PDA

View Full Version : The sparrow visits!

Trisst
02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Once ,when i was about 7 or 6, we were in our house on a peaceful hot sunday. i went upstairs and found a little sparrow fluttering about on the carpet. I ran and fetched my parents who were actually able to pick up the poor bird. I dont know what happned but every time it tried to fly it sort of glided to the ground. Its wings went broken. I think it was shock. Anyway we went and put it in our old bird cage and gave it food and water. ive forgotten how long we kept it. about a week maybe less i dunno ive forgotten. What i do remeber is that when we freed him he flew off into the trees and perched on one not far. Then he flew off.
From then on every day, a sparrow would come and perch on our windowsill during breakfast. Our parents used it as an excuse saying it wanted us to eat our meal but i saw it as something different. What i saw was a grateful bird coming to thank us. The bird stayed with us a long time but then every day is a long time for children so again i dont know how long. But one day it didnt come. And that was that.
When i grew up and learned some senses i began to see that the sparrow didnt nessisarily have to be the one we saved and it might ave just been coming for the seed we put for the pigions after breakfast. But ill never forget that bird we save and likewise for the one that came and cheered me up every breakfast morning. :)

pitc9
03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
That's a great story!
I believe that it was the same sparrow coming back to visit!