse appeared...but this may have happened BEFORE that, not sure. Once or twice, you think it's a fluke!

And yes, you know what Dell rhymes with...LOL.. NO aftermarket parts, so you're paying NEW price for a drum cartridge for an older printer likely not worth that much...

I did track down a remanufactured cartridge in CA for 1/3 the price- and it is working fine! :)

RICHARD
02-26-2008, 12:03 PM
On my computer if I reboot the whole thing and open anything with a Right click it will not let me open anything with the left mouse button, unless I reboot again and use the LMB.

It's a friggen DELL mouse, too. :eek:

Catty1
02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
This mouse is an HP...go figure.

Oh, well - I'll gladly right-click for the opportunity to scroll down a page! :)

And hint - when the batteries give out, replace them with Energizer Lithium AA batteries. They last forever! (I use them for my digital camera now - and they are STILL great after a few months. I used to have to recharge the rechargeable ones every WEEK. And they were MADE for items like the camera)