PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer's teaching Flutter his old tricks

catnapper
02-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Many of you who've been here forever know of Pouncer's paw troubles.... like how he likes to declaw himself manually. Well, Ms. Flutter is taking lesson because she ripped a nail out herself. Meowmie was a mess when she discovered it this afternoon. Flutter was annoyed that meowmie kept checking out her paw to see the poor toe that used to have a nail, that now only sports a fleshy vein.

All is well.... of COURSE it happened over a weekend (don't these things always happen on a weekend?) and I decided she'll heal to purrfection without a vet trip. She's already forgotten about the incident and running about at full speed. I think she's more traumatized by the clipping of all her other nails as soon as I realized she ripped one out. :rolleyes:

Hubby's been commenting all week that she's been getting her nails caught on the blanket.... I wish I'd have listened to him earlier :o I just didn't want to trim her nails since I keep them a bit longer because she uses them to get up on the bed, chairs, cat tree, etc. They're not longer anymore. And everyone else got a nice trim too.

Here's a recent(ish) photo of my good little patient.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/greenie.jpg

PS: Pouncer's a silly little brat who's surgery was finally paid off last week :D Every time I call the vet (I called friday to order more food) they all ask how he's doing and tell me how much they love him. Glad I have a famous kitty everyone loves.

rg_girlca
02-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Poor sweet Flutter. I pray that your widdle paw heals up well without meowmie having to take you to the whitecoats. That must have hurt like the dickens though when that happened. Love your picture, sweet thing. :)

Awww Kim, who can help but love your Pouncer. :D

Killearn Kitties
02-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Poor Flutter! I'm glad that she seems none the worse for her experience. She is a very beautiful little patient.

jennielynn1970
02-25-2008, 06:04 AM
YEOUCH!!! I never knew that Pouncer declawed himself, and now Flutter did it too?! YIKES!!! Is it that it gets caught and gets ripped out, or that they actually rip it out themselves?! :eek: I just cannot imagine what they would be thinking doing that..."hmmmm... let's see how much this will hurt." You got some crazy cats!! ;)

catmandu
02-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Pouncer Angel will have to fly by and tell her Little Protege not to do these silly things that make Ouchies, and not to teach Flutter how to do these things either.
She thought as Pouncer matured, he would taech the Young Cats the errors of his Kittenhood.
Oh well accidents will happen.

catnapper
02-26-2008, 08:21 AM
YEOUCH!!! I never knew that Pouncer declawed himself, and now Flutter did it too?! YIKES!!! Is it that it gets caught and gets ripped out, or that they actually rip it out themselves?! :eek: I just cannot imagine what they would be thinking doing that..."hmmmm... let's see how much this will hurt." You got some crazy cats!! ;)
Yup, Pouncer declawed himself on two separate occasions. Both times he got his nail caught on something and it ripped out. Both times it grew in just fine. Thanks to Pouncer's do-it-yourself declaws, I knew not to completely freak out on Flutter. She's 100% fine.... I'm the one who needs a valium! :p Even though I knew she'd be ok, and didn't need the vet, I still freaked out knowing my poor little girl had hurt herself. Even hubby got upset knowing his little princess hurt herself (hence the guilt trip I got over the fact that he repeatedly told me she was snagging her nails prior to ripping one out) He picked her up and started petting her and telling her that I was a bad mommy because she could have avoided her boo-boo if I had trimmed her nails. :rolleyes: (gotta love the man who loves his cats!)

And yes, I have some crazy cats. I wouldn't trade them for the world. :)