PDA

View Full Version : Cat born with a brain disorder that makes her jiggle

Anikaca77
02-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm looking for a kitten for my one friend and I came across this ad on Petfinder.

I thought this cat sounded a lot like something with a c word.

I think 2 of your guys on here have a cat like this if I'm correct. I just figured I'd pass this along incase someone would like to adopt her.

Melissa

cat: Dsh
2-24-2008

Id: 1566960

Owner: Altoona, PA
[email protected]
Rich

Name: Jello

Sex: Female

Size: Medium

Jello is a beautiful short hair Cat. She is a little timid at first but will warm up to u. Her name is unique, cause she was born with a brain disorder that makes her jiggle. The vet said she is very healthy just wiggles when is walks. She is spayed and we love her to death, she is my special kitty. The problem is that my Husband and son has developed allergys to her. Please if you could find a place in your heart and home, please email me...NOTE she does NOT require special needs, she is very normal and healthy...

nancys
02-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I hope you find a good home for her - wishing you luck. :)

catmandu
02-25-2008, 03:28 PM
She Sounds Purrrfect For The Found Cat Paradise Hotel, But Sdaly I Am Standing Pat With The Residents We Have Now As They Probably Are Going To Need Some Major Vet Care Soon, As 5 Are Over 14 Years Old.
We Are Praying She Gets A Furrever Home.

Anikaca77
02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Awww...I'm praying she finds a home as well. I just can't think of what that diease it sounds like she has that I've heard of before on here.

She Sounds Purrrfect For The Found Cat Paradise Hotel, But Sdaly I Am Standing Pat With The Residents We Have Now As They Probably Are Going To Need Some Major Vet Care Soon, As 5 Are Over 14 Years Old.
We Are Praying She Gets A Furrever Home.

Karen
02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
It is called Cerebellar Hypoplasia.

lvpets2002
02-25-2008, 04:05 PM
It is called Cerebellar Hypoplasia.
;) Yes Karen your so right.. Remember I have 2 babies with this Taccoa & ButterScotch.. Pat has Elmer {Taccoa's Bo} & Laura has Amy.. I do hope this baby gets the great home she deserves.. PA is a bit far from me in Tx.. I know there is several PT'rs in that area.. Hopfully someone can help.. Good Luck wittle one..

critters
02-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Could you get a link for Jello, and I'll crosspost her? She sounds pretty mildly CH.

Medusa
02-25-2008, 05:39 PM
My Creamsicle has vestibular hypoplasia which means that the disease also affected her hearing causing deafness. CH is not a problem for most pet owners, so I do hope that you're able to place Jello quickly w/no problem whatsoever and no allergies for the new family.

Anikaca77
02-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Could you get a link for Jello, and I'll crosspost her? She sounds pretty mildly CH.

http://www.petfinder.com/classifieds/searchClassified.cgi?state=PA&order=ddate+DESC&keyword=&type=P

cat: Dsh

2-24-2008

Id:

Owner:

Altoona, PA
[email protected]
Rich

Name:

Jello

Adult

Sex:

Female

Size:

Medium

Jello is a beautiful short hair Cat. She is a little timid at first but will warm up to u. Her name is unique, cause she was born with a brain disorder that makes her jiggle. The vet said she is very healthy just wiggles when is walks. She is spayed and we love her to death, she is my special kitty. The problem is that my Husband and son has developed allergys to her. Please if you could find a place in your heart and home, please email me...NOTE she does NOT require special needs, she is very normal and healthy...

Remove

Since I found it on petfinder I can't select her ad to view it for some reason.

Anikaca77
02-26-2008, 05:29 AM
I remember seeing videos that you had posted of your babies while they were eating..

I wish I could take in another cat but with 6 right now I'm at my limit plus with renting I don't want to get into any trouble...

;) Yes Karen your so right.. Remember I have 2 babies with this Taccoa & ButterScotch.. Pat has Elmer {Taccoa's Bo} & Laura has Amy.. I do hope this baby gets the great home she deserves.. PA is a bit far from me in Tx.. I know there is several PT'rs in that area.. Hopfully someone can help.. Good Luck wittle one..

critters
02-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Got it. Thanks!!

smokey the elder
02-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Definitely sounds like a CH kitty. RB Diva had it really bad, but my new kitten Spike has a very mild case of it.

Anikaca77
02-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi All,

I just heard back from the owner of Jello and here is what she has to say. As soon as I get the photos I'll post them incase someone is interested in adopting her I will be willing to drive her there depending on how far away you are..

Hello, Jello is about 4 years old. And yes, she lives with 2 other cats that I am also trying to find a home for, where are you located? ANy other questions, please ask, I will send a photo...

Catty1
02-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh dear...I wish her family could take some antihistamines until these babies find a home!

Prayers for a good home soon...

Anikaca77
02-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Here's another e-mail I got from her.

Jello, is not a special needs kitty. She is normal and heathly in every meaning of the word. Yes she jiggles, somedays more then others, all the time really. But she plays and runs around just like my "normal" Cats. She is my baby and it kills me to even think of giving her up. I just think that is wonderful, and normal even though she is shakie.....

Melanie

Anikaca77
02-26-2008, 03:33 PM
I know I wish that too. My husband is allergic as well and deals with it, plus we have 6.

Oh dear...I wish her family could take some antihistamines until these babies find a home!

Prayers for a good home soon...

jennielynn1970
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
So, what about your friend adopting her if she's looking for a kitty? Adopting a special needs animal is a very rewarding thing to do. There are so many adult cats that need homes, not to mention the special needs kitties out there. Maybe you can talk her into taking the special needs kitty, Jello, and her roommates, since the owner is trying to place them too!

Anikaca77
02-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Sad to say since I found Jello...my friend found a kitten as well..I know I wish I could help out this cat..I did e-mail the lady though and tell her that people can take meds for their allergies to cats and my husband is a great example of it

So, what about your friend adopting her if she's looking for a kitty? Adopting a special needs animal is a very rewarding thing to do. There are so many adult cats that need homes, not to mention the special needs kitties out there. Maybe you can talk her into taking the special needs kitty, Jello, and her roommates, since the owner is trying to place them too!

phesina
02-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Will the husband and son at least try allergy medications to see if those might solve the problem? Are they allergic to all three of the cats or just Jello?

Elmer is very concerned.. we all are, especially if all three of them need to find new homes.

Catty1
02-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I hope her husband and son try some meds...they have non-sleepy ones these days.

If they really DO love these cats, I think they would at least try it.

Anikaca77
02-27-2008, 08:46 AM
I e-mailed the lady who is giving Jello away and told her that people can take meds if they are allergic but I haven't heard anything else yet.

I wish I could take her in but with my house hold right now I just can't take in any more animals.

I attached a picture of Jello.

Here was her other post about her other 2 cats that also need to find a home as well. It's just so sad that people can't take meds or try to to save these 3 animals. My husband has some flair ups but he deals.

cat: DLH & DSH
2-24-2008

Id: 1566955

Owner: Altoona, PA
[email protected]

Name: Waffle & Jr

Sex: Male

Size: Large

I have 2 beautiful Cats for Adoption. Waffle is a Long haired Orange and White Cat, He acts just like a dog. He gets a long with other cats and Dogs, Although it may take him awhile to adjust to tell, as in any other Animal. Jr. is a Domestic Short hair Cat he is also a Polydactyl,(has extra Toes in the front). He is also a very friendly cat. They are both about 2 yrs old, and Neutered. I REALLY hate to get rid of these guys, i have had them since they were young. My son and husband both developed allergys to them. I would love for them to go together, they are buddies. I would love for them to have the best possible homes..Please if you are interested, please email me and i can send your photo's. Thank you so much

Will the husband and son at least try allergy medications to see if those might solve the problem? Are they allergic to all three of the cats or just Jello?

Elmer is very concerned.. we all are, especially if all three of them need to find new homes.

phesina
02-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Anikaca77, have you heard anything more from her about the cats?.. or if they are going to give allergy meds a try?

Anikaca77
02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Anikaca77, have you heard anything more from her about the cats?.. or if they are going to give allergy meds a try?

No I haven't heard any thing more about these cats or if they are going to try meds.

I think they should and I think I might of ticked her off by saying that maybe.

Melissa

Medusa
03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
No I haven't heard any thing more about these cats or if they are going to try meds.

I think they should and I think I might of ticked her off by saying that maybe.

Melissa
Yeah, people hate it when you actually come up w/a solution. It wasn't what she wanted to hear. I sure hope the cats find a good, permanent home.

phesina
03-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, Mary, I bet you're right. I get the idea she just wants to get rid of the "problem" at this point but doesn't want to have a guilty conscience about it. "..But I really TRIED EVERYTHING to find a home for them!" And then Melissa was so rude as to suggest something she hadn't tried.